• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many teams unable to find an elite quarterback I'm not sure where your confidence comes from.

All I said was "could". It "could" be easier than that or it "could" be a decade or more. The uncertainty makes my taint hurt.

It's rare to find the Dak Prescotts, Russell Wilsons and Kurt Cousins...impact starter level QBs after the 1st round. As much as I think it could hurt in the short run if they don't draft well late, you still have to applaud KC's effort to go get their QB of the future while they still have a decent cast around him....Mahomme is not playing with bottom feeder talent.

If PIT can do something similar...I think we're going to start seeing some transition on the OL when Ben is done...I think '18 will be Foster's last yr with Finney maybe the LG of the future, and I expect Gilbert will be next with Hawkins likely to move to the RT spot.

The OFC weapons should still be strong.

I still think the range will be 7-9 to 9-7 for a few years. If it dips lowers than 7-9, that's a top 15 pick most years.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's rare to find the Dak Prescotts, Russell Wilsons and Kurt Cousins...impact starter level QBs after the 1st round. As much as I think it could hurt in the short run if they don't draft well late, you still have to applaud KC's effort to go get their QB of the future while they still have a decent cast around him....Mahomme is not playing with bottom feeder talent.

If PIT can do something similar...I think we're going to start seeing some transition on the OL when Ben is done...I think '18 will be Foster's last yr with Finney maybe the LG of the future, and I expect Gilbert will be next with Hawkins likely to move to the RT spot.

The OFC weapons should still be strong.

I still think the range will be 7-9 to 9-7 for a few years. If it dips lowers than 7-9, that's a top 15 pick most years.
Don't forget that Pouncey has been very vocal about calling it a career once Ben retires. I don't know if he'll stick to that proclamation or not, but he has said it more than once so I have to assume its got some weight. Originally I was just thinking he was using that as a statement to Ben rather than himself, in that he wanted Ben to return. But after the 2nd time I heard it I started to think differently.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Pouncey has been very vocal about calling it a career once Ben retires. I don't know if he'll stick to that proclamation or not, but he has said it more than once so I have to assume its got some weight. Originally I was just thinking he was using that as a statement to Ben rather than himself, in that he wanted Ben to return. But after the 2nd time I heard it I started to think differently.

Pouncey's contract runs thru the '19 season as does Ben's.

He'll only be 29, but seems like he's been around forever and a day. I can see him retiring if Ben hangs it up after next season...at the same time I can see him re upping for another 2-3 yrs....don't expect it.

They have been doing a great job with coach Munch getting this depth ready to play...I think the transition at LG and RT will be fairly smooth, but a major upheaval all at once, might not be.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey's contract runs thru the '19 season as does Ben's.

He'll only be 29, but seems like he's been around forever and a day. I can see him retiring if Ben hangs it up after next season...at the same time I can see him re upping for another 2-3 yrs....don't expect it.

They have been doing a great job with coach Munch getting this depth ready to play...I think the transition at LG and RT will be fairly smooth, but a major upheaval all at once, might not be.
Good points.

Side note... Curious to see how Feiler & Hawkins handle the backup duties once Hubbard gets inked elsewhere. We've seen both in limited action but not sure what to think of them yet. Hubbard was a godsend filling in at EVERY position along the O-line. Hopefully he won't be sorely missed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points.

Side note... Curious to see how Feiler & Hawkins handle the backup duties once Hubbard gets inked elsewhere. We've seen both in limited action but not sure what to think of them yet. Hubbard was a godsend filling in at EVERY position along the O-line. Hopefully he won't be sorely missed.

Hubbard has earned it...really hope he cashes in....he's starter material.

Feiler/Hawkins...Good point as well...I think they have a lot of confidence in Munch...I think both will have some growing pains if pressed into long term duty, but for a game or two they will be good to go.

O

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...sounds like someone was threatened with having their rights traded to Cleveland....
Yea its interesting how the entire tone of this situation has changed. IDK what to attribute that to yet. Is Bell just simply playing ball? Are the contract talks starting before the tag? Both sides seem a lot more intent on getting this done as quickly as possible. Maybe the fact that Bell more than proved his worth last season might have shifted the FO's mentality. But so far it seems like Rapaport's "report" about the Steelers intending to use the tag was nothing more than his usual bullshit. Tag is still in play though, but everything so far seems like the deal is going to get done without the drama over the tag.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You sure these aren't from last year????

Kind of sounds like the same Shit he spewed then too.......

I guess we'll have to wait for his new crap song to see what he's going to do.

:lol:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Le’Veon Bell: Certain guys weren’t ready to play against Jaguars

This guy is a cancer.... He's definitely a rare talent, but he comes with a lot of baggage.
I agree on the baggage, but these statements aren't cancerous IMO. If Ben had said it then people would be calling it leadership. Bell stated the obvious. Half the team looked half-assed until it was too late. I'm glad he's throwing shade because the team needs to wake the f*ck up. But it is still ironic coming from Bell.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp... Getting down to crunch time. Just 2 more days was the goal that Rooney & Colbert set to get the deal done for Bell. We should see some moves today & tomorrow to clear more space if they really are trying to get this done. Keep your ears to the ground!

@ATL96Steeler @Ewa PGH Fan @Ojb81 @Psych-Ward @SteelersPride @Bridgeburner @thedddd @Superbelt @Gooch1034

I think at this point, we might as well get ready for life without Bell.
I'd like for him to stay, but look at his track record. They tried to bend for him last year and he still wanted to be a dick about it. Then in the middle of a playoff run, he decides to run his mouth some more. The kid is just too up on himself to realize.....it's a team sport. And if he gets hurt, do we get 3 players to take his place??? No.

Better to not expect him and be tickled shitless when he does show up for camp, than to expect him to be there and get fucked over.....again. I can't see the FO playing games with him to much longer.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like for him to stay, but look at his track record. They tried to bend for him last year and he still wanted to be a dick about it. Then in the middle of a playoff run, he decides to run his mouth some more. The kid is just too up on himself to realize.....it's a team sport. And if he gets hurt, do we get 3 players to take his place??? No.

Better to not expect him and be tickled shitless when he does show up for camp, than to expect him to be there and get fucked over.....again. I can't see the FO playing games with him to much longer.
i think he gets his money , maybe more in a signing bonus

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tickled shitless... That's a keeper LOL!

I thought for sure we would see transactions being made yesterday, but not a peep. Either they have the deal in place and are waiting for PR to get their shit together, or they hit another speed bump like last year.

Whatever the case, as I said many times before, I have made my peace with Bell not being here next year. Hence why I am targetting RBs in the 3rd & 4th Rds. Even if Bell comes back I'd love for another draft pick. Fitz Toussaint & Stevan Ridley are stop-gaps. I'd rather fill those spots with high ceiling talent.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based off the lack of movement this week I'm guessing the Steelers feel very confident that this deal is going to get done with Bell. Because if they felt like they were going to need the franchise tag they would need to clear more space.

...Or we are about to see an eruption of sorts. They are conducting their FA meetings this week.

Last edited: