• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jung Ho Kang investigation

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is probably going bring in some trolls, but i think its worthy of its own thread.

Guilty or a false claim to try to score some cash, either way this is drama we dont need.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a rule, I believe the victims, and this is no exception. She said he drugged her, and there's a decent chance that could be picked up in a test around the time she got the r*pe kit. If this is true--and it likely is--he'll be convicted, and he's a monster.

Kang was my favorite player. It's selfish to make this about me, but this kind of tears me up.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Darkstone I tend to believe the victim even though innocent until proven guilty.
The fact he picked up a girl from some app while on the road to come to his hotel room is WAY TOO many red flags. Have a feeling his season is over if not his MLB Tenure (ala Hector Oliveria).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with Darkstone I tend to believe the victim even though innocent until proven guilty.
The fact he picked up a girl from some app while on the road to come to his hotel room is WAY TOO many red flags. Have a feeling his season is over if not his MLB Tenure (ala Hector Oliveria).

He's pinch hitting tonight, which I don't like. I'd hold him out until the investigation gets truly underway. If he's innocent, no problem, but if he's guilty, we just willingly and knowingly allowed a rapist to represent the Pirates on a baseball diamond.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's pinch hitting tonight, which I don't like. I'd hold him out until the investigation gets truly underway. If he's innocent, no problem, but if he's guilty, we just willingly and knowingly allowed a rapist to represent the Pirates on a baseball diamond.

Yeah I agree that is bad and he should not play but I can see the fiasco that could occur by holding him out by the players unions in the fact that he is innocent until proven guilty.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree that is bad and he should not play but I can see the fiasco that could occur by holding him out by the players unions in the fact that he is innocent until proven guilty.

He'll still get paid. And Freese has been hitting better than him lately anyway. There's a performance-related excuse for it. They don't have to use him, they shouldn't.

If they released him, that would be different. And they can't suspend him under the current CBA without league action first. But they don't have to let him represent the team and the city on the field.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll still get paid. And Freese has been hitting better than him lately anyway. There's a performance-related excuse for it. They don't have to use him, they shouldn't.

If they released him, that would be different. And they can't suspend him under the current CBA without league action first. But they don't have to let him represent the team and the city on the field.

Very true and great point. There truly isn't any logical reason they would use him, it doesn't look good.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The article about this on TRIB LIVE said Kang may be placed on paid leave for up to seven days while the investigation is underway. That seems a short time to me considering how long criminal investigations can take and may explain why he's not on leave yet. The Pirates are in a tough situation here roster wise until the investigation progresses further. They need to change the rule to allow a player under investigation for a serious crime to be put on paid leave until the investigation completes and they are either charged or not. Then a decision to suspend indefinitely could be made. Of course, I'm assuming leave or suspension allows the team to make a roster move and replace the suspended player.

Last edited:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and great point. There truly isn't any logical reason they would use him, it doesn't look good.
True but as I pointed pout in Post #8 the Pirates hands may be tied in this case.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article about this on TRIB LIVE said Kang may be placed on paid leave for up to seven days while the investigation is underway. That seems a short time to me considering how long criminal investigations can take and may explain why he's not on leave yet. The Pirates are in a tough situation here roster wise until the investigation progresses further. They need to change the rule to allow a player under investigation for a serious crime to be put on paid leave until the investigation completes and they are either charged or not. Then a decision to suspend indefinitely could be made. Of course, I'm assuming leave or suspension allows the team to make a roster move and replace the suspended player.

I wonder if the restricted list could be used to this end. Kang could leave for the "personal reasons" of the investigation. There isn't a time limit on the restricted list.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the restricted list could be used to this end. Kang could leave for the "personal reasons" of the investigation. There isn't a time limit on the restricted list.
Good idea!!!!!!! If the restricted list can't be used then the rule should be changed ASAP to allow that type of use!!!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but as I pointed pout in Post #8 the Pirates hands may be tied in this case.
Yeah sort of what I mentioned earlier but to the point just have him ride the bench. There is nothing stopping them from doing that.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sort of what I mentioned earlier but to the point just have him ride the bench. There is nothing stopping them from doing that.
True nothing stopping them but it would shorten the bench by one player and hurt the team most when they need a pinch hitter late in games. And if someone gets a day-to-day injury now you're down 2 players. This is a no win situation that demands an admin solution. The TRIB article mentioned that admin action in this case is now in the hands of MLB front office. I don't think the Pirates can take any action including benching him, MLB has to take action first which seems dumb to me.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True nothing stopping them but it would shorten the bench by one player and hurt the team most when they need a pinch hitter late in games. And if someone gets a day-to-day injury now you're down 2 players. This is a no win situation that demands an admin solution. The TRIB article mentioned that admin action in this case is now in the hands of MLB front office. I don't think the Pirates can take any action including benching him, MLB has to take action first which seems dumb to me.
Yeah I agree. This really not only hinders their bench but also with him around it can cause some clubhouse drama that isn't needed.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree. This really not only hinders their bench but also with him around it can cause some clubhouse drama that isn't needed.
Agree. If any of the players/coaches have read the reports they have to be wondering if a monster is in the clubhouse with them. And that can't be a comfortable situation for anybody!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I for sure would have a hard time trusting him or having his back after this. I know it's very early in the reporting, and very little is known, and charges haven't even been filed yet, but just the implication would make me look at him differently. And that can't be good for the clubhouse, either othering a player or being forced to possibly stand behind and support and trust a monster.

I mean, I don't know much of anything about this yet, but I already want him gone. But the best I can do to that end is drop him from my fantasy team. I've resigned myself to the reality that my one-time favorite player is a terrible person, and I'm convinced of it already. He could be proven completely innocent for all I know, and I guess I'll feel bad for abandoning him and thinking of him so poorly, but I'd rather that than supporting and trusting a rapist.

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is room between Darkstone's approach and the Mets fans.

http://deadspin.com/jose-reyes-cheered-by-mets-fans-upon-return-after-domes-1783190751

That said, I understand your stance. I am by no means supporting a rapist but I will wait until more information is gathered until I cast judgement.

As far as from a baseball standpoint...

Maybe this explains why he has sucked ass the past 3 weeks or so. Either way it would be best if they could just stash him somewhere, such as the restricted list (as suggested above) until more information is gathered. Surely he would agree to that. Then Bell can be called up. Being down a bench player would suck, but at least we have Rodriguez who can play any position and the versatile Frazier. Also 3 outfielders who can play center field. And a very capable backup 3B.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is room between Darkstone's approach and the Mets fans.

http://deadspin.com/jose-reyes-cheered-by-mets-fans-upon-return-after-domes-1783190751

That said, I understand your stance. I am by no means supporting a rapist but I will wait until more information is gathered until I cast judgement.

As far as from a baseball standpoint...

Maybe this explains why he has sucked ass the past 3 weeks or so. Either way it would be best if they could just stash him somewhere, such as the restricted list (as suggested above) until more information is gathered. Surely he would agree to that. Then Bell can be called up. Being down a bench player would suck, but at least we have Rodriguez who can play any position and the versatile Frazier. Also 3 outfielders who can play center field. And a very capable backup 3B.
I agree. Maybe he can develop one of those unspecified injuries that require a 7 or 15 day stint on the DL.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully I am surprised they haven't found an "injury" already.