• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Krypton

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with that said, I like how Brainiac is NOT a krypton made problem...
I am not familiar with the comics background of Braniac. He is not traditionally a Kryptonian AI gone awry? How are the later versions explained in the books?

It seems like this show will portray him as a Galactus-like character.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not familiar with the comics background of Braniac. He is not traditionally a Kryptonian AI gone awry? How are the later versions explained in the books?

It seems like this show will portray him as a Galactus-like character.

pretty much exactly how the show explained him... he is an alien traveler who steals knowledge from other planets, and will shrink them and collect them as orbs....

When Brainiac visits krypton he was able to know that the planet was dying, so he didn't take the whole planet, he just took Kandor...

Superman, gets his hands on this Kandor Orb, and continually tries to un-shrink the people...

This is also integral to the REAL supergirl story-line, since her parents were one of the people shrunk and stuck in this Kandor ORB...

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a guild?

thumb.aspx

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked this a lot. Tons of potential here.

The brainiac change is a twist on Superman the animated series version except making it non-kryptonian.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like this, get a mirror and hold it in front of your face.

you probably won't fog it up.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's damn serendipitous/fortuitous to the plot that the space-time traveler from Earth speaks the Krypton language.

So....I would assume that either the traveler had been previously taught the Krypton language by Kal El (Superman) back on Earth, or the traveler is actually Kal El.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's damn serendipitous/fortuitous to the plot that the space-time traveler from Earth speaks the Krypton language.

So....I would assume that either the traveler had been previously taught the Krypton language by Kal El (Superman) back on Earth, or the traveler is actually Kal El.
I am not familiar with the character, but I believe Adam Strange is an established character in DC.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not familiar with the character, but I believe Adam Strange is an established character in DC.

Well, if he is not lying and is actually Adam Strange, then I suppose he was taught the Krypton language by Kal El......

......I know almost nothing about Adam Strange other than the Zeta Waves allowing interstellar-teleportation travel. I also thought Strange was supposed to be super smart (but I might be mistaken....again, I don't know much about him)....but this character claiming to be Strange doesn't come across as being very smart, rather, he seems to be kind of a doofus.....plus he smoke cigarettes, which is not very smart.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do comic book movies/shows often pay attention to the fact that civilizations on different planets would certainly have different languages? Or that they likely would not all be bipedal hairless apes? Or be essentially the same size-scale? Or be able to breath each other’s atmospheres?

I agree, though. I was actually thinking the same thing while watching, though I assumed the language would be referred to as Kandoran rather than Kryptonian. I have not spoken to anyone in Earthian in quite some time.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do comic book movies/shows often pay attention to the fact that civilizations on different planets would certainly have different languages? Or that they likely would not all be bipedal hairless apes? Or be essentially the same size-scale? Or be able to breath each other’s atmospheres?

I agree, though. I was actually thinking the same thing while watching, though I assumed the language would be referred to as Kandoran rather than Kryptonian. I have not spoken to anyone in Earthian in quite some time.

I don’t know much about strange, but I believe in young justice he has some kind of tech that let him understand alone languages. Like a hearing aid translator.

Also, why are kryptonians given a Gold Coast accent? First smallville now here.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make a good point about the breathing of the atmosphere, especially when they acknowledged that the show was based heavily on Man of Steel, which took time to make a distinct point to reference the different atmospheric conditions.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is one of the aspects I like about the SyFy Channel series The Expanse. The makers of the show treat the effects of being born in different gravity conditions in a realistic manner. A human born & raised on Mars has a hard time dealing with the heavier gravity of Earth.....and humans born & raised in one of the asteroid belt's stations/facilities cannot even survive long on Earth due to the crushing effects of the gravity....those folks (belters) must be submerged in water if visiting Earth.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one else watching this?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am watching. It just isn’t same-day must-see tv.

It is OK, But dry af.

It’s better than the arrowverse.

I’m excited for where it’s going.

But I like this Machiavellian political drama shit. ESP when it includes brainiac.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s better than the arrowverse.

I’m excited for where it’s going.

But I like this Machiavellian political drama shit. ESP when it includes brainiac.

:agree:.

I got caught up last.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:.

I got caught up last.

This and Suits are basically my must see TV shows right now.

McGuyver is my totally guilty pleasure. It fills my Burn Notice sized hole in my heart.