• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers Vs Spurs Dec 12, 2014

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers had this game easy in regulation. Kobe 3 straight turnovers then misses the final shot. Seems like he does this a lot. He'll make a huge shot like he did with that 3 to give a nine point lead with a couple minutes left. But then will totally blow it from there until he needs to make a hero shot at the end which he usually misses now. Almost like a unconscious thing he does so he can take a hero shot at the end.
I don't know if you saw it this way Chili but I saw a lot of guys standing around once Kobe got the ball in those late game situations.

I even complained about it during the game here on the game thread too!

No one is moving when Kobe has the ball.. :L
:nod:

So call it hero ball if you will but what the hell is he suppose to do? :noidea:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you saw it this way Chili but I saw a lot of guys standing around once Kobe got the ball in those late game situations.

I even complained about it during the game here on the game thread too!

:nod:

So call it hero ball if you will but what the hell is he suppose to do? :noidea:

He waved them off on a couple of those possessions so they literally don't know what to do. Whatever was expected to be ran was waved off by Bryant so he could improvise. They didn't just stop playing. They were told to. That's why Lin should have been in the game. At least he'll start some kind of set. Of course, Bryant would probably break it off anyway. He gets tunnel vision at the end of games. Just him and the basket.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He waved them off on a couple of those possessions so they literally don't know what to do. Whatever was expected to be ran was waved off by Bryant so he could improvise. They didn't just stop playing. They were told to. That's why Lin should have been in the game. At least he'll start some kind of set. Of course, Bryant would probably break it off anyway. He gets tunnel vision at the end of games. Just him and the basket.

Agree that Lin should have been in. Nothing wrong with Kobe breaking off the play after Lin has brought the ball up and started the offense. You want your superstar player to have the autonomy to be able to do that.

But when he has to bring the ball up and than as you point out, waves everybody off, then his teammates aren't going to have much choice but to watch and see what he does.

Plus, with Lin or Price bringing the ball up and starting the offense, maybe he see's there isn't a need to break away from the play.