• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Las Vegas 51's

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the pleasure of watching them last night vs the Colorado Springs Sky Sox. Sat right behind LV's dugout. It was great to see Wally Backman and Frank Viola again after all these years. I must say, I am puzzled as to why Travis is struggling in the big's. He killed the baseball last night at Security Field as did Josh Satin. Maybe this stint on the farm will get both of them going. Another stand out was Giancarlo Alvarado, he had a no hitter going into the 7th and pitched lights out before being relieved. 51's 9, Sky Sox 3.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool....nothing like experiencing a good minor league game. I used to love going to A & AA games way back when, and sometimes I'd see friends from HS, and later some from college in the lineups. Good Stuff. But as far as T d'A goes...I always thought he wasn't ready to become the everyday starting catcher in the bigs at this point of his career....but hopefully he stays there and hones his skills (which is what he's there for) enough to get called up in the future. I think winter ball would be advantageous for him too, where he can also work on his catching skills a lot more...(it's not only about his lack of hitting).

That being said..there's a huge leap from AAA to MLB...it's not as close a gap as many seem to think.
Lots of players over the years never make the adjustments to the far superior pitching &/or hitting/fielding from the farms to the big clubs. Many subsequently get labeled as 4A players, some just have bad luck or get stuck in a numbers game and become the odd man out on their rosters for whatever reason.

We'll see, time will tell. I'm rooting for him...but also don't want to rush him.