• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers Vs Raptors Jan 19, 2014

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big shot Bob is extolling the skill set of Kendall Marshall and he is stating that we indeed have a very good Point Guard with five straight double-doubles. He needs to work on running lay-ups though but he is a keeper.

I agree. I don't think he is the answer as far as the starting point guard, but he can be very valuable as a backup/change of pace type PG.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 options:

1) Miss the playoffs and not get a franchise PG, or
2) Miss the playoffs and get a franchise PG.

I'll take #2. Which is why its hard for me to be happy about 2 straight road wins.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 options:

1) Miss the playoffs and not get a franchise PG, or
2) Miss the playoffs and get a franchise PG.

I'll take #2. Which is why its hard for me to be happy about 2 straight road wins.

Why get a PG when we can have Farmar & Marshall who are both still young ?? We need a defensive presence in the paint big time or teams are just going to always kill us in the paint. Joel Embiid could be the answer. :10:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naturally i missed the game because i was busy and forgot it was on so early, but definitely nice to get some wins going...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why get a PG when we can have Farmar & Marshall who are both still young ?? We need a defensive presence in the paint big time or teams are just going to always kill us in the paint. Joel Embiid could be the answer. :10:

We need to take the best player available, regardless of position. Someone who can spend the next couple of season's learning from Kobe and to go along with whatever max FA's we land over the next couple of off-season's.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naturally i missed the game because i was busy and forgot it was on so early, but definitely nice to get some wins going...

Bandwagoner!!

The Heat boards are over there----------------------------->

:lol::laugh3::suds:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to take the best player available, regardless of position. Someone who can spend the next couple of season's learning from Kobe and to go along with whatever max FA's we land over the next couple of off-season's.

Joel Embiid could be the best player available & having Kareem to counsel him in the NBA would be huge. Guys that are legit 7 footers and move like he can don't come along very often. True NBA centers are the most difficult thing to find. Whichever team gets to call in his name on draft day will be high fiving in the war room.

Could you imagine in 2015 with a front court of KevinLove & Joel Embiid for the Lakers ?? Wow what a future. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joel Embiid could be the best player available. Guys that are legit 7 footers and move like he can don't come along very often. True NBA centers are the most difficult thing to find. Whichever team gets to call in his name on draft day will be high fiving in the war room.

Could you imagine in 2015 with a front court of KevinLove & Joel Embiid for the Lakers ?? Wow what a future. :nod:

If he moves well, he could be devastating in D'Antoni's offense. He could be a bigger Amare Stoudemire!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he moves well, he could be devastating in D'Antoni's offense. He could be a bigger Amare Stoudemire!!

:agree: especially in the Western Conference were teams have big's, we have always built with big men. Ive also been watching Andrew Wiggins & in most games he seem's lost. I'm not to impressed with him unlike Jabari Parker.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a pass on Wiggins if we can get Embiid or Parker instead.

Embiid looks like a beast, and with a league that's weak at the center position, he might be just the right guy.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same here, sucks! Haven't gotten to see the Lakers win very many lately.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid is most definitely a potential beast. I've been all over him after watching that Duke/Kansas game. Everyone, and rightly so, was looking at Parker and Wiggins but Embiid got my eye. I've watched him since and he just keeps getting better and better. I say at worst he'd be what Andre Drummond is right now (servicable defensive center) but his ceiling is HOF center quality. I'd definitely take him over anyone. But if LA wants him, they'll have to lose more games or get very lucky in the lottery. I don't see him getting past #2.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't forget Manny in the point guard rotation or even shooting guard. Manny had a pretty good game today for his second game. Hit a nice three, had a putback dunk and played some D. I think we could easily switch to the paint as the focus of our number one this coming draft.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully D'Antoni is gone after this season so who he would take has no bearing on who the lakers draft.

Parker is my #1 choice

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Farmar, Marshall, and Manny are fine. Put them in rotation and they can do ok on most nights. You all have to agree, none of them are franchise PG's.

I'm talking: Parker, Irving, Westbrook, Curry, Paul, and even Lillard and Wall, etc... Our guys don't even come close and never will. Either Exum or Smart could.

You see more busts, injuries, and early leaves with big men than any other position. We cannot afford to miss on this pick. That's why I think we need to get 1 of these 2 guys if we can.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Marshall did just get here, Jodie Meeks also wasn't at his best when he first got here too. Marshall can still work on getting into better shape and getting more athletic.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Outlaw. The improvement in Meeks is astronomical compared to last year and hopefully that degree of change will be the mantra for all our young guys. If so, we don't need to go racing around the league in panic mode spending gobs of money trying to find players to sign to max contracts when the overwhelming majority of them are on our roster and would gladly accept substantial pay raises. Afterall, the one major factor all of our roster shares is that they ALL WANT TO BE HERE AND PLAY FOR THE LAKERS!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Outlaw. The improvement in Meeks is astronomical compared to last year and hopefully that degree of change will be the mantra for all our young guys. If so, we don't need to go racing around the league in panic mode spending gobs of money trying to find players to sign to max contracts when the overwhelming majority of them are on our roster and would gladly accept substantial pay raises. Afterall, the one major factor all of our roster shares is that they ALL WANT TO BE HERE AND PLAY FOR THE LAKERS!

:10:couldn't have said it better. nicely done...