• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Wont Let Kobe Be A Free Aggent

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as he does what is best for the team by taking a paycut(which I'm pretty sure he will), Kobe will retire a Laker

Rolln300

"Let It Be"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brings in MONEYYYY. Can you imagine the crowds as soon as they say he will be playing. The man makes money for the team so why would you let him go and this season every game will have suspense to it when he is playing and before he starts playing.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long as he does what is best for the team by taking a paycut(which I'm pretty sure he will), Kobe will retire a Laker

I'm not so sure Kobe will take a pay cut. He still has a very strong ego and because of that he is going to feel slighted if he feels that he should be making more money than other NBA players.

And I think he'll certainly believe that he should be the one making the most on the Lakers. So, in my opinion, if the Lakers bring in a high priced FA, depending on who it is Kobe is going to feel that he should be making more than that FA.

:2cents:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He brings in MONEYYYY. Can you imagine the crowds as soon as they say he will be playing. The man makes money for the team so why would you let him go and this season every game will have suspense to it when he is playing and before he starts playing.

I agree. He is a laker for life. Bye the way Rollin love your choice of teams lol

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure Kobe will take a pay cut. He still has a very strong ego and because of that he is going to feel slighted if he feels that he should be making more money than other NBA players.

And I think he'll certainly believe that he should be the one making the most on the Lakers. So, in my opinion, if the Lakers bring in a high priced FA, depending on who it is Kobe is going to feel that he should be making more than that FA.

Whatever his contract comes out to is probably chump change compared to what the Lakers make off of Kobe. It wouldn't make sense for him to take a paycut unless he's completely dimished as a player (highly unlikely in my eyes).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on one's definition of a paycut, imo. If by "won't take a paycut" means signing him to another max deal, then the Lakers stance should be to NOT re-sign him. If, however, it means signing him for around $15 million or so, then fine.

It is going to take money (and alot of it) to put together a roster that is capable of helping Kobe get that 6th ring. He will simply need to understand that it's either a max deal contract or a roster capable of winning a championship. He can't get both in today's CBA.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe will make much less than the $30 million he is making this season. I actually feel that he'll be very accommodating with his salary level so that the front office can maximize whatever moves they can make.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe will take a pay cut because he wants another ring badly. He knows he will have to take a pay cut to attract another super star to la. He will also retire a Laker. Anything else would be blasphemous.