• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harry Styles cast as Eros/Starfox

fetchimage

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shang Chi is on Disney+ starting yesterday.

It's enjoyable enough, but these origin stories just keep following the same tired formula. Please try something new! It's simple, predictable, and convenient, which is boring.

Another thing I've noticed recently is the writers have no idea how to write dialogue. Stupid characters saying things normal people would never say in the situation they're in just completely takes me out of the story. Most of this is with Awkwafina's character, who is Darcy from Thor level terrible. I was honestly asking myself why she wasn't killed after the first act. The story kinda doesn't make sense why the people she's around would keep her alive, much less around to be one of the pivotal actors in the finale.

Hopefully this next big arc redeems the films making it up, because so far they're not off to a great start. We cared about Iron Man and Captain America because of their films, not just because they existed in some stereotypical introduction before they got together for a better idea.

It's worth a watch for the world building, and Shang Chi himself can be interesting, but it's nothing to write home about as a stand alone movie.