• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lane Being Released

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think anyone is too surprised by this. Wasn't a fan when they initially gave him that contract extension.

Cutting Sherman and Lane saves a combined $15.75m.

Prior to the Bennett trade, the Seahawks only had around $13m in cap space I believe.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised it wasn't sooner. But with all the talks of getting rid of Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, Bennett, etc. I'm sure the FO just forgot.

Random dude in the FO: "Hey we're getting rid of Lane, right?"
Schneider: "Who?"
Random dude: "The CB Jeremy Lane."
*Schneider blank stare*
Carroll: "You know, confused looking guy.. could pass as one of the pirates in Captain Phillips?"
Schneider: "Oh, yah. I thought he was already gone... Now Paul, what if we apply a SLIGHT more neon shade of blue to our logo?"
Allen: "I thought we were talking about the neon soda machines?"

snoopgoofdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they are completely clearing out the malcontent from the locker room. There was way too much fighting and arguing on the sideline this year. Can you imagine what the locker room looked like.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they are completely clearing out the malcontent from the locker room. There was way too much fighting and arguing on the sideline this year. Can you imagine what the locker room looked like.

That and just now useless/injury prone, overpaid players. Lane was completely useless (benched) and got torched routinely... I graded that signing a C- from the start. Sherman is IMO now useless given his achilles injury (which is a shame) and Bennett is approaching mid 30s and is a penalty liability and obvious racist. Time to move on.

Bennett still produces so it kind of sucks to lose his presence on the line, but Sherman/Lane are IMO useless. One because of injury and the other because he just sucks.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just adds to my suspicion that the Hawks are going heavy on defense backs in the draft again this year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just adds to my suspicion that the Hawks are going heavy on defense backs in the draft again this year.
I guess we'll have to see what happens with ET, Kam, and McDougald. Then at CB, it's possible Shead comes back and maybe Maxwell is re-signed. It could work out that we have some holes in the secondary, but it could also easily fall where we are still pretty deep there.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll have to see what happens with ET, Kam, and McDougald. Then at CB, it's possible Shead comes back and maybe Maxwell is re-signed. It could work out that we have some holes in the secondary, but it could also easily fall where we are still pretty deep there.

Well, they almost have to keep Maxwell now. With Shead being let go and Sherman and Lane already gone, the cornerback position has been thinned out considerably. McDougald coming back will help at safety, but with the uncertainty around Kam's status for this year, they'll need to add more depth at that spot just in case. In Earl's case, I think they'll either try to work something out long-term or try to get something for him before he can hit the free agent market. Either way, I don't think they'll let him go without doing everything they can to get something out of it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they almost have to keep Maxwell now. With Shead being let go and Sherman and Lane already gone, the cornerback position has been thinned out considerably. McDougald coming back will help at safety, but with the uncertainty around Kam's status for this year, they'll need to add more depth at that spot just in case. In Earl's case, I think they'll either try to work something out long-term or try to get something for him before he can hit the free agent market. Either way, I don't think they'll let him go without doing everything they can to get something out of it.
I think it's highly possible the plan was to bring Maxwell back all along. If you can also work things out with Shead, that's Griffin, Maxwell, Coleman & Shead as the top 4 plus possibly Neiko Thorpe. That is a capable group. Maybe not as good as it was during the height of the LOB's run, but that's a lofty standard unmatched by most.