• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayweather-McGregor officially happening

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather-McGregor-Fuck-You-Suit.jpg

19990154_305927729873427_2648507967462139554_n.jpg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fight, this hype, this promotion is going to change the way boxing is and may just bring boxing back to relevance in the modern day.

They've taken a page from the WWE, and its not necessarily a bad thing. True longtime boxing fans may absolutely hate this entire fight/build up concept, but in reality, this is what boxing needs if it wants to be popular again.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This fight, this hype, this promotion is going to change the way boxing is and may just bring boxing back to relevance in the modern day.

They've taken a page from the WWE, and its not necessarily a bad thing. True longtime boxing fans may absolutely hate this entire fight/build up concept, but in reality, this is what boxing needs if it wants to be popular again.
if that what it takes to bring Boxing back, then it already failed!

what to bring boxing back get rid of the politics. Make the top fighters fight the other top fighters.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was James Toney getting taken down and choked out by a 47 year old Randy Couture in the octagon an embarrassment to boxing?
No, because MMA is not part of boxing. However, boxing is part of MMA.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boxing is highlighting the entire summer. It's already won.
No it didn't. Some people are making some quick cash, but nothing is being built for the future of boxing that can last.

If you make boxing like wrestling, why? This isn't a fight, it's exhibition. It's absolutely as fake and predestined as anything WWE does. McGregor is going in knowing he'll lose but be paid handsomely.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it didn't. Some people are making some quick cash, but nothing is being built for the future of boxing that can last.

If you make boxing like wrestling, why? This isn't a fight, it's exhibition. It's absolutely as fake and predestined as anything WWE does. McGregor is going in knowing he'll lose but be paid handsomely.
This is the end of boxing IMO. McGegor wins and the shift goes to MMA that is getting all of the attention. Boxing is dead.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the end of boxing IMO. McGegor wins and the shift goes to MMA that is getting all of the attention. Boxing is dead.
He won't win though. Not unless Mayweather plans to take a dive.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see.
Mayweather doesn't go 49-1.....That is like Vince McMahon ending Undertakers WM streak. It is stupid.

Mayweather needs to go 50-0. And retire for good. 50-0........wow.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see Pacquiao lose a round either yet he lost the fight.

If you think Pacquiao didn't lose a single round that would explain why you think McGregor has a chance. It would also explain why you stare at a blank wall for hours while drooling on yourself. It would further explain what happens to kids that ate paint chips when they grow up.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The people who buy this fight are going to be the same ones who bought the Mayweather v Pacquiao fight plus about a million UFC fans. And this fight is going to be much less competitive than that. And then the peo'le who bought this fight are going to bitch and moan and raise a ruckus. And they'll tell us all "this is why boxing is dead" and they'll swear they're never going to buy another fight. Then they'll also tell us that this was all just a money grab and it was never a real fight. After that they'll tell us that if this had been a MMA match, McGregor would have won. And that's why they've only been watching UFC for years, and they thought they would give boxing one more try, but never again.

If Vegas would let us bet on that I'd be a millionaire.

As for what they do let us bet on, I go back and forth between Mayweather by easy decision and Mayweather by knockout. I really think McGregor is going to absolutely gas out. I'm just not sure if Mayweather bothers knocking him out pr not.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Irvin wants to fight in MMA....:lol:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both fighters are counter fighters and Floyds superior speed should be noticeable right away so Connor needs to be extra careful throwing that heavy left hand. Floyd just may be waiting for it.

Also, McGregor is not going to have the gas tank to go 12 rounds. My guess is he will start gassing after 2 rounds before Mayweather goes to work. I can see Floyd playing it safe until McGregor tries to catch his breath before he starts backing Connor into the corner and letting loose in round 3 or 4 before the ref stops the fight.

:noidea:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both fighters are counter fighters and Floyds superior speed should be noticeable right away so Connor needs to be extra careful throwing that heavy left hand. Floyd just may be waiting for it.

Also, McGregor is not going to have the gas tank to go 12 rounds. My guess is he will start gassing after 2 rounds before Mayweather goes to work. I can see Floyd playing it safe until McGregor tries to catch his breath before he starts backing Connor into the corner and letting loose in round 3 or 4 before the ref stops the fight.

:noidea:

What makes you think McGregor will gas after two rounds?

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you think McGregor will gas after two rounds?
Well, McGregor doesn't have the best gas tank and has only been past the 2nd round twice in his MMA career. I think he knows he definitely wont be able to go all 12 rounds. His best chance at winning is early and he just might decide to go all in before Floyd can get his timing down, etc. I don't think Connor will even get any significant punches landed on Floyd honestly.

Its just my guess/opinion how I picture things going. I don't think we will see a KO by either fighter but a TKO is my guess.

A lot of people don't realize boxing isn't as simple as it seems and Connor is not a boxer. That alone is a HUGE advantage for Mayweather. This fight is going to possibly be a giant turd.

Last edited:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, McGregor doesn't have the best gas tank and has only been past the 2nd round twice in his MMA career. I think he knows he definitely wont be able to go all 12 rounds. His best chance at winning is early and he just might decide to go all in before Floyd can get his timing down, etc. I don't think Connor will even get any significant punches landed on Floyd honestly.

Its just my guess/opinion how I picture things going. I don't think we will see a KO by either fighter but a TKO is my guess.

A lot of people don't realize boxing isn't as simple as it seems and Connor is not a boxer. That alone is a HUGE advantage for Mayweather. This fight is going to possibly be a giant turd.

Oh I've said all that from the start.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the pre-fight is living up to expectations. His response to Green telling him to take off the W's jersey is classic:

McGregor responded to Green in the comments, saying of the No. 23 jersey: "That's C.J Watson mate. I don't know who the f--k you are. No disrespect tho kid, keep hustling and stay in school."

He added: "Now ask yourself why I'm rocking C.J. when I don't know or give a f--k about basketball. I dribble heads off the floor. Not a ball. This is no game here kid."