• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Stafford= Jay Cutler clone

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to find stats minus dump off to rbs. But cutler has a higher Y/Attempt than Stafford for his career. That matters with Tannehill, not sure if it still matters when it's an inconvenient stat for Staffdefenders or not.

Hope I find out.

Careful Smitty. You're gonna get caught trolling and receive a tiny emocon from a fan for it if you're not careful.

Look out!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has always been good enough to win it all. The problem is, it's rare when he has time to survey the field. The reason for that is because Mayhew is too stoooooopid to realize that the reason DEs have higher sack numbers, is because that's where most teams generate most of their pressure. The way to slow down those DEs is to upgrade your OT position. Detroit has a slightly above average LT, and a dumpster fire at RT. Mayhew has had many an opportunity to invest in the OT position in the draft, but he hasn't done it because he thinks a TE is the holy fucking grail.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford has always been good enough to win it all. The problem is, it's rare when he has time to survey the field. The reason for that is because Mayhew is too stoooooopid to realize that the reason DEs have higher sack numbers, is because that's where most teams generate most of their pressure. The way to slow down those DEs is to upgrade your OT position. Detroit has a slightly above average LT, and a dumpster fire at RT. Mayhew has had many an opportunity to invest in the OT position in the draft, but he hasn't done it because he thinks a TE is the holy fucking grail.

There's a lot worse QBs than Stafford, but he hasn't evolved at all. A lot of that falls on Mayhew. Stafford would be better on a lot of teams but he'd be worse on a lot too without Calvin his whole career.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fwiw, I hope Cutler is under center in Chicago for another decade.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the NFL start calling deflection at the line of scrimmage an INT?

I was thinking the Eric Weddle one was a pick. They must of overturned it. I stopped watching after that.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game in coaches cam made me a little less upset with Stafford. Rarely was there an open guy when he didn't have someone in his face. He takes some blame, but no more than shitty playcalling/gameplanning and piss poor offensive line play.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how to find stats minus dump off to rbs. But cutler has a higher Y/Attempt than Stafford for his career. That matters with Tannehill, not sure if it still matters when it's an inconvenient stat for Staffdefenders or not.

Hope I find out.
Im still waiting....

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the game in coaches cam made me a little less upset with Stafford. Rarely was there an open guy when he didn't have someone in his face. He takes some blame, but no more than shitty playcalling/gameplanning and piss poor offensive line play.

Isn't Staff supposed to call out possible blitzers and things to be aware of to the O-line? I know Raiola did it a lot for him early in his career but after 6 years...

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hope I find out.

Y/attempt still include YAC so not really. I dont know how to find that stat either. I am leaving that to the young computer nerds here.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Staff supposed to call out possible blitzers and things to be aware of to the O-line? I know Raiola did it a lot for him early in his career but after 6 years...

Maybe he does. But he doesn't pass off stunts. He also doesn't block people. Those are two things that Tomlinson failed to do many times. Our offensive line really got their ass kicked. That coupled with almost no imagination in formation and almost zero short developing routes on the outside and slot are really the culprits here. Also not using Abdullah more. He was our second or third best player on the field Sunday. Calvin is getting a pass and is 1st. Slay might be second. He also is hungry as hell. On one Tate bubble screen if Calvin gets a block it goes for a TD because after the play fake Abdullah sprints his ass off and gets to the safety at the sideline 25 yards down the field in an instant. Our coaches are stupid if they don't see he needs the ball more than Bell.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y/attempt still include YAC so not really. I dont know how to find that stat either. I am leaving that to the young computer nerds here.
They won't reply.

It's absurd to them to compare Stafford to non HOFers in the first place.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he does. But he doesn't pass off stunts. He also doesn't block people. Those are two things that Tomlinson failed to do many times. Our offensive line really got their ass kicked. That coupled with almost no imagination in formation and almost zero short developing routes on the outside and slot are really the culprits here. Also not using Abdullah more. He was our second or third best player on the field Sunday. Calvin is getting a pass and is 1st. Slay might be second. He also is hungry as hell. On one Tate bubble screen if Calvin gets a block it goes for a TD because after the play fake Abdullah sprints his ass off and gets to the safety at the sideline 25 yards down the field in an instant. Our coaches are stupid if they don't see he needs the ball more than Bell.

I like when you show up man because your thoughts are....well thought out. I like how people have stated that they do see the potential in Staff but it seems like everyone usually leaves out some of the things you mention.

One thing that really burns me up about this offense is that I always think they play to the level of their opponents. The O-line did get their asses kicked in the SD game. CJ and Tate have the talent to take over games together but they really never do. A lot of times I think that's on the coaches though.

Now that Abdullah has made his presence felt, it should be fairly easy for the coaches to come up with some really good schemes and get the ball moving.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically 2 coordinators in which these issues have occurred aside from maybe 2011.. When are we going to start blaming some of the personnel in the backfield?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am blaming him. Shit throw to Tate. A bad read or two. He's an above average quarterback. We can win with bim but he needs help. This was a shit game though. Linehan was better than I gave him credit for. I wasn't a fan of his specific play calling in game, but at least he called plays that fit our personnel. He gave people chances to make plays. He used Reggie in space, Calvin didn't line up on the outside 80 percent of the time.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly though it was mostly offensive line. There were times they were beating us with three quickly. It's very hard to be successful when that happens.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am blaming him. Shit throw to Tate. A bad read or two. He's an above average quarterback. We can win with bim but he needs help. This was a shit game though. Linehan was better than I gave him credit for. I wasn't a fan of his specific play calling in game, but at least he called plays that fit our personnel. He gave people chances to make plays. He used Reggie in space, Calvin didn't line up on the outside 80 percent of the time.

Don't forget, Lombardi wasn't even Mayhew's first choice for OC. This isn't exactly a match made in heaven. More like trying to fit a bunch of square pegs into round holes.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget, Lombardi wasn't even Mayhew's first choice for OC. This isn't exactly a match made in heaven. More like trying to fit a bunch of square pegs into round holes.

Good coaches work to the players they have strength's..... Not form a system that they play into.