• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kidd and Stockton comparison.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't use "vs." in the thread title, because it's not supposed to be about one player being better.

Just more of a comparison where two guys rank in terms of best PGs during certain years, when compared to the league.

Apparently Bill Simmons hasn’t heard of Jason Kidd | The Wages of Wins Journal

Jason Kidd is an All-Time Great Point Guard | The Wages of Wins Journal

HqZnjFB.png

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my money, I liked Kidd a tad better in rebounding/defense. I would give John the jumper edge and passing was about the same.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Stockton, while both were good passers and good defensively Stockton was a way better shooter.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Stockton's defense better.

This did surprise me that Kidd was ranked the top PG by his 3rd year. And it also surprised me he was ranked so high even in his 2nd stint Dallas years. I thought he had dropped a bit (but became a better 3-point shooter).

But these ranks say that even during his first few Dallas years (during his 2nd stint), he was still great.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kidd had Stockton come in to work with his PGs in Milwaukee.

Antekoupolous or whatever the hell his name is, said that after a particularly hard practice, he thought, "who the F does is this Kidd and who does he think he is" when Kidd got on him. He looked it up and saw all Kidd's accomplishments and thought to himself, "I better listen to this guy."

I'm paraphrasing. If I weren't, I'd probably have his name spelled correctly.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Antekoupolous or whatever the hell his name is, said that after a particularly hard practice, he thought, "who the F does is this Kidd and who does he think he is" when Kidd got on him. He looked it up and saw all Kidd's accomplishments and thought to himself, "I better listen to this guy."

Thats pretty cool. Yeah you look at jason and you dont think he was such a great ball player, but he really was. He was as close to a scoring point in the non classical sense especially for the time as any player i can remember who possessed his skill set.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought I posted it in the Around The League thread, but I guess not.

Giannis Antetokounmpo was shocked to find out how good his coach Jason Kidd was as a player

The first time Kidd benched him, Antetokounmpo was irate. “I was like, ‘Let’s see what this guy did in his career, anyway,’ ”

Antetokounmpo recounts, and called up Kidd’s bio on his phone. “I saw Rookie of the Year, NBA championship, USA Olympic gold medal, second in assists, fifth in made threes, blah, blah, blah.

I was like, ‘Jesus freaking Christ, how can I compete with that? I better zip it.’”

Great interview, especially the end.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should show the Bucks team Kidd and Stockton practicing against each other.

That will show them some things.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Link? I can't find an article that says Bad-Ass Stockton was there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of these: Google

I thought you didn't like me posting links and articles. ;)

By the way, that's NOT just a blank Google page link. It's just this site auto-names them.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of these: Google

I thought you didn't like me posting links and articles. ;)

By the way, that's NOT just a blank Google page link. It's just this site auto-names them.

Wow, there's a video too!

Adding this to my @TODO list.