• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manny is back

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fastest retirement ever

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already? Lol. He doesn't look like the same Pacquiao that dominated every opponent he faced. He should hang them up. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the greats and he's still really good but not nearly as good as he was during his peak.

I will still contend that Mayweather would have gotten knocked out if they had fought 5 years sooner. Pacquiao in his prime was damn near unbeatable.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fastest retirement ever

That's too bad. I was over him and happy to hear he had retired. I guess he's back to "give the fans what they want" (aka the exact opposite)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's too bad. I was over him and happy to hear he had retired. I guess he's back to "give the fans what they want" (aka the exact opposite)
not really. He was allegedly gonna fight Crawford. but then now he wants to pull a Mayweather & play it safe. I would have given him kudos for coming back to face a talent like Crawford. Now I don't give a shit.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really. He was allegedly gonna fight Crawford. but then now he wants to pull a Mayweather & play it safe. I would have given him kudos for coming back to face a talent like Crawford. Now I don't give a shit.

I stopped giving a shit long ago. I used to be a HUGE Pacman fan and then it all came crumbling down:

1. The first Bradley fight made me want to not watch boxing ever again (not Pac's fault, but he was screwed)
2. Tells the fans he is going to give them fights they want and then lines up Marquez Volume 5 or whatever it was, which approximately zero Pac fans were clamoring for. Talk about a no-win situation for the guy.
3. Finally secures the fight of the century and instead of just sucking it up and revealing he had a bum shoulder, fights anyways and produces one of the most boring fights in recent memory. That was a bigger "money" decision than Floyd ever made
4. Enough has come out of his mouth to make me realize he's a moronic simpleton, which is okay, but he tries to present as otherwise.

I won't watch whoever he fights next. Don't care.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the first choice was Bronner, but now he's in prison. Second choice was said to be winner of Crawford v Postol. I didn't actually pay for that PPV so I'll wait to really comment on it, but reports are Crawford looked very Mayweatheresque and appeared almost unhittable. Can't see Manny wanting a repeat of that. Other mentioned names for the fight are Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman, but I can't see Manny taking a power shot from either of them either.

My guess is maybe Jessie Vargas, who the RIng magazine has ranked #8 at welterweight. Who would even buy that ppv?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be a bad ending similar to Ali or Iceman's later years.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like I said, Pacquiao is fighting Jessie Vargas, who is the 8th ranked fighter in his own weight class. And it's going to be a PPV fight, not a cable/HBO/Showtime fight. This whole entire fight is just betting on the stupidity of non fans buying PPV based on a name they've heard before. I bet hardly any actual houses buy the fight, and it's just a couple sports bars in every city that advertise they have the Pacquiao fight on for free.

Sad state of affairs for Manny, he should hang em up while he still has a shred of dignity. Because as pedestrian as Vargas is, he's still gonna beat this Manny.