• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M’s won’t sign lease with Safeco unless public funds 180mil

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck em'. Maybe we can get rid of the whole shit load of them if they don't renew their lease. Talk about a bunch of shit. All the money those turds make off the fans and they don't want to pay the maintenance? Maybe they'll move their asses to Portland before Oakland gets the chance to. I've about had it with the organization anyway. Worse record for playoffs in ALL professional sports.:doh:

:trash: :trash::trash::trash::trash::trash:
:kissass::kissass::kissass::kissass:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017-10-11_19-40-01.jpg

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind you the SoDo arena group was PRIVATELY FUNDED. The M’s did everything in their power to block that move. Now, they have the audacity to pull a threat to not sign a lease that they agreed to unless the public funds 180mil? Tickets, concessions, ball park parkings should be enough to fund whatever they needed. Just plain greedy. You’ve got to be shitting me.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owner was on during one of the games a couple weeks back explaining his position and it doesn't sound as bad as one might think. He mentioned all the expenses he was responsible for in the upkeep and it was huge. If I was a lessee, I would negotiate it as well. The money that would pay for it (I didn't read the article so not sure if they mentioned it) would come from current taxes on hotels and other tourist paid taxes which as he said most tourist come in for the games.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owner was on during one of the games a couple weeks back explaining his position and it doesn't sound as bad as one might think. He mentioned all the expenses he was responsible for in the upkeep and it was huge. If I was a lessee, I would negotiate it as well. The money that would pay for it (I didn't read the article so not sure if they mentioned it) would come from current taxes on hotels and other tourist paid taxes which as he said most tourist come in for the games.

I haven't done much research on this, but the article above made it sound like some of the hotel tax money is supposed to go to the Mariners to be used for stadium upkeep and the city council is trying to re-appropriate that money to something else. In that case I can understand the Mariners being upset and trying to get the money that is entitled to them. But as others have said, it looks really bad when you also consider how the M's acted with the whole Hansen arena situation.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done much research on this, but the article above made it sound like some of the hotel tax money is supposed to go to the Mariners to be used for stadium upkeep and the city council is trying to re-appropriate that money to something else. In that case I can understand the Mariners being upset and trying to get the money that is entitled to them. But as others have said, it looks really bad when you also consider how the M's acted with the whole Hansen arena situation.

Again, I don't read the article but that sounds right per what Stanton said during a Mariners game. If that is what is suppose to happen, then they deserve the money. Thanks, I really didn't want to read it if I didn't have to. :)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subscribe | The Seattle Times

https://www.google.com/amp/mynorthw...ayers-before-renewing-safeco-field-lease/amp/

Seriously? What the fuck is wrong with this organization? More reason to hate them.

1st they refused to share the SoDo district with Hansen and his group to build an arena there and now this bullshit.

It appears quite clear what their priorities are and it’s not winning ball games, but pulling stunts like this

I actually agree with the Mariners if this is what they truly are saying. That tax was there for Safeco Field, then they let the Seahawks in on it, it is for sports or entertainment not for the council to do what they do and waste money with zero success.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subscribe | The Seattle Times

https://www.google.com/amp/mynorthw...ayers-before-renewing-safeco-field-lease/amp/

Seriously? What the fuck is wrong with this organization? More reason to hate them.

1st they refused to share the SoDo district with Hansen and his group to build an arena there and now this bullshit.

It appears quite clear what their priorities are and it’s not winning ball games, but pulling stunts like this

as soon as the city or county council gets involved...that was the end...of the sonics...20 years later..and counting

other citys get it worked out...seattle..nooooo

are they really that ..good..who votes for them

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

leave it to a council..and our entertainment..will be watching.... cows..........

and once again take seattle ........off the map

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ..duders..im staying with what im good at( posting on sports).kind of.......(and stay out of the politics) cuz..

man ..........that sure makes you want to vent.............aaahhh.....lololol

problem is....... politics in those places are not much better...unfortunatly

Fuck em'. Maybe we can get rid of the whole shit load of them if they don't renew their lease. Talk about a bunch of shit. All the money those turds make off the fans and they don't want to pay the maintenance? Maybe they'll move their asses to Portland before Oakland gets the chance to. I've about had it with the organization anyway. Worse record for playoffs in ALL professional sports.:doh:

:trash: :trash::trash::trash::trash::trash:
:kissass::kissass::kissass::kissass:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oakland can't get any money to keep the raiders...either
and i alway's thought about a ......national league team in portland...to go along with an AL team .. the mariners ..in seattle

if they cant get this worked out ...........might just give up on it altogether

0-2..with one to go.......... is not a good outlook

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then...when there is only one left ...what will they take from them to make them leave...and then the next buisness
and then the next one ..and .. then...so on and so on........yeah.....i need glasses...and they need cleaning

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the info is accurate about the city trying to pull the funds to fund other uses (probably funds for the homeless situation) then I can KIND OF understand the M's fighting it, but I still don't like the M's attitude in general with the road blocks they threw up for Hansen etc. Not sure why Seattle would be paying for some of the upkeep at Safeco in the first place. The M's probably bring in a ton of money over and above player's salaries. Wonder how much Dipstick and Scotty get paid with their bonuses etc.?

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
long ago that tax was put there for the reason of aiding the sports teams..if you dont have a team...you just dont have one
your homeless ..dont go away then..then you have homeless and no team..does not make sense

why do they not use there own money

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jobs and education..would do more solve the homeless ..a lot of homeless are drug addicts and alcohalics....not all
its true
but try solving that prob before...the homeless and in that case try....education ..then jobs..this makes sense

instead of ..blaming the mariners for the problems... of there own failures

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mariners are ...NOT..NOT ..NOT..a.none profit...organization.............im sure donations to help the homeless cause would help..at least some

stop blaming the mariners for society"s problems..and throwing them under the bus

Last edited:

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jobs and education..would do more solve the homeless ..a lot of homeless are drug addicts and alcohalics....not all
its true
but try solving that prob before...the homeless and in that case try....education ..then jobs..this makes sense

instead of ..blaming the mariners for the problems... of there own failures

Not clear what you are getting at here but I, by no means, was implying any kind of connection between the Mariners not wanting to fund maintenance costs with the homeless issue. I was just suggesting the city might want to skim off the taxes to address the homeless issue costs.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heard that interview as well......
And agree that his demands aren't that harsh,
But to me I thought timing was wrong, yeah at the time of the interview they were winning A's weren't on their heels ( like now) I would've waited until say October, let the season play out, team makes the playoffs then you go public about it.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aaaahhh ...sorry duders.....but look at it this way...instead of....homeless...insert any problem...the council has

they will try to solve the problem the same way..............no dice....baby....know what i mean