• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

josh malone hype?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some kid who we drafted in the 4th round. we'll never play him, and he'll be a star somewhere else.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Tyler Boyd driving thru College Hill yesterday.....another bust draft pick.

He drives an Infiniti SUV with the plate TBOYD 12. Question: Has a white person ever purchased an Infiniti? I’ve never seen a white dude driving one!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Tyler Boyd driving thru College Hill yesterday.....another bust draft pick.

He drives an Infiniti SUV with the plate TBOYD 12. Question: Has a white person ever purchased an Infiniti? I’ve never seen a white dude driving one!

wait, remember when tyler boyd was pwning our db's in camp last year?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's good.... Who knows? He had a horrible college coach. He didn't seem anything special last year.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's good.... Who knows? He had a horrible college coach. He didn't seem anything special last year.

In all fairness, he wasn't given much of a chance last year either. I am not really sure who the hell we threw the ball to last year, because Eifert was hurt, Green had a good year of course, Lefell had an average year, Kroft had a coming out party, and then after that we didn't throw to anyone else based off my memory. Some smatterings here and there, but Boyd, Core, Ross, Malone, Erickson were all ignored basically. Who the hell did we throw the football to?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, he wasn't given much of a chance last year either. I am not really sure who the hell we threw the ball to last year, because Eifert was hurt, Green had a good year of course, Lefell had an average year, Kroft had a coming out party, and then after that we didn't throw to anyone else based off my memory. Some smatterings here and there, but Boyd, Core, Ross, Malone, Erickson were all ignored basically. Who the hell did we throw the football to?

Umm.... I remember Dalton getting killed in the pocket with the defense only rushing 4. Hard to know if the line was really that bad, the receivers couldn't get open or some combination of the two. Regardless, the whole offense stunk.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm.... I remember Dalton getting killed in the pocket with the defense only rushing 4. Hard to know if the line was really that bad, the receivers couldn't get open or some combination of the two. Regardless, the whole offense stunk.

In fairness to the WR's, it may take a few seconds to try and separate from NFL quality DB's. If your QB is already on his back or throwing the ball out of bounds by the time you get to the top of your route, there is not much you can do.

O-line was pretty damn bad. Hard to remember how well oline blocked during those moments when those young guys were given a chance.

I really do not mind our oline this year. Kinda excited to see how it shapes up. Granted, will take time to learn new system, gel with new guys, rookie center, need to figure out RT still, etc. But I think there is no way this line could be anywhere near as bad as last years line. That was prolifically bad.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness to the WR's, it may take a few seconds to try and separate from NFL quality DB's. If your QB is already on his back or throwing the ball out of bounds by the time you get to the top of your route, there is not much you can do.

O-line was pretty damn bad. Hard to remember how well oline blocked during those moments when those young guys were given a chance.

I really do not mind our oline this year. Kinda excited to see how it shapes up. Granted, will take time to learn new system, gel with new guys, rookie center, need to figure out RT still, etc. But I think there is no way this line could be anywhere near as bad as last years line. That was prolifically bad.

I'm not terribly impressed, but that's only because there was so much work to be done. We're counting on a rookie center and a LT that has to show that he's over a significant injury. We also still don't have a right tackle and we have only one good guard. The one thing that I think might help is a new coach with a new scheme. There is a chance that the new coach could get more out of some of these guys that have talent. And Lazor has had an entire year to work with the unit to develop his own plan. They should be better.... But I still think they'll struggle at times.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollack is bringing a brand new scheme. He is bringing zone blocking to our offensive line, something we have not had since Paul Alexander took over. That was a long time ago. Plus, instead of waiting to react to the defenses first move, our Oline is supposed to be reaching out and getting their hands on guys immediately. Lazor is also going away from the west coast. The whole playbook is basically different. Not sure how much more different a new HC could make that versus the transformation from last year to this year.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pollack is bringing a brand new scheme. He is bringing zone blocking to our offensive line, something we have not had since Paul Alexander took over. That was a long time ago. Plus, instead of waiting to react to the defenses first move, our Oline is supposed to be reaching out and getting their hands on guys immediately. Lazor is also going away from the west coast. The whole playbook is basically different. Not sure how much more different a new HC could make that versus the transformation from last year to this year.

As Marvin would say, "I see better than I hear....." While I'm pleased that they are supposedly making radical changes, I'm still skeptical that it will amount to much.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Marvin would say, "I see better than I hear....." While I'm pleased that they are supposedly making radical changes, I'm still skeptical that it will amount to much.

I can understand that response. I am excited for the change, but still curious how it will unfold.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malone has some quality flashes. I think he's the 1 guy that is a true outside WR that can lineup opposite of AJ.

Brandon is OK, but his best days are behind him, and Ross and Boyd are better suited to be slot guys, IMO.