• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Make Your Choice

BHamita15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Which RB has the most yards from scrimmage?
Devontae Booker , DeAngelo Henderson or Royce Freeman?

2. Which RB sees the endzone the most?
Devontae Booker, Deangelo Henderson or Royce Freeman?

3. Which WR is most likely to get cut after this season?
Demaryius Thomas or Emmanuel Sanders?

4. Which rookie or 1st year WR makes the biggest impact?
Courtland Sutton, Daeshon Hamilton, Carlos Henderson or Isaiah McKenzie?

5. Who is the most productive TE?
Jake Butt, Jeff Heuerman , Troy Fumagalli or Austin Traylor?

6. Who leads the DL in sacks?
Derek Wolfe, Adam Gotsis, Shelby Harris, Clinton McDonald or Demarcus Walker?

7. Which of the young guys is 2nd behind Von in sacks?
Bradley Chubb, Shane Ray, or Shaquil Barrett?

8. Which safety will be recognized as the teams best at the end of the year?
Darian Stewart, Justin Simmons, Will Parks, Su'a Cravens, Jamal Carter?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Freeman- I think Booker will start the season as the starter, as much as I like him he has been injured the past 3 years dating back to his SR year at Utah, so I will go with some durability here. I think they will compliment each other well with Henderson getting some grub in the middle and Lindsay will get his shot in a small role with the biscuit when Booker has his yearly 2-4 week injury.

If healthy all season then Booker.

Freeman

Sanders- Hopefully neither. Love these two, and with a good QB they will re-prove themselves this year.

Total gut feeling Hamilton because the role he can fill for what we need right now. Still have high expectations for all these guys but someone will fall out of favor this year.

Butt

Wolfe

Chubb

Simmons

Last edited:

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devontae Booker

Royce Freeman

Emmanuel Sanders

Daeshon Hamilton

Jake Butt

Shelby Harris

Bradley Chubb

Justin Simmons

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. I think Freeman wins the job by our bye week and squeaks out the win over Booker.

2. Again, Freeman takes it at the end of the season.

3. Both will be 32 at the end of their contracts, which both expire after next year. Manny gets cut. DT restructures.

4. Sutton

5. Fumagalli

6. Wolfe, if he can stay healthy.

7. Chubb

8. Simmons or Cravens.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Freeman?

Royce Freeman?

Emmanuel Sanders?

Daeshon Hamilton

Jake Butt

Shelby Harris

Bradley Chubb

Justin Simmons

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot " what Qb throws for most TDs....Keenum, Kelly, Lynch or Stevens ? That one has to be as hard as the other ones. ;)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS....#6. How about " tackles " ? Be nice to see somebody other than a Saftey lead the team in that category. :)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS....#6. How about " tackles " ? Be nice to see somebody other than a Saftey lead the team in that category. :)

Last year the 1st and 2nd leading tackler on the team were Brandon Marshall and Todd Davis.

The year before that it was Todd Davis. have to remember Marshall missed part of the year with an injury.

2015 it was Trevathan 1st and Marshall 2nd. So I'm not sure where you are getting this thought that the Safeties have been leading the team in tackles.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aye? We haven't even had a Safety lead the team in tackles this century. It has been 22 years since Tyrone Braxton the last DB to lead the team in tackles led the team in tackles.

2017- Brandon Marshall
2016- Todd Davis
2015- Danny Trevathan
2014- Brandon Marshall
2013- Danny Trevathan
2012- Wesley Woodyard
2011- Wesley Woodyard
2010- D.J. Williams
2009- D.J. Williams
2008- Jamie Winborn
2007- D.J. Williams
2006- Al Wilson
2005- Ian Gold
2004- D.J. Williams
2003- Al Wilson
2002- Al Wilson
2001- John Mobley
2000- John Mobley
1999- Glen Cadrez
1998- John Mobley
1997- John Mobley
1996- Tyrone Braxton 1 more than Allen Aldridge

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I should of said DB instead of Safety. Pretty sure Champ led team before. Unfortunately for the Lbs, most tackles were 5+yards downfield.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew I should of said DB instead of Safety. Pretty sure Champ led team before. Unfortunately for the Lbs, most tackles were 5+yards downfield.

The list above you will show the leading tacklers since 1996. Champ Bailey nor any DB is on that list. The last DB to lead the team in tackles was in 1996 Tyrone Braxton. Very rare a CB is ever going to lead a team in tackles assuming he plays CB all season and not partially a S.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let's get back to my original response to the #6 from New Guy about D line tackles instead of sacks......" Sure be nice if somebody on line could get more tackles than our safety ! That was being slightly sarcastic. We need D line to contribute more in that category . Of course I'm talking run game. To many times the back or Qb has a clear hole at line and then there's no Lb within 3-4 yds, and they or db makes tackle after nice gain on 3rd and 3 or +. You and Cd need to chill a tad. Your both too invested in trying to tarnish my impeccable reputation on this board. :suds:

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh, you're doing all the digging on that hole yourself. CD and DC are just providing the shovels.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok let's get back to my original response to the #6 from New Guy about D line tackles instead of sacks......" Sure be nice if somebody on line could get more tackles than our safety ! That was being slightly sarcastic. We need D line to contribute more in that category . Of course I'm talking run game. To many times the back or Qb has a clear hole at line and then there's no Lb within 3-4 yds, and they or db makes tackle after nice gain on 3rd and 3 or +. You and Cd need to chill a tad. Your both too invested in trying to tarnish my impeccable reputation on this board. :suds:

Hasn't our defense been both top-10 in both run and pass defense 2 of the past 3 years? I guess I'm just not understanding this whole safety obsession you have. The DL and LB's have done their job well for this team when it comes to stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. In fact if there was a group last year that stunk big time it was the safeties. Darian Stewart had a very down year, Will Parks was nothing special and gave up the most passing TD's on the team. Simmons is about the only one that shows anything of value from that position last year.

I honestly was impressed with our DL last year. Peko was a huge addition to the defense, Gotsis showed improvement, and Wolfe before injury was pretty good. Even the depth players had moments.

You sure you watched the games last year?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't our defense been both top-10 in both run and pass defense 2 of the past 3 years? I guess I'm just not understanding this whole safety obsession you have. The DL and LB's have done their job well for this team when it comes to stopping the run and putting pressure on the QB. In fact if there was a group last year that stunk big time it was the safeties. Darian Stewart had a very down year, Will Parks was nothing special and gave up the most passing TD's on the team. Simmons is about the only one that shows anything of value from that position last year.

I honestly was impressed with our DL last year. Peko was a huge addition to the defense, Gotsis showed improvement, and Wolfe before injury was pretty good. Even the depth players had moments.

You sure you watched the games last year?
Yeah. Even though Denver finished 31st in team tackles and 3 safeties and 2 Dbs finished in top ten in tackles ( Simmons and Stewert tied for third most ) While Parks beat out every D lineman , I guess I was way off base. Good job guys. Got me again

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Even though Denver finished 31st in team tackles and 3 safeties and 2 Dbs finished in top ten in tackles ( Simmons and Stewert tied for third most ) While Parks beat out every D lineman , I guess I was way off base. Good job guys. Got me again

Damn straight we got ya sucka!

Been 22 years! I was in 8th grade. Mingo just got his first wheel chair that year. He's had 12 since.

S's and LB's typically have more tackles then DL... Very rare for a DL to lead a team on the season in tackles (maybe never unless it was back in the old day or a LB/DE) or game in tackles.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you ignore fact we were 31st in league in tackles even though the offense led in most 3 and outs, our safeties suck yet had three in top six in tackles, Marshall and Davis led in tackles...neither had a sack or tackle for loss ( and they blitzed a lot ), most of Marshall and Davis tackles were 5+ yds downfield.My point and has been from the start, is the DL and the LBs need to make more plays at line of scrimmage or minimal gain. All year tackles were happening 5+ yds down field with that front 7.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you ignore fact we were 31st in league in tackles even though the offense led in most 3 and outs, our safeties suck yet had three in top six in tackles, Marshall and Davis led in tackles...neither had a sack or tackle for loss ( and they blitzed a lot ), most of Marshall and Davis tackles were 5+ yds downfield.My point and has been from the start, is the DL and the LBs need to make more plays at line of scrimmage or minimal gain. All year tackles were happening 5+ yds down field with that front 7.
I beg to differ on my sack total for Marshall and Davis. 3 and 1 respectively. PS. The 0-16 Brown's had two Lbs with 160+ and 135 ish tackles.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judging a defense's effectiveness by number of tackles is a poor argument. If your team is leading the league in tackles, it also likely means your defense isn't doing much to actually stop opposing offenses.

It's rather simple: the more offensive plays a defense has to face, the more tackles they are going to have to make. Giants led the league in tackles. They also allowed over 373 yards per game (ranked 31st) and 24.3 points per game (ranked 27th).

So, yes, there's a perfectly valid reason your "31st in tackles" argument went ignored...... Keep digging....