• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron should go to New Orleans

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you imagine? A.Davis, Cousins, Holiday, Mirotic AND LeBron?

If he wants to go to a team that can knock off Houston or Golden State, here it is.

New Orleans is also a fun city that I am sure he could enjoy being there for 3-4 years and probably get 2-3 rings.
New Orleans is fun for a week until you realize you are living in a shit hole under sea level that smells awful.

Bachelor party there- WAS AWESOME

living there? FUCK NO

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Orleans is fun for a week until you realize you are living in a shit hole under sea level that smells awful.

living there? FUCK NO

surprisingly, i agree with WiggityWack. as someone who's been there and done that you couldn't pay me to live in that city...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

living there? FUCK NO
...and here I was trying to be diplomatic...lol

But, yeah....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you imagine? A.Davis, Cousins, Holiday, Mirotic AND LeBron?

If he wants to go to a team that can knock off Houston or Golden State, here it is.

New Orleans is also a fun city that I am sure he could enjoy being there for 3-4 years and probably get 2-3 rings.

No offense but you're an idiot.

Can't wait for college football, huh?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given it seems LeBron is about rings at this point in his career and he gets millions and millions from endorsements and from suing Alabama I am sure he could take a pay cut to get a few more rings before retirement.

You'd be wrong, he's already said he's not taking a paycut.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

living there? FUCK NO

You got married and didn't tell us?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd live in New Orleans for 4-6 months.

Lots of chocolate there.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh how I have missed Laker fans. Haven't seen you guys in about 5 years. But I see you get a glimpse of some sort of excitement for a future and you guys are right back, like the last 5 years never happened.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh how I have missed Laker fans. Haven't seen you guys in about 5 years. But I see you get a glimpse of some sort of excitement for a future and you guys are right back, like the last 5 years never happened.

Seriously?!? Lakers fans haven't left this board and every one of them posts in here a helluva a lot more than you do.

Now, if you want to talk about a disappearing fanbase...where have all the Oregon fans gone?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its money and prestige he wants. LA would give him the max, plus the merchandising from being on the Lakers would be astronomical. He would cash out on money, and rings. There is a ton of talent on the Lakers. And Btw, Luc walton is a coach that Lebron could thrive with. He would not have to do it all until they really need a bucket. If you didnt see the Lakers blossom by the end of the year be prepared to be shocked next year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its money and prestige he wants. LA would give him the max, plus the merchandising from being on the Lakers would be astronomical. He would cash out on money, and rings. There is a ton of talent on the Lakers. And Btw, Luc walton is a coach that Lebron could thrive with. He would not have to do it all until they really need a bucket. If you didnt see the Lakers blossom by the end of the year be prepared to be shocked next year.

Yes and no.

The money, at least as far as his contract, is going to come no matter what. Any team that signs him is going to be paying him about $35 million per season.

The prestige? That's a little tricky. He's Lebron, so he could join LiAngelo and LaMelo in Lithuania and companies will find him to endorse their products and offer other opportunities. Being in LA might make it a little easier logistically, but it won't mean more opportunity.

Now, what the Lakers do offer as far as prestige, involves his legacy, which we know is also important to him. If he were to go to the Lakers and win a title. He would get the prestige of leading one of the most storied franchises in sports back to the top. Add that to the fact that he brought the Cavs their first title and that he would have won titles with 3 different teams (something none of the other all-timers can claim) and that's a pretty big boost to his legacy.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

living there? FUCK NO

Agreeing with all that, I’d rather live in New Orleans than Cleveland. If LeBron can live in northeastern Ohio, then he’d have no problem living in New Orleans. There are many wealthy people that live in the Garden District and it’s not like he’d have to be there year round.

That being said, I don’t think he’s joining the Pelicans.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should, but Mardi Gras goes on during the NBA season so he'll have to wait until he retires.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess its possible but I don't see it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreeing with all that, I’d rather live in New Orleans than Cleveland. If LeBron can live in northeastern Ohio, then he’d have no problem living in New Orleans. There are many wealthy people that live in the Garden District and it’s not like he’d have to be there year round.

That being said, I don’t think he’s joining the Pelicans.

LeBron grew up in Northeast Ohio. It is his home. Cleveland is a lot more attractive to LeBron than it is to the average NBA player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....i am not sure what you mean by "merchandising" but the Cavs can offer by far the most money.