• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead without the glasses on

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am myopic. That means I am short sighted. This sucked when I played sports. I had to wear contacts (in an era that didn't have soft lenses) or sports goggles (which had just been invented and really weren't any more comfortable than contacts). One day while feeling completely sorry for myself at a goalie camp one of the visiting instructors (I am not sure if this was Dan Bouchard or Jim Rutherford...they were at several camps one Summer) pointed out that because I don't see the same as the other goalies, I don't take what I see for granted. What does that mean for a goalie? Well, if your Dominik Hasek it makes you amazing. If your me, not so much.

What does that have to do with the Flyers moving into the Expansion Draft, the Entry Draft and Free agency? Well...it's simple. I don't take what is in front of me for granted. Think about it, this team traded Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. In retrospect, that seems to have worked for the organization. Didn't work for the Blue Jackets for whom it looked to be a solid deal. So what does my myopic view of the world tell me...

Hextall is smiling. He is cracking that big shit-eater that he only brings out for special occasions. This is beyond being in the cat-bird seat.

As I type this the Flyers hold the 2nd pick in the Entry draft. No one could predict that.

They have a solid group of young players (Koneckny, Ghost, Weal, Cousins) who have shown they can play long term in the league. They have players like Morin, Hagg and Vecchione who have shown just enough to make us want to see more.

They have the opportunity to shed a contract (Raffl, Weiss, MacDonald) by simply putting their name on a list and letting Vegas take him. Worst case scenario...they don't loose any of these contracts but they still free up the slot on the 50 pro contract list.

Yeah, I can't see far into the future...and I know what I am looking at might not be as cloudy as it appears, but it all looks good from here.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am myopic. That means I am short sighted. This sucked when I played sports. I had to wear contacts (in an era that didn't have soft lenses) or sports goggles (which had just been invented and really weren't any more comfortable than contacts). One day while feeling completely sorry for myself at a goalie camp one of the visiting instructors (I am not sure if this was Dan Bouchard or Jim Rutherford...they were at several camps one Summer) pointed out that because I don't see the same as the other goalies, I don't take what I see for granted. What does that mean for a goalie? Well, if your Dominik Hasek it makes you amazing. If your me, not so much.

What does that have to do with the Flyers moving into the Expansion Draft, the Entry Draft and Free agency? Well...it's simple. I don't take what is in front of me for granted. Think about it, this team traded Mike Richards and Jeff Carter. In retrospect, that seems to have worked for the organization. Didn't work for the Blue Jackets for whom it looked to be a solid deal. So what does my myopic view of the world tell me...

Hextall is smiling. He is cracking that big shit-eater that he only brings out for special occasions. This is beyond being in the cat-bird seat.

As I type this the Flyers hold the 2nd pick in the Entry draft. No one could predict that.

They have a solid group of young players (Koneckny, Ghost, Weal, Cousins) who have shown they can play long term in the league. They have players like Morin, Hagg and Vecchione who have shown just enough to make us want to see more.

They have the opportunity to shed a contract (Raffl, Weiss, MacDonald) by simply putting their name on a list and letting Vegas take him. Worst case scenario...they don't loose any of these contracts but they still free up the slot on the 50 pro contract list.

Yeah, I can't see far into the future...and I know what I am looking at might not be as cloudy as it appears, but it all looks good from here.
I can't believe that they received #2...when they were supposed to be #1 they received #2 in typical fashion but to have this kind of luck...wow! This will definitely help finding another scorer...

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Yam

The pats fans are like cats and your the mouse....as long as you move they won't stop.
Every time they quote you and you reply, they keep pawing at you. There's is no win with them, they will continue to diss you until the end of time. Even if you're right, they believe they know the only way.
Just walk away from them and ignored them or they won't ever quit.

Handi, he gets a target and won't let up. Hoping you do crack. What he is trying to accomplish on the internet with that, who knows. The elevator doesn't go to the top floor with that one.
Again walk away, he'll say you are the alt of a former poster forever.
He did break a few people and they went off the deep end.

Anyway, welcome to the Hoop.

Reactions: Yam

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Yam

The pats fans are like cats and your the mouse....as long as you move they won't stop.
Every time they quote you and you reply, they keep pawing at you. There's is no win with them, they will continue to diss you until the end of time. Even if you're right, they believe they know the only way.
Just walk away from them and ignored them or they won't ever quit.

Handi, he gets a target and won't let up. Hoping you do crack. What he is trying to accomplish on the internet with that, who knows. The elevator doesn't go to the top floor with that one.
Again walk away, he'll say you are the alt of a former poster forever.
He did break a few people and they went off the deep end.

Anyway, welcome to the Hoop.
Well in my case, I did have another profile. Yambag. It got banned rightfully so, then people on another board messaged me with "is this you" messages with links here and "yambag" making posts (mostly in politics threads).

It wasn't me, so I'm guessing an admin too my profile over.

But if he just accuses people of alts for no reason at all, that's crazier than I imagined.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well in my case, I did have another profile. Yambag. It got banned rightfully so, then people on another board messaged me with "is this you" messages with links here and "yambag" making posts (mostly in politics threads).

It wasn't me, so I'm guessing an admin too my profile over.

But if he just accuses people of alts for no reason at all, that's crazier than I imagined.

It probably was a mod or admin screwing with it and they let you back in......
This place has done some douche Shit over the last few owners.
But yes, handi is that out there........
His shtick is predictable and repetitive. There's really no way to describe his goofy Shit.

:lol:

Yam

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably was a mod or admin screwing with it and they let you back in......
This place has done some douche Shit over the last few owners.
But yes, handi is that out there........
His shtick is predictable and repetitive. There's really no way to describe his goofy Shit.

:lol:

Oh I still don't have access to that profile. If I do "forgot password" I don't get the password, so obviously they changed the email it's attached to.

It's funny how those few guys just go crazy then believe their own shit.