• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Longhorn Steakhouse chain...

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have two of these here. One I have been to twice and will never walk in to again. When we lived in Atlanta we had one that was excellent and when talking about it with a co-worker he told me to try the second one. The second one has been excellent the three times I have been there.

Unfortunately when I go to a chain it is because I have had a good meal at one before and expect consistency across the chain.

LOgan is another where I had a good meal once but have been unable to duplicate it at other stores. Longhorn, just like Logan's it is hit and miss from one restaurant to another so I will go to this one Longhorn but not likely to try any others.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went on Saturday.... I just felt like having a cheeseburger... I wasn't sure how they prepared their beef (chain restaurant and all), so instead of medium rare, I ordered it medium. It came well-done.

I don't know how people can eat a well done burger. And their fries sucked too...

Even though their calamari was awesome, I will never go back.

Who serves a well-done burger??
I very rarely order a steak when eating out. I would also get the hamburger instead. The only exception to this rule is generally when I'm traveling on the road. Otherwise, if I want a steak, I'll buy it myself and take it home and grill it for a fraction of the cost, knowing damn good and well the meat is high quality and that it will be cooked properly.

Lots of people are this way, provided they can cook a good steak.

It might sound strange but I always order my steak by telling the waitress when they ask how’d ya like your steak! I tell them 125 with a reverse sear. I ordered it like that at Longhorn and it came out perfect.