• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lucic

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 goals & 5 assists last 28 games. And that includes time playing with McJesus.
He is signed for 5 more years @ 6m cap hit per year.
Oilers are so cap-screwed

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal. In hindsight as much as I wanted LA to keep him not only for what type of player he was but also because of the assets used on him, it's a good thing he spurned LA's offer.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi probably offered too much $$ and/or term too. But Edmonton was more desperate. I give Lombardi some credit on this one for not breaking the bank on a player he clearly gave up a lot of assets for only 1 year earlier.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumbo offered 8 years/$34 million ($4.25 million). The cap hit wouldn't have been bad but that term would have been brutal. He went with the Oilers' 7 year/$42 million offer for obvious reasons and already in only year 2 he is looking like he is about to wash up. In real cash ($8 million) he is the second highest paid player behind Draisaitl ($9 million), looking at their cash is mind boggling considering McJesus will be making $15 million in cash next season.

I too agree with the no sign, especially considering the large contracts of Quick, Brown, Gaborik and Carter at the time still nowhere close to expiring and Kopitar just starting his 8 year/$80 million deal.

At least Blake was able to flip Gaborik into a T4 defender, the more long term/high dollar contracts on the books the less the flexibility. Having Lucic even at $4.25 million would have been a nightmare.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all wanted Lucic but we all were glad when we saw the $$ that he left. As Puck always points out those types of guys have a shelf life, it could be a one off year...but playing with Mcjesus an not doing anything is quite alarming

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the alarming part, he is playing with arguably the best offensive player in the league and STILL isn't putting anything up. They are screwed come next season when McJesus' new contract kicks in between Lucic, McJesus and Draisaitl alone.

And yes, power forwards crash and burn rapidly compared to most NHL forwards because of the damage to the body from that style of play. While one guy will reach a diminished plateau around 35-36 they tend to be done around 32-33.

Of course there are one off guys who survive somehow but those aren't the norm.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was suppose to be the "far superior" player over Maroon,who played great with McDavid.
Royal fuck up on that one.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, I am not sue how they are going to handle that this off season. His contract is almost untradeable and his play is going downhill fast. Not what they envisioned I'm sure only 2 years into the deal.

Tough spot to be in for the Oilers but they are the ones who issued the contract. Best case scenario would be a lockout and another no penalty buyout like they did last time for Chiarelli because he is beyond screwed with all the big dollar deals on his roster.