• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2018 Off-Season Thread

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Present Spurs with a 'Godfather' Offer
MIKE CHIARI
JUNE 28, 2018

The Los Angeles Lakers have reportedly made the San Antonio Spurs a "Godfather offer" for superstar forward Kawhi Leonard, according to Sam Amick of USA Today.

A "Godfather offer" is generally defined as an offer so good that it can't be refused. Amick added that the offer has other teams wondering if anyone else can compete with the package L.A. has put together for the two-time All-Star.

And this is what I'm afraid of if this is true.

First off, the Lakers shouldn't be rushing this when they can just get Leonard next off-season without giving up anything.

Second, if they make a godfather deal and LeBron does come, you have 2 superstars and almost no bench because the godfather offer most likely includes 3 young players and picks. What does that leave for the other 3 starting positions and the bench?

I wouldn't offer anything more than Ingram and a 1st. Otherwise, just wait till next off-season and get him for nothing.

If LeBron doesn't want to come by himself, he can still sign a 1 and 1 deal with Cleveland and we can start this-alot over again next off-season but without gutting the team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see what SA wants for Kawhi, the worst this deal looks. They basically want everyone except Randle. The Lakers have not to date substantiated Leonard's injury healing progress and I just we are getting raped by giving-up, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, AND draft picks heretofore unsubstantiated. I think the Lakers are just giving the Spurs an instant rebuild roster at the behest of themselves because they have a stiffy for Leonard. Stupid has creeped into my thinking to date.

NBA Trade Rumors: Spurs Covet Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma In Trade For Kawhi Leonard

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I see what SA wants for Kawhi, the worst this deal looks. They basically want everyone except Randle. The Lakers have not to date substantiated Leonard's injury healing progress and I just we are getting raped by giving-up, Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, AND draft picks heretofore unsubstantiated. I think the Lakers are just giving the Spurs an instant rebuild roster at the behest of themselves because they have a stiffy for Leonard. Stupid has creeped into my thinking to date.

NBA Trade Rumors: Spurs Covet Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma In Trade For Kawhi Leonard

If the Lakers do that deal, they are killing themselves for no reason other than jumping the gun 1 year early.

And, I know LeBron has stated he doesn't want to be the first star to sign with the Lakers, but if he was-smart, he would.

Here's why: even if he is the only one they sign, he plays next year with a bunch of young developing players that are only going to get better, and with him, they will make the playoffs.

Second, with James and a bunch of young talent already on the roster, Leonard is a lock to sign next off-season ( whom James reportedly wants to play with ).

Now, he goes through one season helping the young guys develop and play team ball, make the playoffs but not the finals, and then you team with Leonard next off-season and have a stacked roster to compete with GS and Houston. And, with a stacked roster instead of a depleted one, he doesn't need to carry so much of the load as he ages.

That would be the smart move for him to make to have a superteam. He just has to be the first to sign up, which apparently he doesn't want to be.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers do that deal, they are killing themselves for no reason other than jumping the gun 1 year early.

And, I know LeBron has stated he doesn't want to be the first star to sign with the Lakers, but if he was-smart, he would.

Here's why: even if he is the only one they sign, he plays next year with a bunch of young developing players that are only going to get better, and with him, they will make the playoffs.

Second, with James and a bunch of young talent already on the roster, Leonard is a lock to sign next off-season ( whom James reportedly wants to play with ).

Now, he goes through one season helping the young guys develop and play team ball, make the playoffs but not the finals, and then you team with Leonard next off-season and have a stacked roster to compete with GS and Houston. And, with a stacked roster instead of a depleted one, he doesn't need to carry so much of the load as he ages.

That would be the smart move for him to make to have a superteam. He just has to be the first to sign up, which apparently he doesn't want to be.

I don't think they will be stupid enough to go thru this. I would wait, like others say, for next year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK how this story will end but i know Julius Randle could be working out anywhere in the fucking world......yet here he is at the Laker facilities everyday (during all this uncertainty) my respect has grown immensely for the man's professionalism

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"LeBron James + promising young roster + another max slot + Magic Johnson + allure of #Lakers + all of L.A. market opportunities = it won’t be hard to figure everything else out."

-Vincent Bonsignore of the Daily News

Easily the best Tweet I've seen regarding James FA.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Never underestimate the power and prestige he’d get by restoring the #Lakers to prominence. It would literally lift his legacy and brand higher than it already is."

-Vincent Bonsignore

And James knows that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George is staying in OKC.

All signs for now still indicat Lebron is coming to LA. There's also more talk that the Lakers are going to pursue Boogie hard now. Lebron has stated many times he likes Boogie

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George is staying in OKC.

All signs for now still indicat Lebron is coming to LA. There's also more talk that the Lakers are going to pursue Boogie hard now. Lebron has stated many times he likes Boogie

Boogie is not worth the risk
He may never be the same player ever again. Most players aren't after that injury

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am suprised by the Paul George move, but not the end of the world. George left alot of money and flexabilty with this 4 year deal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, PG stays in OKC and Chris Paul stays in Houston. LeBron is being wooed by the Nuggets and Sixers. I seriously doubt any of the reported deals for the FAs and the Lakers will go down and Magic may have to step down completing his own statement of stepping-down if no FAs are signed.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated all along that this team is on the right track and the Lakers should sign Julius Randle and stay-the-course by adding more new guys like the draft picks this year and continue to build.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated all along that this team is on the right track and the Lakers should sign Julius Randle and stay-the-course by adding more new guys like the draft picks this year and continue to build.

Well if they dont get one max guy this year, the off season is another failure IMO. You cannot win with this team as it is cuurently constructed. You need a stud vet.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree tomodach. We added an improvement of 23 wins this season with this team and if we stay healthy, I suspect we will make the play-offs this coming season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers Present Spurs with a 'Godfather' Offer
MIKE CHIARI
JUNE 28, 2018

The Los Angeles Lakers have reportedly made the San Antonio Spurs a "Godfather offer" for superstar forward Kawhi Leonard, according to Sam Amick of USA Today.

A "Godfather offer" is generally defined as an offer so good that it can't be refused. Amick added that the offer has other teams wondering if anyone else can compete with the package L.A. has put together for the two-time All-Star.

And this is what I'm afraid of if this is true.

First off, the Lakers shouldn't be rushing this when they can just get Leonard next off-season without giving up anything.

Second, if they make a godfather deal and LeBron does come, you have 2 superstars and almost no bench because the godfather offer most likely includes 3 young players and picks. What does that leave for the other 3 starting positions and the bench?

I wouldn't offer anything more than Ingram and a 1st. Otherwise, just wait till next off-season and get him for nothing.

If LeBron doesn't want to come by himself, he can still sign a 1 and 1 deal with Cleveland and we can start this-alot over again next off-season but without gutting the team.
Just get Leonard next summer?

Paul George says hold my 6 pack.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, PG stays in OKC and Chris Paul stays in Houston. LeBron is being wooed by the Nuggets and Sixers. I seriously doubt any of the reported deals for the FAs and the Lakers will go down and Magic may have to step down completing his own statement of stepping-down if no FAs are signed.
Denver doesn't have cap space.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said after next summer if he doesn't get anybody. Not this summer.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am suprised by the Paul George move, but not the end of the world. George left alot of money and flexabilty with this 4 year deal.
Looking back it's not that surprising IMO He was constantly changing his mind and it's possible he was afraid of the pressure. In OKC RW gets most of the pressure

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back it's not that surprising IMO He was constantly changing his mind and it's possible he was afraid of the pressure. In OKC RW gets most of the pressure
I have no problerm not getting paul.