• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Royals 4/9 - 4/11

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah Diaz has a ridiculous strikeout ratio. I think he's the fastest in the modern era to ever reach 50 strikeouts (based on IP). Guy averages like 2 an inning, lol. Insane..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was VERY disappointing. Vogelbach with the sacks juiced and one out hits into a DP. Was hoping for more from him. Either play him consistently or expect this kind of results I think.

I wanted the M's to trade him during spring because I thought there was little doubt that reality would kick in on him...and it has. One dimensional player who for some reason says he really wants it, but continues to struggle with his weight. He needs to lose 30 lbs and get more flexibility and really show he wants it. It just irks me for some reason. That play at first he missed on a not-so-hard hop was because his body position was wrong and he has no ability to shift all that weight that quickly.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that was VERY disappointing. Vogelbach with the sacks juiced and one out hits into a DP. Was hoping for more from him. Either play him consistently or expect this kind of results I think.

The problem with Vogs is he simply cannot play defense. So unless he hits great I really don't know. I'd like him to get a decent shot and he should until Healy gets back

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play at first he missed on a not-so-hard hop was because his body position was wrong and he has no ability to shift all that weight that quickly.
I go back to that play in the first game that ended up costing the team 5 runs. If he stretches on that DP its still a 4-0 game but the inning continued and it was 9-0 quickly

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take 6-4 in the first 10, especially w/o Zunino & Ben G the whole time and no Nellie for 80% of it. I still think it will be a tough battle to get into the playoffs, but this has quite a different feel than the first 10 games of last year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Vogs is he simply cannot play defense. So unless he hits great I really don't know. I'd like him to get a decent shot and he should until Healy gets back
I think we are playing it about right at the moment with Healy injured. We don't have a clear cut option there, so splitting between the L/R matchup plays makes sense. But I am with you on the defensive aspect though. If Vogelbach also isn't hitting well, I think Motter becomes a more attractive option because at least he can play defense and run.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back to that play in the first game that ended up costing the team 5 runs. If he stretches on that DP its still a 4-0 game but the inning continued and it was 9-0 quickly

Yea if signing a multi million dollar deal is not enough incentive to lay off the cheese burgers and cupcakes .... I ain't sure what is ?

His $ value may never be higher than what it was the end of March 2018 after raking the way he did in ST.
You know someone was kicking some tires with Dipoto mentioning him in a possible deal

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea if signing a multi million dollar deal is not enough incentive to lay off the cheese burgers and cupcakes .... I ain't sure what is ?

His $ value may never be higher than what it was the end of March 2018 after raking the way he did in ST.
You know someone was kicking some tires with Dipoto mentioning him in a possible deal
Have you ever had one before? theyre pretty fucking great

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted the M's to trade him during spring because I thought there was little doubt that reality would kick in on him...and it has. One dimensional player who for some reason says he really wants it, but continues to struggle with his weight. He needs to lose 30 lbs and get more flexibility and really show he wants it. It just irks me for some reason. That play at first he missed on a not-so-hard hop was because his body position was wrong and he has no ability to shift all that weight that quickly.

He could always try being a vegan like Prince Fielder did?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally being a smartass but since Jerry likes changing positions let's try Vogelbach out as a backup catcher?

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally being a smartass but since Jerry likes changing positions let's try Vogelbach out as a backup catcher?

I think the Great Pumpkin ( his mid section ) prohibits him from actually squatting.

And the hilarity that would ensue if ever he was high centered on home plate on his belly.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had high hopes for Vogelbach's offense following ST. But now, it's looking more and more like he is working his way down to Tacoma OR out the Front Office door to another organization. If he does leave the organization we'll probably see his offense show up like we saw with Smoak and a few others who started ripping the stiches off the ball. Just wish Voge would have shown the colors after ST. I was totally disgusted with him last year and groaned every time I saw him last year and now find myself slowly slipping back to that mode again this year now. w/o a superb offense, he really doesn't have much to offer the M's except some extra weight, I mean..... A LOT of some extra weight.:pigglywiggly:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Great Pumpkin ( his mid section ) prohibits him from actually squatting.

And the hilarity that would ensue if ever he was high centered on home plate on his belly.
Dude- You've got a way with words. What a hoot!! :yahoo:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz has been absolutely incredible. Hoping he is able to keep it up.

I'll be honest I had smoked a bowl when I made the comment about pitching Diaz yesterday and agree it was pretty stupid, lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diaz has been absolutely incredible. Hoping he is able to keep it up.

I'll be honest I had smoked a bowl when I made the comment about pitching Diaz yesterday and agree it was pretty stupid, lol.

Amateur

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that he played there yesterday and that they are playing matchups, but with Healy going down I was hoping for more Vogel-bomb rather than a guy who started the season in AAA taking first base opportunities away.
Yeah i hear ya. To be honest I don't know if I really want Vogelbach getting too many at bats against lefties. I still would like to see Vogelbach get the majority of at bats though while Healy is out. Lets finally see what he has and if he deserves a spot

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice to get the series... First game was a shit show. But the next two were good.

Now we are going to get into 10 straight division games. Very important to hold our own

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't smoke much, I'm more of a drinker.

Sad part is I'm vastly more coherent after 10 shots than I am after taking two bong rips.
Like I say...smoke em' if ya got em'

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I say...smoke em' if ya got em'

postin ..smokin..and jokin ...that's the life.....
Sad part is I'm vastly more coherent after 10 shots than I am after taking two bong rips.

i was just that way as well...until it ..caught up with me....oh well i don't miss it..at this point