• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

local breweries

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do any of you have breweries that only distribute to a small area? I know there is Yuengling, they stay toward t he east coast. But here in Wisconsin we have a brewery called New Glarus and they only distribute in Wisconsin. Are there any places like that in your area?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you have breweries that only distribute to a small area? I know there is Yuengling, they stay toward t he east coast. But here in Wisconsin we have a brewery called New Glarus and they only distribute in Wisconsin. Are there any places like that in your area?

Voodoo Brewery in Meadville, PA, only distributes to western Pennsylvania as far as I know. It's a shame, too, because their beer is excellent.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brewery I work at (La Cumbre) only distributes in New Mexico (for now). Another big gun here is a brewpub that doesn't distribute outside of their restaurant and taproom (great beer; Chama River).

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeping Radish just north of the Outer Bank in NC, they distribute to SE Virginia, and i'm not sure how much of NC, probably just the eastern seaboard, but they have got some fine brews, especially Black Radish

Black Radish (Schwarzbier) is a medium bodied, dark German lager style beer. Clean lager character with an aftertaste that tends to dry out slowly and linger, featuring hop bitterness with a complementary but subtle roastiness in the background. Black Radish is listed as "one of the 50 beers to try before you die."

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few..but I am not exactly sure where the distribution ring ends. Devil's Backbone Brewery has just started distrubiting locally..not sure about the rest of VA (757).

Hey Crow...Send me some Moon Man...Man!

A co-workers' brother lives in Wisky and brought New Glarus stuff back with him last year. Gave me a few of the Moon Man and a few of Brown Ale's as well. That is a great APA. I don't think a clone exists. The owner must be very, very tight lipped about the hop schedule.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Connor Brewing in Norfolk has some very good brews, they are a very young company, and as far as i know at this point are only available in the 757