• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Royals 4/9 - 4/11

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i hear ya. To be honest I don't know if I really want Vogelbach getting too many at bats against lefties. I still would like to see Vogelbach get the majority of at bats though while Healy is out. Lets finally see what he has and if he deserves a spot

agreed... and my thoughts as well

on the back side of that is..motter and romine

i am thinking romine to baltimore.
cuz i dont think they will DFA ichi-scrachy

...but they don't listen to me...lol ha lol ha...aloha oye..whop got off track

Last edited:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the strangest start of a baseball season. Games with NL team, snow outs, days off between games, freezing cold weather and who know what else. We're finally coming back home to play division teams....FINALLY, and game times and off days look like they might be a bit more consistent. The schedule that was put together with the extra off day is so typical of the powers that be. Just glad it is finally looking with some semblance of normality. :noidea:

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the strangest start of a baseball season. Games with NL team, snow outs, days off between games, freezing cold weather and who know what else. We're finally coming back home to play division teams....FINALLY, and game times and off days look like they might be a bit more consistent. The schedule that was put together with the extra off day is so typical of the powers that be. Just glad it is finally looking with some semblance of normality. :noidea:

I think we will know alot more where we stand as a ballclub after the next 7 games:

3 with Oakland and 4 with the world champ Astros

Oakland is no slouch as they can score some runs ... They have posted up 9 and 7 and 16 runs in games in just the past week. And everyone knows what kind of pitching and offense that Houston is packing..

If we win even 4/7 its a great home stand, all things considered.
I think we can take 2/3 against OAK and split with the Astros and pull off the 4/7 I just mentioned.

After that with have a longggg road trip with: texas White Sox and Cleveland. TX just lost their stud Andrus when he got beaned in the elbow ... so i expect a possible sweep by us there. White Sox have some young players swinging a big bat and are just as scary a team as our quick turn around grudge match with the Tribe to close out April. All we have to do is win 5/10 and we are good on the road ... get back home and play .550 baseball

Its a simple formula to success

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will know alot more where we stand as a ballclub after the next 7 games:

3 with Oakland and 4 with the world champ Astros

Oakland is no slouch as they can score some runs ... They have posted up 9 and 7 and 16 runs in games in just the past week. And everyone knows what kind of pitching and offense that Houston is packing..

If we win even 4/7 its a great home stand, all things considered.
I think we can take 2/3 against OAK and split with the Astros and pull off the 4/7 I just mentioned.

After that with have a longggg road trip with: texas White Sox and Cleveland. TX just lost their stud Andrus when he got beaned in the elbow ... so i expect a possible sweep by us there. White Sox have some young players swinging a big bat and are just as scary a team as our quick turn around grudge match with the Tribe to close out April. All we have to do is win 5/10 and we are good on the road ... get back home and play .550 baseball

Its a simple formula to success
I agree the next 7-10 games are big for this team and how they measure up against the division teams.

The problem I see with the Oakland series is we have both Felix and Marco going, both are coin flips on which guy we will say that given day. And with the possibility of a few guys coming off the DL for the next few series we might see a few of them not as sharp or dialed in as we would like to see. Taking 2 from Oakland would be ideal cause there are no guarantees against Houston. Gotta get what you can with Houston cause they are a better team than the Mariners no doubt.