• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings @ San Jose Sharks, 1/21 7:30 PM, NBCSN

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok not that Brown has great but in this game when he had the puck at center ice he has been skating it in. The problem is he just skates in circles or take an easy to save shot. It is like he thinks he had to do it all on his own. He doesn't trust his line mates.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positive from the game
The kings didn't score on Quick for once
They scored a power play goal. Yeah it was 6-4

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's apparent the Kings are missing the youth/speed of Pearson and Toffoli

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings can never score in January.
This is a little worse.
The last 3 years Willie Mitchell was the best PK player in the league. Kings PK this year has dropped more than any other team's PK percentage.
I know it isn't the only problem but it is a one.
Kings need Carter and Gaborik to get going. Kopitar seems to have turned a corner.
Yes I am whinnying. Bitch slap me later

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards actually doesnt have NMC. It was waved when he was traded here.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obvious last season Richards should have been bought out. It was the perfect situation to be able to do so, I don't know why so many wanted to keep him but the ship has sailed now and all we can do is hope they figure something out fast.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richards has a No Movement Clause.

Rumored, not confirmed.

The acquiring team has the right to not honor an NMC/NTC when they make a move for a player. I never have read anything saying the Kings 100% sure honored the NMC dished out in the original contract by the Flyers, just that one existed when the Kings acquired him.

I can't get Cap Geek up at all, but as I recall Brown was the only one who has a partial NTC on the new contract. I don't think Kopitar and Doughty even have them.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obvious last season Richards should have been bought out. It was the perfect situation to be able to do so, I don't know why so many wanted to keep him but the ship has sailed now and all we can do is hope they figure something out fast.

I was one of those guys on board and that was based on who he is, a proven winner who plays big in big games. And he has for LA many times over, being a huge part of the first Cup win and making some big plays and scoring some big goals (at a lesser clip) during the run to the second.

I think that kind of performance definitely merits giving him an extra long leash, but now it has been proven that he should have been bought out. He did what was asked of him last summer, but the results simply have not been there.

As you said, not much the Kings can do now except find a taker for him. They will be able to buy him out in June during the Buy Out Period but this time it will count against the cap.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not disagree with the assessment of Richards, but much like Brown all I saw last year/this year is "it" isn't there anymore