• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Williams

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It'll be interesting to see how this works out

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. This team has a ton of young talent and staying in house would have sent the message that what happened last season was acceptable. Williams will be the opposite of Davey when it comes to approach, but I think these guys will respond. Guys like Harper, Desmond, Stras and Zimmermann are young and have egos but I don't think anyone has ever questioned their approach to work and ability to take on challenges from a hard-ass manager.

I love the hire!

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,948.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Nationals manager Matt Williams witnessed a police chase while conducting a radio interview on his way to Nationals Park on Wednesday.

Williams' interview with 106.7 The Fan was interrupted when his car was rear-ended by another vehicle, which crashed into several other cars in an attempt to evade police pursuit.

"He just ran right in the back of me," Williams said. "I just got rear-ended by a guy in a car. Hold on, this guy's crashing into people."

Williams remained calm throughout the process, telling the radio hosts that he was not injured while describing the scene unfolding in front of him.

"I'm good," he said. "There was a police car behind me, and a guy in a car, and he tried to get by me, and he just smoked me.

Source: ESPN