• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mariners minors/mariners future

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
projection puts him at tacoma next year ...with jaminian and whalen..need two Lhp's for the.. proj
then one more LHP at AA..to go with mizwics

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shy 1B and starting pitching at the lower lvl's...it is ...the fortunate v's the unfortunate

mariners are still fortunate to be in a playoff race.....unfortunately...they are missing cano and ramirez

fortunately mariners have diaz...unfortunately mariners have a fading felix..for 26 more mil

fortunately the mariners had a good draft......unfortunately they still need 1B and starting pitching in the next draft

hopefully they can make it two drafts in a row in which the do well...they had a few guys from other drafts who were ready and will and are adding to this draft class as well

they need to draft 1B and starting pitching ...early and often.. in the next one

that said...they can afford at the same time to take as many HS guys as they want..

that is a good thing

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about 10 or 12 HS guys would fill up AZL+dsl guys coming up+rehab guys++milb free agents(basicly undrafted guys)

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right now looking around for possible trades..and looking down the pirates minors ..i realized that

povse and mcCaughan are really good prospects for the mariners...

and ljay newsome is a strike out pitcher(hs guy) who..you can see gitting better..and is as good as some of the pirates stuff..even though it still may take a few more years for ljay

so the mariners...are still a bit away(in the minors)....... but...these guys still give them hope

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anouther thing i realized is that in..there starting pitching in the minors

while they need starting pitching........they really need to double the amount of LHP ers..for at least one draft

and still need to get some collage pitchers... who may be capable of moving up a bit faster

two would be good

cuz although gilbert did not pitch this year for the mariners...i expect he and plassmeyer will move up faster

i really like brnovich and kirby from elon .....but so do a lot of teams i would think....lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
643268.jpg

Jordan Cowan 13 3B
Modesto Nuts
divider-420x20.gif

• Full Name: Jordan D. Cowan
  • Birthplace: Covington, WA
  • Bats/Throws: L/R Ht: 6' 0" Wt: 160
  • Draft: Round 37 (2013, SEA)
  • School: Kentlake (WA) HS
done with rehab..and moveing up fast....like to see him at 3B at tacoma next yaer

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've caught 5 Aqua Sox games so far this year.

Between Cal Raleigh, Josh Stowers and possibly Bobby Honeyman there actually looks like some offensive talent there.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've caught 5 Aqua Sox games so far this year.

Between Cal Raleigh, Josh Stowers and possibly Bobby Honeyman there actually looks like some offensive talent there.

i like this years draft class ....A....lot...it is the kind you can stand on......as an organization....and it is like the crest of a wave....with the class before it just adding to it

that said the mariners really..really need one more gooood draft to make everything solid......and some more good international guy's

if there are all free agents(milb) at AA..in the line up i would not care( there wont be).

.cuz tacoma will be even better with joey curletta(1B) prob moving up...and maybe braden bishop..and eric falia..although falia is droping a bit

so ad that to
ian miller..........LF....L/L
braden bishop...cf
falia................RF/DH.....L/R
curletta................1B
vogelbach...........1B/DH...L/L
beckham.............2B..cant see him going anywhere at this point
vencej.................ss...on the 40 man
jordan cowan.........3B..L/R...i thought he would be here already but he got injured...but im sloting him there for next year

that is an ok line up that works...prob with a few MILB free agents as well
pitching

povse.................RHP..........make it or break it..... baby
________............LHP..........prob waiver wire or trade
whalen.................RHP.........we still have some time...take it easy..BABY
_________...........LHP...........again waiver or trade
johendi jaminian.....RHP............he ..has ..earned it...a promotion

then lawrance...will be on the 40 man..at the begining...but may have to be sent down later again next year
idk on bergman...just matters if he resigns......there is always detroit though
and with festa ,Mckay, and warren moving up in the bull pen

all that leaves almost no one at AA...except bannister RHP and misewiczLHP and joe de carlo..CATCHER..logan taylor..LF
and carl lewis..OF..donnie walton..2B/SS.....prob..promotion.. white 1B..maybe branton 2b

almost for sure darren McCoughan....but that is all i expect....that leaves a lot of room for free agents..at the AA lvl

from modesto on down will be good until the draft...at which time ..after that we could see some promotions

nice ...verry nice...compared to last year

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ljay newsome may move up as well...at least to start with.....oh boy.. could they use a breakout from him

he is a strike out guy...and that would leave only one more lhp..needed..at AA

then bring up from clinton to modesto
clay chandler
raymond kerr
scott boches
steve moyers

Last edited:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame that Kyle Lewis hasn't looked all that great this year, hope he can bounce back

upload_2018-8-22_7-26-3.png

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwest League: Batting Leaders (click column headers to sort)
NAME TEAM POS G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG OPS
Diosbel Arias SPO SS 50 182 33 65 12 2 3 33 90 26 32 5 1 .442 .495 .357 .936
Bobby Honeyman EVE SS 46 181 28 64 9 4 3 22 90 9 18 3 0 .385 .497 .354 .883

i will take honeyman

kyle lewis i will eval after the first half (of milb season)next year

after injury...i would like to give him some catch up time

unless they trade him

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cal raleigh started late but he is crushing it now

663728.jpg

Cal Raleigh 33 C
Everett AquaSox
divider-420x20.gif

• Full Name: Caleb John Raleigh
  • Birthplace: Cullowhee, NC
  • Bats/Throws: S/R Ht: 6' 3" Wt: 215
  • Draft: Round 3 (2018, SEA)
  • School: Florida State
  • Relationship(s): son of Todd Raleigh, nephew of Matt RaleighShare
  • Email...................ab........................hr.........................ave............obp..............slg
  • NWL A(Short) 26 101 20 32 58 8 0 ..6 ..21 13 0 19 0 1 .317 ...............397 ........574 .971 0.66

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he is heating up......makes me not want to trade him now and just go with a...free agent pitcher(eovaldi is MY guy..lol)

yeah and that would mean on ..young pitching...i would have to ...wait for it...wait for it...lol

with logan gilbert and plassmeyer still years away....i have dreams of adding george kirby(elon) and ken waldichuck(st marys)

aaaahhh well at least they are not nightmares...lol

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so guys who are ulikly to move up ..from AZL-aqua sox for out field are

jensel rivera Rf L/L...he is a HS guy(from beverly..mass)..so it seems he needs one more year...he started out hot ...but cooled
which means the pitchers figured him out..he will change and have another go at it...prob meanwile filling in
and same for these guys

ryan garcia RF L/L from point loma HS san diego...same as rivera needs more time

ronald rosario L/L of..dominican...in his 5 year he only gets one more..as the mariners #25 prospect with verry few stats

cody staab L/L...rice..a lot of times he was a defencive sub in collage..so he will bench..in the heredia role..he was injured this year..so we will prob see the real cody staab..next year..hopefully with some batting instruction

a guy likly to move up to azl from the dominican is
julio rodriguez R/R...there are no exuses he is rocking that league..and will be 18 in december

so with 4 LH hitters and only one right hand hitter...the mariners need to draft some R/R outfied guys

tommy jew R/R uc santa barbara is on my list(i wish i could keep yedns(ucla ) on there..but 1B guys keep kiking him off
so maybe in the lower rounds...for a few more R/R guys..if ya like a LHH..it is still ok though
but i also like jordan howard.R/R..lee u...OF/ss...as a heredia type...only better..he is a senior

to me there seems something wrong that the high rated dominican guys..dont do well with the mariners it seems they flounder at the lower lvl;s...so some kind of instuction is missing...is it cultural...yeah maybe.. but if it is.. then they need to instruct them on that

Last edited: