• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LA Kings Vs Detroit Red Wings Jan 18, 2014

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it is the same crew that missed Clowe touching the puck that makes them repeat blind men and maybe they should lose a few games pay

I could have sworn that's what I heard after the game, but perhaps my seething rage affected my hearing :mad:

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutter: "What are you going to do at the outdoor game? What if it goes through a cumulus cloud and comes back down?"

"Coaches get fired, GMs get fired, but somebody's got to be held accountable." - Dean Lombardi

More Sutter

"That's embarrassing for the league...It doesn't matter if we'd have scored, or if they had scored it. That's embarrassing."

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials in the Dallas-Minn game missed this elbow to Matt Cooke's noggin tonight as well.

Is it Ray Charles night around the league?

UKFroXo.gif

1a9M9O5.gif

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the refs are human and they miss stuff that goes on during a game. One of the reasons they have replays. The reason stated by the league is they want to get the call right. It won't take much to add something like this to a reviewable play. I mean it's reviewable if the puck is kicked in or batted in with a hand. Kind of akin to the goal scored on Mike Smith where the puck landed in his pants and he backed into the net.

I've always wondered why the play is blown dead when the puck hits the netting anyways. It's not blown down when it hits the glass. Why isn't the netting an extension of the glass? If that was the rule every Kings player on the ice would have been aware of where the puck was and someone would have batted it away or Quick would have just gloved it as it came down. Sadly that isn't the case and it's on to Boston and try to rebound from a heart breaker.

Ox

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver still gooning it up.

Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames brawl 2 seconds into game - ESPN

Vancouver Canucks coach John Tortorella had to be restrained from entering the Calgary Flames' locker room after a first period that saw a full line brawl break out two seconds into play when both teams used their fourth lines for the opening faceoff.

Defenseman Kevin Bieksa took the opening draw for Vancouver and a line brawl broke out as soon as the puck was dropped.

During the brawl, Tortorella repeatedly yelled and gestured to the Flames bench and coach Bob Hartley.

The Canucks won the game between Pacific division rivals 3-2 in a shootout.

CBC, which televised the game, showed Tortorella attempting to go into the Flames locker room during intermission at Rogers Arena, with Calgary enforcer Brian McGrattan pushing him away.

Flames goaltender coach Clint Malarchuk came out of the Flames dressing room after Tortorella and McGrattan were separated. Malarchuk followed Tortorella, but was restrained by several members of Calgary's staff and McGrattan.

Much of the altercation appeared off camera, but another camera showed Chris Tanev pulling Alex Burrows back toward the Canucks dressing room.

Calgary's Chris Butler, Blair Jones, Ladislav Smid and Kevin Westgarth, and Vancouver's Bieksa, Jason Garrison, Kellan Lain and Dale Weise received game misconduct penalties for their trouble. McGrattan and Canucks forward Tom Sestito were the only two fighters not ejected.

The teams combined for a total of 142 penalty minutes in the first five minutes of the game and smaller skirmishes occurred throughout the opening period. Calgary's Shane O'Brien and Vancouver's Zack Kassian each received 10-minute misconducts later in the period.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I am soooooo over the "the officials are human" malarkey. it was 20 feet off the net.. it was plainly obvious. Not to mention there are FOUR officials on the ice.. FOUR. What in the hell are they all looking at?

I didn't see the game but did any of players point up at the net? Usually the players, even if a ref sees it, are quick to point out it went out of play. Still a bit shocking that none of the refs including the linesman who are paid to watch the puck.

Bluesince62

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the game but did any of players point up at the net? Usually the players, even if a ref sees it, are quick to point out it went out of play. Still a bit shocking that none of the refs including the linesman who are paid to watch the puck.

Doughty did.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they just say it was same officiating crew as the Ryan Clowe incident up in San Jose?

No. NHL.com has tonights refs listed as Dan O'Halloran and Rob Martell, with linesman Mike Cvik & Don Henderson.

The game against San Jose (it was in LA btw), refs were Stephen Walkom & Bryan Pochmara, Linesman Greg Devorski & Vaughan Rody.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver still gooning it up.

From the video Vanloser had a normal line out to start the game until the Flames sent out their goons for the opening faceoff. Since the Nucks got last change they swapped the line with their goons. I suppose the Flames just wanted to get it out of the way instead of dealing with it the whole game?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the video Vanloser had a normal line out to start the game until the Flames sent out their goons for the opening faceoff. Since the Nucks got last change they swapped the line with their goons. I suppose the Flames just wanted to get it out of the way instead of dealing with it the whole game?

I think the Flames sent them a message that every one is tired of their garbage. All last week they were gooning it up, pretty sure Hartley not only wanted to get it out of the way but also I would like to think he just told the Canucks nobody likes your shit and this is what you get.

The Kings game, I think being a bit aggressive was necessary to exact justice for what Brown did but it seemed to drag on and on. That's on Brown though too, he should have just dropped the gloves on the opening face off and got it over with. Instead he delays and his teammates are getting shotted all over the place because he is a coward.

The Ducks game they got torched and the Ducks made them pay - 6 PP goals? - and then they started to goon it up.

Vancouver is a shoddy franchise from top to bottom, overrated and houses some of the shittiest fans I have ever seen or met. All fine and dandy if you have a tradition of winning but they have traditions of epic choke jobs and being losers.

I only feel bad for Kellain Lain of Vancouver, who was making his NHL debut and had his family in the stands. Dude was ejected immediately into this fight so he didn't even get to play. Otherwise, when Vanloser decides to play hockey and not try and goon their way into winning this is what they get.

I guess they can't compete otherwise.

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings game, I think being a bit aggressive was necessary to exact justice for what Brown did but it seemed to drag on and on. That's on Brown though too, he should have just dropped the gloves on the opening face off and got it over with. Instead he delays and his teammates are getting shotted all over the place because he is a coward.

Re-check what you just wrote.. DB and fighting don't even belong in the same sentence. How many times have we said that? "That's on Brown though too, he should have just dropped the gloves..."

He has missing teeth anyway, what's he afraid of? Messing up that beautiful mug?

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From TSN
Is the NHL ready to expand video review and when?

Bob McKenzie: I believe that Detroit goal on Saturday night was the tipping point for general managers. GMs in the past have overwhelmingly been against expanding video review but after Saturday night, I surveyed 23 NHL GMs and 22 of them said we cannot have a repeat of what happened on Saturday night. The one GM who didn't say that said they have to discuss what they're going to do. Now, how exactly they go about that is the controversial aspect. Some guys want the coach's challenge, some guys want it only to be on the very specific play where a puck comes off the mesh, and some guys want the referees to be able to review it at the penalty bench. It's all over the map and how they process this is the controversial aspect to it. But after that goal that was scored on Saturday night, many general managers said 'could you imagine if the Stanley Cup was decided on a goal like that.'