• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Los Angeles Dodgers @ Man Diego Padres

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullpen looks ready for the playoffs!

beefman138

I like cheese
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have Bolsinger back on the hill today - why he was ever relegated to the Minors is beyond me.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to have Bolsinger back on the hill today - why he was ever relegated to the Minors is beyond me.
There were reasons to think that the Dodgers could've potentially gotten more out of Latos. He's had the potential to be better than Bolsinger, but yea, didn't work out as hoped. I'm also relieved to see Bolsinger back in the rotation.

I look at Latos a see a guy who can be "fixed" but I seriously doubt that being possible this time of the year. Maybe some other team will give him 3 years and 30 million bucks this winter and he'll be who everyone thought he could be. I'd be really surprised if that were the Dodgers.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're now Mr. WHYDMFL.

The inconsistency with the bullpen is incredible. You have no idea what 'pen is going to show up.

I thought that call at second base was complete horseshit. The league needs to respond to that inventing his own rules. He literally revolted against 150 years of baseball.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inconsistency with the bullpen is incredible. You have no idea what 'pen is going to show up.

Still got the best SIERA and strikeout-walk differential in baseball, though. Having the best K% and 2nd worst BABIP in NL point to things being better than they might seem on a day-in-day-out basis. That BABIP is very likely to come down some more before the season is out.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So close to 7 1/2 games up.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still got the best SIERA and strikeout-walk differential in baseball, though. Having the best K% and 2nd worst BABIP in NL point to things being better than they might seem on a day-in-day-out basis. That BABIP is very likely to come down some more before the season is out.

Again those stats that you swear by are nice, but the results don't show that our bullpen is very good, you seem to always ignore the "actual" numbers and facts that most others see. Again your almighty strikeout preference doesn't mean that much if they are also getting tagged for HR's consistently!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that call at second base was complete horseshit. The league needs to respond to that inventing his own rules. He literally revolted against 150 years of baseball.

I agree, how can the "in the neighborhood" call be different two nights in a row, yet they both didn't go our way, total BS!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford's running well and looks solid, looks like his normal self. He has played well in his career as a Dodger, that goes for the postseason too. Nice to have him in top form for the stretch and the postseason.

I agree, how can the "in the neighborhood" call be different two nights in a row, yet they both didn't go our way, total BS!

Yeah, I know the Giants had a lot of complaints with the Ump but that's the way it goes sometimes. One of the big issues was a called strike on the outer part of the plate for the Dodgers, but Jake Peavy was consistently getting that ball for a strike the previous game. The replays went the Dodgers way 2 times but I agreed with Umps both times not because they favored my team. The first replay, I believe was a play where Gonzalez stretched out at first on a groundball. That one was too close to call and replay was inconclusive so they stuck with the call on the field. The second was where Posey got picked off, that one I felt you could clearly see his hand off the base when he was tagged.

They're playing without Pence but we were without Puig, Kendrick, it's not like we had our best lineups out there either. We played Peraza against them who did well and didn't seem nervous at all.

I think it all evens out in the end, the Giants just didn't win this time. Bumgarner has an inability to admit when he messed up as well so I guess I shouldn't blame them.

Last edited:

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really proud of how much better the Dodgers have been on the bases. Maybe Roenike was all it took? I'm not someone that thinks you can't win without stolen bases, but they absolutely help and add value if done properly.

When the playoffs are here, it'll take every advantage to beat the tougher teams. I'd love to see baserunning (in general, not just stolen bases) become a strength. Talking about going first-to-third and things like that.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm really happy for Alex Wood. He pitched late into the game and hopefully he can have a strong September. I am pretty optimistic about him, even if he doesn't end up doing much for the rest of the season or playoffs. With four more years of team control and the fact that he is so young, he has potential to be a really nice guy at the back-end of the rotation.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need Wood to pitch like he did last night. Overall, the team is playing better and Seger is doing well as is Chase Utley. I agree that the BP is terribly unpredictable, other than Jansen. That has to change come playoff time.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers stacking up the lefties, Padres stacking up the righties.

Seager starting at third as Utley gets the day off. Ellis starting against RHP because it's a day game following a night game.

I'd rather see Utley at 2B, Barnes behind the plate, and Turner on the bench with Ellis, but it is what it is. Ellis has been fairly decent this year, especially since the end of May. I know Utley has been getting a lot of starts and he's old and fragile so he needs protecting, but man Turner has been playing a lot and his bat has been cooling down. Turner would do well with a breather, IMO.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MmTwBBZ.png

Anderson has never given up a hit to this roster, lol.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers stacking up the lefties, Padres stacking up the righties.

Seager starting at third as Utley gets the day off. Ellis starting against RHP because it's a day game following a night game.

I'd rather see Utley at 2B, Barnes behind the plate, and Turner on the bench with Ellis, but it is what it is. Ellis has been fairly decent this year, especially since the end of May. I know Utley has been getting a lot of starts and he's old and fragile so he needs protecting, but man Turner has been playing a lot and his bat has been cooling down. Turner would do well with a breather, IMO.

Those Lefties are going to come in handy if we get the Mets first round. I agree about Turner, wouldn't mind seeing more Seager/Peraza. Seager clearly has the arm for 3rd base, and Gonzalez is a black hole at 1st so that makes it easier for the rest of the infield.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And No Jim Johnson :nono: