• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers fans, which trade would make if any of these?

Which trade would you approve, if any...

• Pacers Trade No. 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pacers Trade No. 2

• Nets Trade

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Bulls Trade

• Tater Salad Trade

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: All trades assume the Lakers will get the #3 pick in the draft.

Pacers Trade No. 1

Lakers get:
  • Paul George
Pacers get:
  • D’Angelo Russell
  • Julius Randle
  • Cory Brewer
Pacers Trade No. 2
Lakers get:
  • Paul George
Pacers get:
  • D’Angelo Russell
  • Brandon Ingram
  • Cory Brewer
Nets Trade:
Lakers get:
  • Brook Lopez (Expiring Contract)
Nets get:
  • D’Angelo Russell
  • Luol Deng (Salary Dump)
Bulls Trade:
Lakers get:
  • Jimmy Butler
Bulls get:
  • Jordan Clarkson
  • Brandon Ingram
  • Julius Randle
Tater Salad Trade:
Lakers get:
  • Egg Pickle
Trade Partner gets:
  • Sweet Relish

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tater salad trade for sure. Wouldn't trade more than 1 of our recent lottery picks in any single deal.
This was an episode of Access SportsNet: Lakers that I watched yesterday.

I was looking at those trades they listed and sort of felt the same way you do Outlaw.

The Access SportsNet crew however had these comments:
  • The Pacers Trade 1 was a Lakers favor trade, and the entire crew thought it was a sound trade, one went so far as to say that the Pacers wouldn't do it because they wouldn't get enough in return.
  • They said the Pacers Trade No. 2 was in essence a Bird counter to Trade No. 1, and favored the Pacers. All 3 commentators thought the Lakers were giving up too much.
  • Two of the three commentators liked the Nets Trade mainly because it included the Deng salary dump. The other just didn't feel acquiring the expiring contract for Books was solid enough to give up D'Angelo.
  • With the Bull trade the commentators were all over it, and thought it was a slam dunk. It was the one I favored the least.
  • They didn't comment on the tater salad, but I'll take the Egg, Pickle (I'd add some bacon) over the Sweet Relish everyday!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you and Outlaw. Not interested in giving up more than 1 of our youngsters and would prefer if the one given up wasn't named Brandon Ingram.

Went with Tater salad.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them. Though if you twisted my arm, I'd pick the Bulls trade. I'd rather keep Russell than Ingram.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you and Outlaw. Not interested in giving up more than 1 of our youngsters and would prefer if the one given up wasn't named Brandon Ingram.

Went with Tater salad.
If I had to pick one that didn't include taters, I'd go with the Nets Trade, but I would try to get some reassurance that Brook stays long term.

Filling D'Angelo's role could be had in FA or in the draft and I'm not sold that he will get much better than what we have seen. Having a guy like Brook along with Randle, Ingram & Clarkson may attract some top tier FA's to come to the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to pick one that didn't include taters, I'd go with the Nets Trade, but I would try to get some reassurance that Brook stays long term.

Filling D'Angelo's role could be had in FA or in the draft and I'm not sold that he will get much better than what we have seen. Having a guy like Brook along with Randle, Ingram & Clarkson may attract some top tier FA's to come to the Lakers.

Yeah, that one is probably the most palatable because it gets rid of Deng's bad contract and if Lopez stays, good the Lakers have a solid starting center and if he doesn't, it frees up cap space.

I'd kind of like to see what D'Angelo does with a full season at the 2. I think Luke was onto something with that move. I also like Clarkson as the first guard off the bench. I think he is perennial 6th man of the year material.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of them. Though if you twisted my arm, I'd pick the Bulls trade. I'd rather keep Russell than Ingram.

lol. I'm the opposite. While I'd prefer not to give up any of the young guys. I'd rather give up Russell than Ingram. I think Ingram has more upside.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I'm the opposite. While I'd prefer not to give up any of the young guys. I'd rather give up Russell than Ingram. I think Ingram has more upside.
Those are my sentiments exactly. Ingram has such a high ceiling at this point, dealing him now could later prove be a huge mistake. (That said, I guess the same could be said of Russell, although we have a much larger sample size to judge him by regarding his potential)

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, TJF12. Ingram has more utility due to his physical attributes. He can play guard or forward. Russell is only going to be a 1 or 2 guard. I'd rather not give up any of the youngsters though.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, that's a tough call. I'd rather not give up either, but you don't trade near 7 footers that have the ability of a point guard, and the possible ability of an elite defender. I do like Russell though, and I've always been of the thought that he has a bright future for us

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Went with Tater salad.
I agree I don't want any part of giving up two of our young players. Brook Lopez looks like the best one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, that's a tough call. I'd rather not give up either, but you don't trade near 7 footers that have the ability of a point guard, and the possible ability of an elite defender. I do like Russell though, and I've always been of the thought that he has a bright future for us

Yeah, it really is. I was starting to have my doubts about Russell, but I think Luke may be onto something with that move to 2 guard.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and btw, what's up @Vitamike! Long time no see

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and btw, what's up @Vitamike! Long time no see
Same ole, same ole Kold.

Spend a lot of time on the Rams board, and like many others here, waiting for both the NFL and CFB off season to ramp up.

How about you brother?

Wish we were talking about how deep the Lakers run into the playoffs would be like in years past right about now, instead of trade talks...

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ole, same ole Kold.

Spend a lot of time on the Rams board, and like many others here, waiting for both the NFL and CFB off season to ramp up.

How about you brother?

Wish we were talking about how deep the Lakers run into the playoffs would be like in years past right about now, instead of trade talks...
Been going good, waiting for the draft to get kicked off this Thursday. As for the Lakers, it's a tough time, but as we always say, things will eventually turn around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the lakers keep the pick, i'd be happy to trade that and Randle for George.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the lakers keep the pick, i'd be happy to trade that and Randle for George.
By 'that' you mean...
  • D'Angelo
  • Brewer
AND Randle, right?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By 'that' you mean...
  • D'Angelo
  • Brewer
AND Randle, right?

Nope, D'Angelo stays. Pacers need to face the fact that George will likely come to LA in free agency. They can either get one good player and a top pick, or nothing the following year.