• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

JULY 30-31 Rangers @ Arizona.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to leave your job and friends. He has been through a lot

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearn reported he is thrilled to come home to play for the Rangers. His Mom and family can watch him play. Sounds like a nice situation.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So here are 2 definite additions. Neither on immediate 25 IMO

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps after waivers and offseason more moves can be made. Belte is a longshot but maybe Choo and Monor in offseason. Maybe Profar too and Elvis could opt or even new contract renegotiate.

Will be interesting how new wave of relievers do. Will see how 2019 rotation shapes up

I read that supposedly it’s easier to move position players in the off-season so you might be on to something there.

I think people need to realize that Beltre probably isn’t retiring and both he and Elvis will be back next year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that supposedly it’s easier to move position players in the off-season so you might be on to something there.

I think people need to realize that Beltre probably isn’t retiring and both he and Elvis will be back next year.

I don't think it is easier to move position players. It's pitching is a much bigger demand. Always will be.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot the total, but we drafted a lot of arms this year and now traded for some more. Something has to come out of the other end. :)

I heard someone today - believe it was 'tha Goose' - talking about how the minor league pipeline has to produce. Not all of them of course.....But you need to have 10 AA's to have 3/4/5 AAA's, in order to have A STARTER or two with the big club.....Made sense to me

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is easier to move position players. It's pitching is a much bigger demand. Always will be.

His a tint: 'Crawler....how many positon players got moved today and in the previos few days/weeks vs pitchers?

I'm mathmatically confused myself, but it sure seems the percentage is 'listing toward arms' anyway.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps after waiv ers and offseason more moves can be made. Belte is a longshot but maybe Choo and Monor in offseason. Maybe Profar too and Elvis could opt or even new contract renegotiate.

Beltre I agee with, and wonder if we don't try and move Choo through waviers this season. Frankly, I'm a little surpiresed he hasn't gantered more interest to date.....Hell, every team has to know we'll eat some salary, and this guy, from an offensive standpoint, is elite.....IMO very ELITE.

Can't imagne Minor wouldn't be. But then again, I kind of wonder why teams wanted Hamels instead of him to begin with.......Elvis is limited by not what he produces, but by the position he plays......Lordy, the AL is so FULL of truly terrific SS.....And I still wonder what Profars value is? Not only to them, but us.....Where's this guys head now? I'm clueless.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre I agee with, and wonder if we don't try and move Choo through waviers this season. Frankly, I'm a little surpiresed he hasn't gantered more interest to date.....Hell, every team has to know we'll eat some salary, and this guy, from an offensive standpoint, is elite.....IMO very ELITE.

I’m guessing a combination of his age, contract, and injury history.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The question of the day now all is done for mow

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate that from guys like Hamels and Diekman.

Absolutely!.....What's not to like?......However, I did hear a quote from Kela this morning and he sounded bitter....maybe VERY much so.......didn't get his feel myself.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't imagne Minor wouldn't be. But then again, I kind of wonder why teams wanted Hamels instead of him to begin with.......Elvis is limited by not what he produces, but by the position he plays......Lordy, the AL is so FULL of truly terrific SS.....And I still wonder what Profars value is? Not only to them, but us.....Where's this guys head now? I'm clueless.

Agree that pitching is always more in demand off-season than position players. Most know but I think a guy like Beltre and Choo would clear waivers in August where LeClerc would be claimed immediately.

We did not hear a whisper for Choo during this trade deadline so in offseason it may be bad contract for bad contract as best chance. Hope we can open up a spot

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's healthy now, we'll eat some dough, and there ain't none of us getting any younger......DEAL

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm in contention, my money will be on best pitching available rather than a DH with a combination of age, contract and injury history especially in the Nat'l league.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Ephland (guru) oh most high one, a split is almost certain as predicted.