• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Justin Simmons

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Justin Simmons’ versatility is crucial to the future of Broncos’ secondary – BSN Denver

Interesting read from BSN on Justin Simmons. He is apparently practicing at S - Nickel - and CB. His interception a day or so ago - was out of the nickel back against the slot receiver - as he apparently flew horizontal to the ground and plucked the ball out of the air for an interception at camp.

If Simmons can handle this kind of versatility - it gives the Broncos dramatic options on defense - even against the no huddle offense. I think this is good thinking on the Broncos part.

Two guys who really good ball skills - Bradley Roby and Justin Simmons are going to take a lot of snaps - with what appears a front seven that can put pressure on the QB and stop the run.

With a healthy Shane Ray - the Broncos have the same thing going by lining up Chubb - Ray and Miller to rush the passer (lots of options).

If it doesn't get too complex - I like the concepts here.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
add in Walker and Harris at NT in that mix and QB's better have one speedy release.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Simmons a lot but don't feel like he has any enforcer in him. A good safety for sure but I wish we had more of the nasty on the back end. Someone has to be there to pull Crabtree's chain.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Simmons a lot but don't feel like he has any enforcer in him. A good safety for sure but I wish we had more of the nasty on the back end. Someone has to be there to pull Crabtree's chain.

I get the picture that Cravens is the highbred Safety/LB - and Simmons is asked to be a Hybred S/CB.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a quote from Vic after yesterday's win over Cleveland ..

Q : Did you like ( upcoming FA ) Justin Simmons going into the draft ??

Vic: "That’s a good question," Fangio said. "I don’t remember, but I do like him now. I’ve liked him early on from getting here. I do like Justin, I think he’s a really good player and I see a bright future for him in a Broncos uniform.”