• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le'Veon Bell

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could take a decade or more to replace Ben.

I get sick to my stomach thinking about it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB I think you have a few years on me yet, so we've been through it before...builds character...yeah right! Sucks!

If we time this thing right...we can catch the post Ben SB run...and check out when they are the down turn...lol

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB I think you have a few years on me yet, so we've been through it before...builds character...yeah right! Sucks!

If we time this thing right...we can catch the post Ben SB run...and check out when they are the down turn...lol
Hahaha. That sounds about right!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just look at what not being in a SB has done for the character of Bengal fans such as mrschanny for example. NONE of us ever what to turn into that!!!!!!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at what not being in a SB has done for the character of Bengal fans such as mrschanny for example. NONE of us ever what to turn into that!!!!!!!!!

Yep...said fan has endured a bit too much character building over the years.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The years between Bradshaw and Ben had some pretty lean years but were nothing compared to the pre-'70 years. They actually won some playoff games and made it to a SB in'95 that they lost. Pre-'70 the Steelers were the Browns of the pre-SB era. They had only 6 winning seasons in 40 years and never won a playoff game. I think only maybe Misko is old enough to remember pre-'70 and knows that kind of Browns' and Bengals' level of pain and frustration. Hopefully, us younger guys never experience that!!! I doubt we ever will because Dan Rooney instilled a Steeler way of doing things into the franchise that has worked for 50 years now. Follow the well established blueprint and all will be fine. Some of the younger fans don't seem to get this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The years between Bradshaw and Ben had some pretty lean years but were nothing compared to the pre-'70 years. They actually won some playoff games and made it to a SB in'95 that they lost. Pre-'70 the Steelers were the Browns of the pre-SB era. They had only 6 winning seasons in 40 years and never won a playoff game. I think only maybe Misko is old enough to remember pre-'70 and knows that kind of Browns' and Bengals' level of pain and frustration. Hopefully, us younger guys never experience that!!! I doubt we ever will because Dan Rooney instilled a Steeler way of doing things into the franchise that has worked for 50 years now. Follow the well established blueprint and all will be fine. Some of the younger fans don't seem to get this.

Cowher did a lot with a little...then when he finally got a QB, I think maybe he was burned out, mourning, and maybe a little butt hurt the Rooneys wouldn't give him GM power.

But, he'll always be a beloved figure for taking the Steelers out of the dark period...and delivering #5.

The opening of Heinz Field and getting access to new revenue with the corp cash...the Rooneys finally figured out FA...spend to keep our own that are worthy, and fill holes with mid level guys. There was a long stretch where PIT was basically a training ground for draft picks.

I think they understand football, and they are old school, they like to promote from within when they can.

I think we're in good hands with ownership.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready for the big bullshit Bell prediction........

He holds out next year, then signs with the XFL in 2020.

You read it here first folks.

:lol:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready for the big bullshit Bell prediction........

He holds out next year, then signs with the XFL in 2020.

You read it here first folks.

:lol:
Good one but will Vinny Mac shell out the amount of dough Bell wans???

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one but will Vinny Mac shell out the amount of dough Bell wans???

To make him the center piece of the league, I'll bet he would!!!!

Remember Herschel Walker and the USFL????

It could happen, with Vinny Mac and the Trumper being buddies.....think about it.....

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To make him the center piece of the league, I'll bet he would!!!!

Remember Herschel Walker and the USFL????

It could happen, with Vinny Mac and the Trumper being buddies.....think about it.....
I know it could. He would give them star power for sure to attract other star players. But since they've already said no players with DUIs is Bell ineligible??? And if he's not, how long til he screws up again and is???

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it could. He would give them star power for sure to attract other star players. But since they've already said no players with DUIs is Bell ineligible??? And if he's not, how long til he screws up again and is???

This is true on all counts, but if you get to open the car show with a Tesla with 3 wheels or a Chevy.......

Get me a car dolly........:lol:

I could see Bell doing this to be a dick, he's running out of new ways to screw us over.....But it would get him out of his franchise tag.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true on all counts, but if you get to open the car show with a Tesla with 3 wheels or a Chevy.......

Get me a car dolly........:lol:

I could see Bell doing this to be a dick, he's running out of new ways to screw us over.....But it would get him out of his franchise tag.
True, he wouldn’t have to sit out or be controlled by the Steelers.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true but if we get another QB with the name like Dick Shiner it will make those lean years all the better.
Hopefully he isn't concerned with the wind blowing in off the lake, punts better than he passes or is named Neil O'Donnell.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it really that hard? Doesn't seem to be for this team. Just don't be stupid.

Steelers could have stepped from one HOF QB to another, to another, if they would have just made the obvious call on Marino.

It doesn't have to be doom and gloom after Ben.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true but if we get another QB with the name like Dick Shiner it will make those lean years all the better.
Hopefully he isn't concerned with the wind blowing in off the lake, punts better than he passes or is named Neil O'Donnell.
No, no ,no...that last name is banned from ever again passing a Steeler fan's lips or being written. NEVER, EVER!!!!!!!! Please DO NOT let it ever happen again or serious action will be forced to be taken upon you such as forcing you to watch early 60's Steelers football on a loop ala 'A Clockwork Orange'! Please, please don't let that happen.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really that hard? Doesn't seem to be for this team. Just don't be stupid.

Steelers could have stepped from one HOF QB to another, to another, if they would have just made the obvious call on Marino.

It doesn't have to be doom and gloom after Ben.
With so many teams unable to find an elite quarterback I'm not sure where your confidence comes from.

All I said was "could". It "could" be easier than that or it "could" be a decade or more. The uncertainty makes my taint hurt.