• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings recall list

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Manchester knocked out the cavalry can be called up. Looks like these boys will get their first taste of some action with the D injuries.

McNabb probably plays tomorrow night, he has NHL experience.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess Schultz is playing since he was called up for Mitchell. The person missing Forbort.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot Schultz was up, hopefully he steps in and does a good job. McNabb and Schultz are 6'5" and 6'6" respectively, hopefully the size helps slow the Ducks down.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From ESPN:
The Kings are scoring well, but their defensive depth became even shallower in victory: Veteran defenseman Jeff Schultz could make his debut for Los Angeles in Game 2 if injured Willie Mitchell and Robyn Regehr must sit out. Down to five healthy defensemen for much of Game 1 at Honda Center, the Kings still managed to limit the Ducks to two goals.

"I had a little chat with (coach Darryl Sutter), and he said, `Just go out there and play," said Schultz, who played for Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau in Washington during his 399 games of NHL experience. "It's hard to replace a guy like Robyn, but I feel like I'm capable of doing a similar job to what he can do."

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schultz isnt bad and can get the job done. Hes a Veteran with playoff experience so not too worried about him.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schultz isnt bad and can get the job done. Hes a Veteran with playoff experience so not too worried about him.

That playoff experience was 3 years ago however. While he has the experience, I wouldn't be overly confident with the guy.

He didn't dress all season long and is being thrown into a tough situation. Hopefully he delivers and the guys who have been steadies will help him and whoever (I'm assuming it'll be McNabb if Mitchell and Regehr are out) else.

We saw what happens when a guy who isn't used to the pressures of the playoffs is inserted (Muzzin) last season. He was abused big time and exploited.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine Schultz won't be asked to do too much. He'll most likely be paired with Martinez or Voynov and will take on the roll of Regehr as a stay-at-home guy. He's bigger and younger than Regehr so he should be able to handle the task of keeping the front of the net clear of Ducks. I'm not too worried. The Kings handled the Ducks with only 5 defensemen for the majority of Game 1 so he can only help.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings didn't play all that well either from what minimal I saw (kids), so hopefully they tighten up tonight and play their game.

Anaheim has a lot of speed, need to negate that and a majority of their chances will be taken away. They are a rushing, transitional team - make them play dump and chase and then pummel them.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings didn't play all that well either from what minimal I saw (kids), so hopefully they tighten up tonight and play their game.

Anaheim has a lot of speed, need to negate that and a majority of their chances will be taken away. They are a rushing, transitional team - make them play dump and chase and then pummel them.

Yup, that's what I saw from game 1. People say they Ducks are "lucky." I think they are opportunists.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that's what I saw from game 1. People say they Ducks are "lucky." I think they are opportunists.

Well, I think the Ducks ARE a pretty lucky team. I watched a lot of their games this season and they got a lot of breaks, but eventually those breaks stop happening.

They led the league in come back wins this season (26), which a lot of people ooh and ahh about. All that tells me is that they played poorly to begin with and were forced to play catch up. They also scored a bunch, but they also gave up a bunch.

The Kings did not play their game on Saturday whereas Anaheim did. And when it came down to locking it down, Anaheim could not get it done. The two games against SJ (Games 1-2) were anomalies, the Kings don't give up that many goals. The Kings score 3, and you can pretty much assure it's lights out because they play so well defensively. The Ducks owned play for good stretches at a time but the Kings system is designed to weather those storms, bend but not break and they did exactly that.

I think the Kings will have thanked the HGs that they squeaked out of Anaheim with a win, and will return to playing Kings hockey tonight. Transitional/speed/run and gun - whatever you wish to call it - hockey doesn't work against LA.

My only concern is that one, possibly two, defenders who have not played for the Kings will be inserted into the lineup and with that comes some issues - unfamiliarity with linemates, little details. Hopefully they are ready to go and it's a seamless transition.

Last edited by a moderator:

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shultz did well, made some key plays and was solid defensively.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, Muzzy missed his assignment.

Shocker.

=)~~

I will say he hasn't stood out this playoffs except Game 7 against SJ but he hasn't been absolutely mauled like he was last season either.

Earning a spot in the line up, but I don't feel comfortable having him be a first pair defender.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Muzzin doesn't belong on the 1st line D-pairing but that's where he needs to be. With the Kings best defenseman to cover up for a lot of his mistakes. I personally think he isn't as bad as everyone seems to think but like I've said numerous times:

I've never played this game other than pickup on an outdoor frozen pond among trees and bushes. It was always 4-on-4 at the most. Never had more than 8 guys who could ice skate. Most of the times it was 2 against 2 or 3 against 3. We never even had anyone as a goalie. If you got through the defense you scored. That is if your home-made stick held together. NHL hockey is a far cry from anything I ever played.

Ox