• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Los Angeles Kings @ Pittsburgh Penguins, 3/27 4:00 PM

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're actually out in Sun City West (next to Surprise) and we're here until Wednesday the 2nd. Pretty busy until then with scheduled stuff with our friend we're visiting. Probably golf Tuesday morning and will have a few hours after the round to hang with a fellow Kings fan if we can set up a meeting place.

Ox

If you can give me a time that is best and a place, I will try to work around my schedule to meet up with you. The only other person that I have ever met face to face from the original ESPN board was pezpuck.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT win!!
Killed off 7 short handed situations vs best power play
(We got 3 power plays total, only 1 in last 33 minutes)
Way to go, boys!!!

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it was an exciting game. Wish I could have watched it. Instead I was stuck watching the Yotes eke out a win in the shootout over the Devils.

Ox

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can give me a time that is best and a place, I will try to work around my schedule to meet up with you. The only other person that I have ever met face to face from the original ESPN board was pezpuck.

OK Howdy. Not sure about the time and I don't know of any convenient meeting places. The only place I can think of is Margaritaville by Jobing dot com Arena in Glendale. Don't know where you'll be and how convenient that is to you. The time is up in the air because I don't have a scheduled tee time. Can't get one as a single so I just go out early and try to hook up with a group of 2 or 3. Sometimes I get right out and I'm done by 11:30am other times I have to wait for an hour or so so it's as late as 1:00pm getting done.

Ox

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Howdy. Not sure about the time and I don't know of any convenient meeting places. The only place I can think of is Margaritaville by Jobing dot com Arena in Glendale. Don't know where you'll be and how convenient that is to you. The time is up in the air because I don't have a scheduled tee time. Can't get one as a single so I just go out early and try to hook up with a group of 2 or 3. Sometimes I get right out and I'm done by 11:30am other times I have to wait for an hour or so so it's as late as 1:00pm getting done.

Ox

That's not too far from where I will be. I can hit the 101 to get there. Just let me know the time. Late afternoon would be better.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not too far from where I will be. I can hit the 101 to get there. Just let me know the time. Late afternoon would be better.

Can't make it too late though. We have a dinner reservation at 4:30pm at a small Mexican restaurant in Surprise called Las Consuelas. It's our friend's favorite place for Mexican food and you need to get in early to ensure you get a table. $1 Margaritas on Tuesdays. How does 2:00 sound? That give me a chance to get back to Sun City West in time to make it to dinner on time. I know that's not very late afternoon but it's a close as I want to chance it. I wouldn't want to get in the dog house with the wife. This friend was the Maid of Honor at our wedding and the two women are very close.

Ox

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't make it too late though. We have a dinner reservation at 4:30pm at a small Mexican restaurant in Surprise called Las Consuelas. It's our friend's favorite place for Mexican food and you need to get in early to ensure you get a table. $1 Margaritas on Tuesdays. How does 2:00 sound? That give me a chance to get back to Sun City West in time to make it to dinner on time. I know that's not very late afternoon but it's a close as I want to chance it. I wouldn't want to get in the dog house with the wife. This friend was the Maid of Honor at our wedding and the two women are very close.

Ox

2 pm on Tuesday or Monday. Tuesday should be really good.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
On the goal that was disallowed...Seems to me we finally caught a break. I personally think that goal should have counted. Doughty was crosschecking the penguin player into Jones. I'm glad we finally got a call that went our way!!!! Good game Kings!

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the goal that was disallowed...Seems to me we finally caught a break. I personally think that goal should have counted. Doughty was crosschecking the penguin player into Jones. I'm glad we finally got a call that went our way!!!! Good game Kings!

I could buy that if Doughty was the one that was causing the contact between Sutter and Jones, but Sutter's stick pushing Jones' pad was clearly independent of anything Doughty might have done to him.

I thought they were actually reviewing to see if the puck crossed the line before Sutter interfered with Jones...then I would've expected them to allow the goal.

On a related note, why do the teams let people who don't know the rules of the game announce them? Bob Errey must've asked three times if goalie interference was reviewable...and Steigerwald could not let go of the "vicious" cross-check by Doughty. I get sick of CenterIce only showing one feed for the Kings games...I mean, they had both for the Hurricanes-Panthers game, ffs...

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could buy that if Doughty was the one that was causing the contact between Sutter and Jones, but Sutter's stick pushing Jones' pad was clearly independent of anything Doughty might have done to him.

I thought they were actually reviewing to see if the puck crossed the line before Sutter interfered with Jones...then I would've expected them to allow the goal.

On a related note, why do the teams let people who don't know the rules of the game announce them? Bob Errey must've asked three times if goalie interference was reviewable...and Steigerwald could not let go of the "vicious" cross-check by Doughty. I get sick of CenterIce only showing one feed for the Kings games...I mean, they had both for the Hurricanes-Panthers game, ffs...

On Thiursdays, I am in Laguna Beach with no radio reception, so I listen to SiriusXm. Most of the time I get the other team's radio feed. It can,at times, be an education on why some fans have the views they have . Pens radio guys were ok. The color guy was worried that with all the calls the Pens were getting that the refs would be looking to even the calls up. I was not listening during the no goal call so I dont know what they said . I like that the LA guys try to give the refs point of view most of the time. It helps explain away the pain. I like that Fox after a game will call Toronto and get the reason something was called.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Thiursdays, I am in Laguna Beach with no radio reception, so I listen to SiriusXm. Most of the time I get the other team's radio feed. It can,at times, be an education on why some fans have the views they have . Pens radio guys were ok. The color guy was worried that with all the calls the Pens were getting that the refs would be looking to even the calls up. I was not listening during the no goal call so I dont know what they said . I like that the LA guys try to give the refs point of view most of the time. It helps explain away the pain. I like that Fox after a game will call Toronto and get the reason something was called.

I get homer announcers...in some cases (Hayward/Ahlers, the guys in Philly, f'rinstance), the team's mgmt. holds their job status over their heads. What I don't get is lack of knowledge or outright lying to the audience.

Fox is great...easily the best color guy in the sport. He should be the one doing the Pierre McGuire gig on national TV. My only issue with him is that I'm hoping for a LITTLE homerism from him at times (like that game in Detroit)...