• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mariners minors/tacoma/prospects

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say they should try to move Vogelbach to catcher. It forces him into getting into shape. I know that's harsh but dude could be good if he just got into shape enough to play below average defense.

Unfortunately it is not little league and you can't just put the fat kid at catcher. It does take talent and he doesn't even have enough footwork for 1B so catcher seems way out of the question. Just my opinion.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately it is not little league and you can't just put the fat kid at catcher. It does take talent and he doesn't even have enough footwork for 1B so catcher seems way out of the question. Just my opinion.

It was more of a joke. But it's not putting the fat kid behind the plate, it's give him one last shot to prove he wants to play baseball. If he takes it seriously he would lose weight and actually have a core which helps with defense, but offense as well.

I just can't imagine being at the level where you are one step away from being an everyday starter in the bigs but you can't keep your weight under control or at least do enough yoga or whatever stretching stuff they do now to give him so flexibility.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't imagine being at the level where you are one step away from being an everyday starter in the bigs but you can't keep your weight under control or at least do enough yoga or whatever stretching stuff they do now to give him so flexibility.

Agreed and I said the same thing myself a couple weeks back. It is one thing to be Tony Gwynn who ballooned to over 250 but could still hit. This kid is trying to make it and can't do P90X and lose it. Not sure what else can motivate a guy if that doesn't.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
povse seems to be doing just that posing..bishop needs a prayer..misiewicz should try a verb

but really im looking at modesto and garcia and newsome..being a Hs guy newsome has time still ..garcia does not really
cuz he is three years in..right now.
so if he cant make it starting at that lvl..then bull pen must be the solution..IMO

Mccaughan,bell and McClain is still there.. all good right hand starting pitchers
romero...a right hand pitcher.. could move up but not until after the draft...which is june 4-6

which also means the mariners could use a LHp=starter at modesto lvl=wells not yet ready
and if/and/or /when romero moves up as starter to modesto
(carlson ..should be slated for everett.....prob?/)

a draft choice like.. logan gilbert.RHp.prob around #15..1st round(stetson). could solve the rhp problem at clinton in a hurrie..
other than stanford guy ..cris bubic LHp(stanford.)or nick springel (U/san diego) Lhp.could be second rounders and would work at modesto /or clinton
which really means they could use two competitive balance picks( which they would have to trade for)..to catch up
or just not trade any this year or ..really next either ...lololol

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
competitive balance picks
round one
# 14 mariners..non tradable
compansation picks
31 TB
32 TB
33 KC...Possible with k c having so many picks..pitching the prob target..but maybe not only
34 KC
35 cleveland
cb..A
36 pitt
37 baltimore...a possible with there pitching being the prob ..bergy..++ would be the target
38 SAN diego...same as above..but( i )am always after franchy cordero..lolol
39 arizona
40 K C
41 cleveland..staring to be a theme here ..almost on who is getting extra picks...lol
42 colorado
43 st louis
second round
# 11..#54 overall.. mariners..non tradable

cb...B
69 miami
70 oakland
71 TB..they like to trade..and stack in the minors..with a low budget
72 cincinnati
73 milwalkee
74 minnesota...
comp B
75 st louis
76 coplorado
77 chic cubs
78 chic cubs..they have traded with before and will again.prob not this time though..but who knows
all these except the mariners picks are tradable
i always thought we have a good trader ...but who knows

round 3
#12 ..90 overall
mariners

five in the top 90 would be fabuloso...lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
possible trades
resign cruz..... trade vogey to TB for one or two..then have filia (when he returns)as Lh ..DH/1b/rf

KC... would like to get there hands on Heredia..that would be Quit expensive..they also could use a proto typicle
RF and then have solar DH...they should have sighned smith LOL
a better hitting..ss or 2b

there are prob others but those are the ones that come to mind

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as far as HS guys go..we have to ask ourselves ..why wells and newsome have not progressed in the mariners organization
and what HS guys ever have in the mariners org
until i can answer or fix that prob...i would rather just draft collage guys...IMO
here are some

logan gilbert(sp)LHp..stetson....2.61 era...8-1.w/L...86.1 ip..121so
brooks wilson relief...statson....1.70 era...17 saves..47.2 ip 62 so...

kris bubic (sp)LHp..stanford.......2.25 era..7-0 w/L...64 ip..72 so
while this guy is not a pitcher i like to scout two guys at least from each school
nico hoerner..2B 337 bat ave slg 497 obp 384 that is not great numbers but they are ok though..for collage

griffin roberts (sp) rhp wake forest..356 era 4-4 w/L 78.1 ip..109 so...i think of this guy as a new filix...somewhat...lol
rayne supple. relief rhp wake forest..142 era...8 saves 38.0 ip..42 so
not a winning program..but these guys did well

colton eastman (sp)rhp cal st fullerton 2.44 era 7-3 W/L..84.2 ip ..78so
brett conine relief ..cal st fullerton..3.58 era..8 saves 27.2 ip....29 so

cody deason (sp) rhp arizona..2.36 era..5-4 W/L..72.1 ip..72 so
alfonso rivas 111rd ..OF..arizona.. ave 367..6 hr..slg 559..obp 445..stolin bases 5-5

i have scouted more but there is a sample lol

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call him up!

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cook has always been good till he was injured...now he seems to be back...we will see if he is as good as ever
elias is a nice get by depoto..and what they needed at tacoma ....and welcome back roenis

although povse,whalen,and miranda seem to have era's that are too high ...i will give them some more time to work it out
before saying they need to go to the pen
miranda's HR's let seem to be down which is a really good thing
povse 33 so in 29 innings..like to see more of that ...with a lower era and walks
whalen 30 so in 33 innings..that is on the right track as well..with the era lower of coarse

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to ask this question about tacoma though..and it is not about pitching its about hitting
why did they release matt hague when he is a career 299 hitter in the minors
and why are all these guys below not hitting well

mike marjama a career 271 hitter hitting 240
kirk nieuwenhuis a career 271 hitter as well hitting 217
zack vincej..car 270.....hitting 247
add taylor motter to that and jason worth

one or two guys is one thing..all those guys not hitting well makes it seem like something is wrong ..or coaching is bad

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice ...not bad for newsome..he needs those good numbers...nuts have a good lineup..and it is fun to keep an eye on them..lol
34 so in 31 innings is good
romero ..35 so 27 ip.....era 267

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the next question is...and it is a big one....WHAT is up with lewis....where is he and what is wrong
that is making it so he is not playing
as the mariners #! prospect..it has been 3 years of basily ...nada...not saying its anyone's falt

just what is up with him

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
list of 7 day disabled or newly acquired...in mariners minors....it is not a totally complete list...but it is fairly close
clinton lumberkings
andres torres one of the best pitchers at everett last year==7 day disabled
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

modesto nuts
anthony mcivor LHP(relief)..newly acquired from minnesota for a player to be named
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kyle lewis of.........mariners 1st round 2016.==7 day disabled
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arkansas travelers
brett ash ......................7 day disabled
art warren.......................same
jake zokan LHP (relief).......same
jordan cowan 3B LHH..........same

tacoma
ryan garton..RHp (relief) and not bad.....acquired from TB last year in a trade===7 day disabled
hisashi iwakuma.................................................................................................same
nick rumbelow......................................................................................................same
tucker healy.........................................acquired may 7......active........ but no action as yet

andres torres and kyle lewis could help a lot if they were healthy

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next question is...and it is a big one....WHAT is up with lewis....where is he and what is wrong
that is making it so he is not playing
as the mariners #! prospect..it has been 3 years of basily ...nada...not saying its anyone's falt

just what is up with him
Last I heard or recall was early-mid May for him to return to an affiliate. For now I guess he is just hanging in Arizona.

Sam Carlson is another guy missing in action since being drafted. His situation doesn't look good at all. I am guessing he is headed for tommy johns almost certainly.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners' Sam Carlson: Held back in extended spring training

mike rosenbaum at mlb.com
prob slated for everett...i would say that is about right for a HS guy

when you play the short season..there is a lot of time for school
community collage or what ever

me ..I would like to see guys get at least an AA degree