• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lost in Space (reboot)

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else watch this new series?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone else watch this new series?
Yep.

It's a slow start and takes a while to get in but I like the way it ended.

The first two episodes were written by a group that got fired and replaced so it's messy at first.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

It's a slow start and takes a while to get in but I like the way it ended.

The first two episodes were written by a group that got fired and replaced so it's messy at first.

I watched #3 last night. I'll try to finish it up this weekend.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching this show on Sundays as the “family night show” and just finished it last night.

I thought it was good enough. Smith was too over-the-top and one-dimensional. The one daughter (the one not adopted) was too snarky. I am ok with comic relief, but when a character is only there for teen angst and comic relief, she gets the eye rolls every time she appears.

The adopted daughter was a bit too Mary Sue.

Overall, though, I am looking forward to S2.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I watched what was available on Netflix as of a couple of months ago and liked it, not great but entertaining and it kept us coming back for more.
I like Parker Posey as an actress, but her character is too limited IMHO. The big question is, does anybody else remember her from "The House Of Yes"?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw season two is coming on the 24th. Completely forgot about this show. Will check it out, remember liking it once it settled into itself.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw season two is coming on the 24th. Completely forgot about this show. Will check it out, remember liking it once it settled into itself.
I like a second season is coming out because I thought the show ended really well and setup for an interesting 2nd chapter. I'll give the first season a pass because they basically fired the production staff and brought in a new team to salvage the series. The more you watch the better it got so if that continues the 2nd season has promise.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a second season is coming out because I thought the show ended really well and setup for an interesting 2nd chapter. I'll give the first season a pass because they basically fired the production staff and brought in a new team to salvage the series. The more you watch the better it got so if that continues the 2nd season has promise.
I’m gonna have to go back and rewatch the last couple episodes, all I really remember about it is thinking I hope it comes back for another season when it wrapped up.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coincidentally, I've been watching the original series recently. The video above must be from the 1st season, which was b&w. I'm almost through those; the rest of the seasons are color. The episode I watched the other day featured Royal Dano as a somewhat aloof alien leader - miscast of comical proportion.
so i too happened upon an old episode from the original b&w season 1 this weekend (the space trader). not sure i have the wherewithal to watch them all like you though. how they didnt just kill the original dr smith within the first couple of episodes is beyond me. were they stuck on the planet in the original series? because you would think at least one of the many aliens that visited the planet could help them get home, no?

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i too happened upon an old episode from the original b&w season 1 this weekend (the space trader). not sure i have the wherewithal to watch them all like you though. how they didnt just kill the original dr smith within the first couple of episodes is beyond me. were they stuck on the planet in the original series? because you would think at least one of the many aliens that visited the planet could help them get home, no?
The show started off a lot like Gilligan's Island in the 1st season. Frequent guest stars, but they never got to leave. LiS did change though, they got off the planet for a new one in season 2. Then in the last season they were planet hopping every week.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reboot of a classic television series. The original was way better.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S3 just dropped today. I wasn’t expecting that.

5 minutes in and you are reminded why you don’t do big project shows staring kids. Will went from 5th grader to beer-swilling 20-something in a matter of in-show weeks. He doesn’t look anything like he did in S2.

Edit: OK, approx 1 year in-show…