• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin White showing his speed in the OTAs

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Howard has the potential to be the biggest hanging matzo ball over BS's posting career (which is really saying something). A couple more years of consistent production and it'll be official. 4-5 years of consistent, high-level production is more than you get out of 99% of RB's that come through the league.

One of the best things about Howard, is that he's only 23. If he stays healthy, we're going to get a great bang for our buck out of him. He could rack up 10K rushing in a Bears uniform without breaking much of a sweat. He's on pace to hit 5k in two years, when he'll be 25. So far, he seems durable. We'll see if that continues.

I guess the big elephant in the room - is how things will change in this new offense. How pass heavy will we be?
I feel like we will still see Howard gashing teams for ten yard gains on many drives. Hopefully he has gotten better at receiving out of the backfield this offseason. He will never be LeVeon Bell in that regard, but he can improve to where defenses have to respect it. He should average more yards per carry for sure.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like we will still see Howard gashing teams for ten yard gains on many drives. Hopefully he has gotten better at receiving out of the backfield this offseason. He will never be LeVeon Bell in that regard, but he can improve to where defenses have to respect it. He should average more yards per carry for sure.

It's really just the drops that need to be cut-out. The difference a dropped check-down makes on 1st or 2nd down can be pivotal. Often the difference between 2nd/3rd and 10 or 2nd/3rd and 5. Which can mean everything towards extending a drive.

He doesn't need to be a good receiver. He just has to be good enough to keep teams honest and not be a liability.

Honestly, I think he's closer than a lot think. He had 28-298-1 in his rookie season. That's over 10 yards per reception. If we get that again, we should be more than fine.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last couple of years, the Howard jock riders were praising Howard's production "even though Howard is the lone weapon" and therefore defense would focus only on him for the entire game (lol).

Now with the new offense and additional weapons, Howard jock riders are hedging their bets. Their new explanation is, "his numbers will likely go down because there are other options on offense".

See the contradiction? Yeah, i didn't think so.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last couple of years, the Howard jock riders were praising Howard's production "even though Howard is the lone weapon" and therefore defense would focus only on him for the entire game (lol).

Now with the new offense and additional weapons, Howard jock riders are hedging their bets. Their new explanation is, "his numbers will likely go down because there are other options on offense".

Perhaps you could quote the post where anyone in this thread said Howard's numbers would go down.

I'll wait... you search. Go, monkey.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he gets better with the new offense, and you continue to be a smug bastard and refuse to claim he’s a good running back.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the embarrassment when I’m proven wrong. Dreading that day when the entire Bears sportshoopla community laugh in unison at my expense....lol. Sorry I couldn’t hold it any longer.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the embarrassment when I’m proven wrong. Dreading that day when the entire Bears sportshoopla community laugh in unison at my expense....lol. Sorry I couldn’t hold it any longer.

Proven wrong... like you just were when you couldn't find the post in this thread claiming Howard's numbers would drop.

The day has come, again. lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I think were gonna ride Howard this season. I think Nagy is watering at the mouth to run. The passing game will take more time to learn. Teams will have to stay back because of all the rpo's we will run. Howard is gonna have his best year yet.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proven wrong... like you just were when you couldn't find the post in this thread claiming Howard's numbers would drop.

The day has come, again. lol

You know better than to think i'm going to take orders from a monkey. Go do a search it's not that hard.

Oh yeah and if you don't do it, i guess you've been proven wrong! Whoa that's so easy. Awesome. (rolls eyes)

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think were gonna ride Howard this season. I think Nagy is watering at the mouth to run. The passing game will take more time to learn. Teams will have to stay back because of all the rpo's we will run. Howard is gonna have his best year yet.

I'll take that bet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know better than to think i'm going to take orders from a monkey. Go do a search it's not that hard.

Oh yeah and if you don't do it, i guess you've been proven wrong! Whoa that's so easy. Awesome. (rolls eyes)

Oops... what's that? The post doesn't exist...?

Checkmate, monkey.

Monkey couldn't fetch. Monkey loses.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it now. @BsGenius is a world class moron who revels in the hatred of anonymous people. It’s really a funny joke.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their hatred for me fuels me like heroine. Makes me feel alive.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their hatred for me fuels me like heroine. Makes me feel alive.

What exactly is... "heroine"?

Did you mean "heroin"?

It's okay, monkey. You spell good for a monkey with a drug problem.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh know. It’s the internet spelling cops.