• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin White showing his speed in the OTAs

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or so says John Mullin.

Takeaways from Bears OTA: Good things coming from Kevin White?

I'm like most of you in not factoring much of, if any, contributions from White this year. I said a while back that even a minimal contribution will be a plus. But if he indeed has regained his track-star speed, and of course if (and this is the ginormous IF) he can avoid injury, he may just be a factor in the offense. Not banking on it, but at least it's encouraging news for a change.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or so says John Mullin.

Takeaways from Bears OTA: Good things coming from Kevin White?

I'm like most of you in not factoring much of, if any, contributions from White this year. I said a while back that even a minimal contribution will be a plus. But if he indeed has regained his track-star speed, and of course if (and this is the ginormous IF) he can avoid injury, he may just be a factor in the offense. Not banking on it, but at least it's encouraging news for a change.

I read the other day, that he did have the most receptions of any Bear in their first 4 games played, (last year) in history, but the yardage to go along with those catches is underwhelming, to say the least.

Any contributions by him at this point, would be a plus. If he could regain even a semblance of his college-self, well, that would be a HUGE plus.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have had Amari Cooper....

:tsk:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, (w/out tagging him) Kevin White will not be back

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what happens, (w/out tagging him) Kevin White will not be back
I think it would take a minor miracle for White to return. But since he's on the team for this likely final year, might as well hope we get something out of him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If White has a bad year obviously he's gone
If White has a good year he'll say screw you Bears and leave.

Been watching some interviews with White so far, he sound disgruntled at the Bears for possibly not picking up his option.

What a horrible pick he turned out to be. Like I always say, never ever take a WR (or any peripheral position for that matter) with that high of a first round pick.

Yet year after year idiots continue to cry for WRs. Bear fans LOVE WRs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a wr early is fine if you hit. If you miss on any 7 pick it hurts. Point of my story, you need to hit with your pick. Position does not matter.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a wr early is fine if you hit. If you miss on any 7 pick it hurts. Point of my story, you need to hit with your pick. Position does not matter.

Position doesn't matter? So you would take a punter?

The positions that are closest to the trenches are the most important then you fan out from there. Idiots still don't get this.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If White has a bad year obviously he's gone
If White has a good year he'll say screw you Bears and leave.

Been watching some interviews with White so far, he sound disgruntled at the Bears for possibly not picking up his option.

What a horrible pick he turned out to be. Like I always say, never ever take a WR (or any peripheral position for that matter) with that high of a first round pick.

Yet year after year idiots continue to cry for WRs. Bear fans LOVE WRs.
You over exaggerate everything.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White's physical ability has never been the issue.

I mean, 19 receptions for 187 in the 3+ games he actually played in 2016 isn't bad. He was just starting to get going in Dallas and first half of the Detroit game he got hurt in too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, I could have swore White went first.

Vic Beasley is the guy we should have taken, who went right after at #8.

I remember REEEALLLY not wanting a WR, just in general. Our team was in such a hole after 2014, I thought we needed a core offensive/defensive player. Not a skill player. However, I convinced myself to get on board because White was quite the impressive player at WVU.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic Beasley is the guy we should have taken, who went right after at #8.

I remember REEEALLLY not wanting a WR, just in general. Our team was in such a hole after 2014, I thought we needed a core offensive/defensive player. Not a skill player. However, I convinced myself to get on board because White was quite the impressive player at WVU.

I wasn't hanging on this board back then, but Beasley was my pick as well. I know the Bears were pretty much committed to taking a wideout that year and if they were that hell bent, Cooper would have been my plan B. But of course the Raiders snatched him at 4, and White was the next WR up.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Hindsight is a funny thing. Every idiot in here wanted Beasley (rolls eyes).

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Hindsight is a funny thing. Every idiot in here wanted Beasley (rolls eyes).
Shut, moron. You wouldn’t know a good running back if he was on your team and dominating for 2 years already. You don’t know football at all.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you nuts? Beasley was highly rated on many draft boards and was probably the consensus choice as the top pure pass rusher in that draft. So he was far from being some type of 20/20 hindsight selection. Like many Bear fans, I was thinking D as our pick for that season, like I usually do, and it was between him and Danny Shelton on my particular wish list. But as we all know the Bears brass was thinking offense all the way and specifically a WR at that, which was why I had Amari Cooper as a plan B, so to speak. And White was without question the consensus #2 rated receiver prior to the draft, so that when Cooper was taken by the Raiders, it was already a foregone conclusion that White would be our pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you nuts? Beasley was highly rated on many draft boards and was probably the consensus choice as the top pure pass rusher in that draft. So he was far from being some type of 20/20 hindsight selection. Like many Bear fans, I was thinking D as our pick for that season, like I usually do, and it was between him and Danny Shelton on my particular wish list. But as we all know the Bears brass was thinking offense all the way and specifically a WR at that, which was why I had Amari Cooper as a plan B, so to speak. And White was without question the consensus #2 rated receiver prior to the draft, so that when Cooper was taken by the Raiders, it was already a foregone conclusion that White would be our pick.
I think at the time of our pick, Beasley was the consensus amongst knowledgeable fans and pundits alike. The Bears went with White instead. However, whenever BS is actually right about something he acts as if he was the only one to see it. His schtick has gotten pretty pathetic over the years. He’s just a troll and not a very good one at that.