• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2018 Off-Season Thread

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's alot of cash, yet somehow less than CP3.

Let's hope with James on board they don't gut the youth and assets to get Leonard

Oh, and I guess Magic won't be resigning after all

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have James, Stephenson, and McGee. What a haul and the kiddie corp is still intact. I hope they re-sign Randle and call it a FA signing period. Now Luke has even more assets and talent to mold into a contender. It is going to be a fun new season in a couple of months!!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we have James, Stephenson, and McGee. What a haul and the kiddie corp is still intact. I hope they re-sign Randle and call it a FA signing period. Now Luke has even more assets and talent to mold into a contender. It is going to be a fun new season in a couple of months!!!

Randle doesn't want to be a Laker.

He's gone.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The dark days appear to be over.

I'm trying not to get too excited. I've seen people say they are now a 4-6 seed. I don't see it. I still think we're in the 6-8 range in the WC but we still have time this sumner to get another big fish.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME!!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, DJ. This is sort of like the Rams with all of their additions. On paper we may be 4-6 seed but nothing is in stone until they play the games and then we will see just how much everyone blends and play as a winning franchise.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep DJ. I saw that last night late that Randle wants out. O.K. Put together a package of Randle, maybe Ingram, and a number one, and send it to SA after SA has heard enough whining and crying from Leonard and they get off their excessive demands. If Leonard bitches up a storm long enough maybe that little bitch Popovich will capitulate.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first year on tHoop I had Time Warner.....the last few I haven't been as fortunate. I have the last 5-6 months.....

So proud to say next season I'll be bringing my talents back as the color commentator to @Retroram52's fine play by play announcing skills during Laker games......

Looking forward to it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep DJ. I saw that last night late that Randle wants out. O.K. Put together a package of Randle, maybe Ingram, and a number one, and send it to SA after SA has heard enough whining and crying from Leonard and they get off their excessive demands. If Leonard bitches up a storm long enough maybe that little bitch Popovich will capitulate.

I'd trade Ball to get a second 1st to include in the package......and Ingram has to be in it if we expect the Spurs to deal with us, Retro.

IMO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can keep Kuzma and Hart.....it helps our bench.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Lakers are heard to be offering only one-year deals to maximize their cap space for the summer of 2019."

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, DJ. This is sort of like the Rams with all of their additions. On paper we may be 4-6 seed but nothing is in stone until they play the games and then we will see just how much everyone blends and play as a winning franchise.

The Rams are one of the biggest success stories in the NFL. I am a Cowboy fan, but you have to give it up to the Rams. I hope they take the next step next year. Still pissed they told Donald after all these years, when they had a more pressing need LOL Cowboys were ready to take him..

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs are dreaming if they think they can get what they are demanding for Leonard.

They reportedly asked 76ers for 2 players and 3 1st round picks.

They are wanting at least 2 players and multiple 1st rounders from the Lakers.

They simply are not going to get what they are asking after the season Leonard just had. And with rumors he is willing to sit out next season, they literally have no leverage.

The 76ers aren't going to break up their team for a 1 year rental.

And the Lakers have no need to rush a trade for Leonard when they can just sign him next off-season.

The latest rumor I saw that they wanted was a sign and trade with Randle, Ingram and Hart plus picks.

I don't know what they are drinking in S.A., but they need to step away from the bar and sober up.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like today's moves.

Sign Rondo for 9M, and renounce Randle who signs a 2 yr/18M deal with the Pelicans.

So, for the same money, you swap Randle for Rondo?

Btw, Randle 2nd year is a player option, so it is essentially a 1 yr deal because he will hit the market again next off-season when more teams have money.

And, how-are is it that KCP gets 12M, and Randle is only worth 9M?

And, the Warriors get a steal with Cousins for 5M. How did Magic not beat that?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ok with not getting cousins. If he comes back and has a great season, GS wont have the money to pay him for 2019, and he will be a free-agent.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like today's moves.

Sign Rondo for 9M, and renounce Randle who signs a 2 yr/18M deal with the Pelicans.

So, for the same money, you swap Randle for Rondo?

Btw, Randle 2nd year is a player option, so it is essentially a 1 yr deal because he will hit the market again next off-season when more teams have money.

And, how-are is it that KCP gets 12M, and Randle is only worth 9M?

And, the Warriors get a steal with Cousins for 5M. How did Magic not beat that?

The Rondo/Randle situation makes zero sense. There is no reason to have Rondo at all with Lebron and Lonzo on the team. You need shooters around Lebron, not another PG that can't shoot. And to lose Randle for essentially the same amount of money just makes it worse. If they weren't going to use cap space for Boogie (and it looks like they weren't), why not just give Randle a bigger money one year deal? It's clear by the NO deal he took that he's thinking about entering free agency again next year. I'd have to think LA could have worked out some sort of deal. I'd be fine if they renounced him and brought in a shooter or someone more skilled, but to bring in Rondo? A guy that has skills that overlap with what you already have and is very prone to petulance? Stupid move on its face. There has to be some move down the road that gets rid of Lonzo because I see no other reason why it makes any sense to get Rondo.