• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners/Rays trade

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
end of the damage control drill ....(secure all damage control lockers...set too watch (M'sbb))..for now!!.lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and a cano trade would do even more to that end
rzepczynski cold be odd guy out soon..la blanc replacing with ramirez return

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They said the Giants are sending money to the Mariners too..I wonder if that is part of the money Tampa is sending for Span's deal

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means they dont except Gordon to be out long

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so with gordon out should span hit second in the line up..he does have some speed and before now has hit 300-270
and right now at 230 ????
with cano and gordon out ..they are minus left handed hitters ..maybe they play vogey a bit more

they said one month for gordan

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could we see the new wave mariners soon.....??

lineup
#1 gordon 2b..L/L:
#2 segura ..ss
#3 vogey..DH L/L assuming he can hit ...but cruzes numbers are not much better ..right now
#4 haniger.RF
#5 healy..1B
#6 seager..3B..L/L
#7 zanino..C
#8 gamel..LF L/L
#9 heredia.CF

if the mariners are losing out on the W C race this could be the line up after the trade deadline
or next year

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this means they dont except Gordon to be out long
Servais said the other day he was hoping it wasn’t much longer then the minimum 10 days

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Servais said the other day he was hoping it wasn’t much longer then the minimum 10 days

I'm not sure how long but 10 days seemed very very optimistic for a broken toe on a guy who's entire game is based around speed. Let him rest until the 11th I say.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how long but 10 days seemed very very optimistic for a broken toe on a guy who's entire game is based around speed. Let him rest until the 11th I say.

Dipoto said he expects Dee back after this Minnesota series, so next week at the latest.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about depth. If we were to lose Heredia or Gamel for any length of time, now we won't have to bring a 28-year-old career minor leaguer (Andreoli) for a few games.

If Nicasio goes into another period of ineffectiveness (highly possible. defense has bailed him out the last two times he's pitched) now they have another option besides Nick Vincent for 7th/8th inning right handed relief. Dipoto is making the statement that he is not quite ready to turn the game over to Pazos or Altavilla (currently in Tacoma).

So, no, the lineup has not been improved, but it has a nice insurance policy that it didn't have before.

And, yes, the bullpen has been improved. We now have an additional late inning right handed option. It will cut down on the appearances and innings Nicasio and Vincent are amassing which hopefully will keep them fresh into September/October.

I know we all would have preferred better players but let's look at this in terms of math. Better players may not have been available for 4-8 more weeks while the bottom feeders try to get the best offer for their players. In a 4-8 week span we may have lost 3-4 games that could have been avoided if we had upgraded the team sooner. So what I'm saying is, getting decent players earlier is as good as getting better players later.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I'm saying is, getting decent players earlier is as good as getting better players later.
Bingo. I don’t think this can be stated enough. Personally I think this is a decent deal if it was just Colome but adding Span who I think essentially is a better version Gamel right now. My favorite stat of his is that he walks more then he strikes out. The ability to walk is something missing in this lineup consistently.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gamel will be the one losing playing time which is fine by me

True... That's one of the reasons I like this trade... He gives us veteran, postseason experience in the OF... He also knows how to get on base... He'll be an upgrade of Gamel at the bottom of the order...

We've been so inconsistent with our set up guy's in the rotation this year... Colome gives us an upgrade there, imo... Plus, if Diaz is used a lot, Colome can close a few games if needed...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense for the Ray's, I mean it's shocking and I'd be pissed if I were a fan that that's the package they got. But the Ray's have no real shot at the playoffs since they play the Red Sox and Yankees so much. So what the GM says makes sense, might as well see what they got with the younger guys.

I just think that was a typical Mariners trade by TB this time. I think they sold cheap on their guys and could have gotten more at the deadline BUT you do run the risk of an injury and then you get nothing. I don't know anything about Romero, but he wasn't rated high and for me Moore is just another arm and nothing worth banking on for the Mariners. I actually don't mind the trade though I would have liked a better deal during the spring.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think that was a typical Mariners trade by TB this time. I think they sold cheap on their guys and could have gotten more at the deadline BUT you do run the risk of an injury and then you get nothing. I don't know anything about Romero, but he wasn't rated high and for me Moore is just another arm and nothing worth banking on for the Mariners. I actually don't mind the trade though I would have liked a better deal during the spring.

I like the Colome part, am eh on Span. But it just seems like Jerry got away with robbery. I don't know anything about Romero either, but Moore isn't anything special. He is the type of "top prospect" I wanted them use in their Marco deal. A guy who is a highly rated prospect but doesn't make or break the farm system

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading up on these 2 guys I'm thinking we obviously got the better deal. We are FAT in the pitching department so the 2 we traded off doesn't bother me. I am more concerned about what we'll have down the road a few years from now. Colome is the better part of this deal. Span, if he stays healthy, can be a plus offensively - obviously over Gamel. Again, a concern I have is I think Gamel has long term potential if we keep him. He's younger and motivated so I hope we don't let him go too soon. I worry about the M's ending up with a "senior citizen" team if we're not careful. Looks like JD wants to press for postseason this year but he didn't pick up a #1 starter that we needed. Just hope this year is not one of the could of should of years. Fingers crossed for a decent finish this season.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or like when the M's have had closers with decent years in the past, Aardsma, League and Wilhelmsen come to mind in the not too distant past, where the M's have just inexplicably not traded any of them.

I am actually ok with this trade. The M's gave up very little to get a closer and also got a 4th outfielder to boot.