• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Smoak

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a piece by Danny O'Neill on mynorthwest.com that asked whether Seager and Smoak's current paces were sustainable. I think, based on the track record of both players, it's easier to suggest that Seager's run is more sustainable than Smoak's. Smoak is just going to have to show that it's sustainable, as he has lost the benefit of the doubt with a lot of fans. It's encouraging to see him do what he's doing now. I hope he keeps it up and I think he will.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a piece by Danny O'Neill on mynorthwest.com that asked whether Seager and Smoak's current paces were sustainable. I think, based on the track record of both players, it's easier to suggest that Seager's run is more sustainable than Smoak's. Smoak is just going to have to show that it's sustainable, as he has lost the benefit of the doubt with a lot of fans. It's encouraging to see him do what he's doing now. I hope he keeps it up and I think he will.

I've been one of Smoak's most vocal critics and I will honestly state that this run has caused me to have much more optimism about Smoak. If you ask me he just looks a lot more patient at the plate, a lot more confident. Maybe it is all in my head but he just looks like a different guy up at the plate.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been one of Smoak's most vocal critics and I will honestly state that this run has caused me to have much more optimism about Smoak. If you ask me he just looks a lot more patient at the plate, a lot more confident. Maybe it is all in my head but he just looks like a different guy up at the plate.

The sad part is I wish the all star break wasn't happening now, these guys are rolling and it could mess with some of the younger guys and their approach at the plate...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This right here I think perfectly sums up my thoughts as well. Not that I think he is going to be an all star but at least if I'm watching the game now on tv I don't automatically change the channel when he comes up to bat.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing with Smoak is that even when he was struggling, he continued to be extremely patient at the plate. He averages about 45-50 walks per season in less than 500 AB's. The only thing that's noticable to me is the fact that he's more confident. :)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not as worried about the power numbers with Smoak as some people are. When a guy is coming out of some serious struggles like Smoak was/is, the last thing to come back is the power hitting and I think, for him, it's on the verge of coming back. He has the power to hit homeruns in bunches when he's locked in and the patience to wait for the pitch he wants, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he went from 7 homers at the all-star break to 20 or more by the end of the season as long as he continues with the approach of just hitting the ball hard somewhere every time.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure nobody cares about his power numbers at this point.

All anybody wants is for him to make solid contact more often. He's doing that lately. He's done it in brief stints before. We'll see if it's real in the next few months.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I shorted him a homerun. He actually has 8.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks dude. It is interesting for sure, though I don't really put stock in those comparisons.

But Smoak is doing better. Let's just hope that his performance over the past 162 games becomes the norm rather than have it be a brief anomaly.