• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners @ Athletics 5/22 - 5/24

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be a blast hearing how Servais spins this one in post game.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogelbach could have laid down the worst bunt in the world and still would have tied the game with nobody within 50 feet of 3B. Learn to fucking hit Fatboy!!!!
I’ve seen enough of him. Add him to the long list of AAAA players this organization has seen

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen enough of him. Add him to the long list of AAAA players this organization has seen

Trade him to TB or another 'rebuilding' team for a late inning RP. I would ask for more, but he hasn't worth more.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fatboy probably can't lean over far enough to get a bunt. Servais should have put in a PH at that point instead of waiting for the last 2 outs of the game. This game was a pathetic performance for a team that some think might make the post season.

The first inning set the tone. And Fatboy has a freaking gut. Mid 20 year old pro athlete with a gut? Take some pride in yourself.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still thinks he is the King and can just show up. Not happening ever again.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first inning set the tone. And Fatboy has a freaking gut. Mid 20 year old pro athlete with a gut? Take some pride in yourself.
Yeah seriously. Look at what Schwarber was able to do. Hell even Montero got a little smaller when he tried. At least pretend like you care

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah seriously. Look at what Schwarber was able to do. Hell even Montero got a little smaller when he tried. At least pretend like you care

This is where I don't get it. Does he not have any pride? He had a shot last year but were too big to make the club out of spring when he was basically given the job, so you come in this the exact same? Stay big, fine, but get some flexibility and agility.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not a fan that a manager has to tell your highest paid pitcher that he has to actually be ready to pitch a game

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan that a manager has to tell your highest paid pitcher that he has to actually be ready to pitch a game

I always loved Felix, but this version over the last few years is really getting tiresome and I am not talking about his pitching decline. Verlander recovered somehow but Felix just seems stuck on himself and won't change. Cano thinks he has to stay 25 forever and cheat and lie about it. Cruz just looks like a shell of himself. Did they just get together and say screw it we already got their money?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will continue to do what he wants and the franchise enables and coddles it. There’s not much to say

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always loved Felix, but this version over the last few years is really getting tiresome and I am not talking about his pitching decline. Verlander recovered somehow but Felix just seems stuck on himself and won't change. Cano thinks he has to stay 25 forever and cheat and lie about it. Cruz just looks like a shell of himself. Did they just get together and say screw it we already got their money?

I’ll give Cruz a break because he has been great up until now. Although it’s clear he should be DLd for little bit.

Felix just is what he is. The not being willing to adapt part is what kills me.

I got nothing more to say about the other guy for now

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See, I don't care about the Cano thing, he already got paid then cheated. Cruz, had progressively gotten worse into his softball swing. He still has the power but it just seems Edgar needs to get into his ear and make him realize he doesn't have to destroy the ball every time.

With Felix, I have no clue, since Jerry and Servais got here they have talked about how Felix has evolved as a pitcher and so far it doesn't seem to be working nor has he changed. He had 5 plus pitchers in his hay day, not sure why his fastball velocity dropping to 91 make him only rely on his changeup as his other pitch. I wasn't a pitcher so I don't have an answer or know how easy it is to adjust but just seems so odd that a dude who had as much pride as him can't evolve to what he is.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll give Cruz a break because he has been great up until now. Although it’s clear he should be DLd for little bit.

I know he has played through injuries, but that doesn't make him swing at crap each and every AB. I just think he quit his special sauce because of Cano and age caught up with him. Hope I am wrong because we have nothing to replace him with now or in the near future.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he has played through injuries, but that doesn't make him swing at crap each and every AB. I just think he quit his special sauce because of Cano and age caught up with him. Hope I am wrong because we have nothing to replace him with now or in the near future.

Hanley Ramirez just got released :rolleyes2:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will continue to do what he wants and the franchise enables and coddles it. There’s not much to say

One thing better be for sure - Paxson better pitch opening day next year...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed... I'm going to cut Cruz some slack... He's been battling injuries all season it seems... I don't believe he'll stay in this funk all season... He'll get hot at some point imo...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty clear at this point Felix should not be pitching in a 1 game WC playoff. Will Servais realize this? He's fine after he settles down but the first couple of innings are worrisome.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean of course they would put pax up in a one game winner take all situation right now today. Several months from now? Who knows. When was the last time Pax made it through an entire season uninjured? Last year he was up and down with his mental part of the game as well.

Nobody knows right now if Felix can turn things around. He's still throwing like he's a fastball pitcher when he's not. He still has a lot of movement on his other pitches and strings outs when he's dialed in.

I wouldn't put an important game on his shoulders right now for sure, but it's way too early to know what the post season landscape of this rotation will look like.