• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joseph -“Chad Kelly is our second string QB”

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people have to remember, we are fans. Elway has his @ss on the line. If Keenum were to go down and he started a QB with no experience he puts himself and the staff in terrible position. You have to look at it through their glasses not ours. I want Kelly too, but it is logical as to why he would want a guy with experience backing up his starter.
Not sure our ownership is so fickle. Regardless, there's also the possibility Kelly would fill in just fine. Patriots held on pretty well after Drew Bledsoe went down. There are other, not as prolific examples, where the young inexperienced guy filled in just fine as well.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen so far of Kelly - he's got that good QB's confidence to make quick decisions on the football field. Kelly throws the ball in clean passing lanes (no blocked passes) - he throws a dart of a football with pace - and hits receivers in stride. On the deep pass - he needs to put some loft under some throws -when his receiver is free on coverage.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Kelly looks like he has the makings of a nfl qb. I was down on his maturity issues while he was coming up, but he looks good. I want to see him with the ones

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that Chad Kelly is in a similar position that Rosen is in with the Cardinals. So based on the above logic, Glennon or Bridgewater wouldn't make much sense for the Broncos either......

I don’t think you understand. Rosen and Darnold were invested first round picks. Kelly was the last pick in the draft. He isn’t going to be pushed along as fast. We’re also talking about the Cardinals and Jets, two totally rebuilding teams. We’re also talking about what appears to be a totally different philosophy. And we’re talking about one of two teams that already has their backup QB in place this year when their rookie takes over (Jets with McCown) and another team which paid their starting QB tons of money while drafting a rookie, so yeah Glennon and Bridgewater don’t make a lot of sense for the Jets and Cardinals to have around as a 3rd string QB. Denver wants someone who can be a backup to Keenum while Kelly comes from behind and gets the reps. I’m not saying it is my philosophy either. It is Elway’s. He is the one that claimed he wasn’t comfortable with the options after Keenum. Me personally? I’d love Chad Kelly to be the backup. I’ve been a fan since his JR year at Ole Miss.

We also need to see Kelly play a first team defense before we can say we're fully comfortable with him. Elway seems him in practice every day, we do not. The knock on Kelly has always been he plays better then he practices. So I can't comment on what goes on in practice.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure our ownership is so fickle. Regardless, there's also the possibility Kelly would fill in just fine. Patriots held on pretty well after Drew Bledsoe went down. There are other, not as prolific examples, where the young inexperienced guy filled in just fine as well.

Are we going to compare Kelly to Tom Brady already? What are the chances? Sure, it would be great.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember though that Kelly was thought be in the 1st or 2nd round if not for off the field issues and injury. The talent is there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well aware. I had him 8th overall before his SR year to the Bears.

But I am talking about the investment. a 1st rounder is always going to be pushed into action a lot quicker.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well aware. I had him 8th overall before his SR year to the Bears.

But I am talking about the investment. a 1st rounder is always going to be pushed into action a lot quicker.

Paxton would beg to differ. He is the exception then the rule.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing 12 days or less is the length of time his Bronco career has left.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just hang on to Lynch. He still has a lot of supporters. There's , let see Crash and um..Crash.........and uh.....those other guys.......

LGM dont scroll down the screen if you do your eyes will be burnt !

Go Fuck yourself you mother fucker!

I said he was gone. I said we should have played him from the start last year because some players need game time. this places class has gone to an all-time low I have no desire to post here anymore.

also, you are petulant child

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought Lynch was going to unseat Kennum for starting gig, he gets punked by a guy that's missed almost as many years as Lynch has been a Bronco.Never saw that coming.

Swag is a fucking studd...The Broncos drafted Lynch in the first round and didn't want to look like a fucking dumbass organization last year for missing so poorly on him so they gave him every opportunity to succeed ... But this year they can't hide it from the fans anymore..

I'm telling you Chad has just got the "it" factor going... That's how he was in college and it's just how he is wired. I can't explain exactly what the "it" is but he is gritty and he just finds a way to win game... Only reason he was Mr. Irrelevant is because of his checked past and his knee injury... Nothing to do with arm strength or talent...

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they trade for Bridgewater?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reasons I can think of

1) Not sure about Case
2) Not sure about Swag
3) Do not want to be an a situation like OAK in 2016. Playoff team starting an rookie QB cauae Case went down week 14.

I highly doubt Teddy is in the Broncos plans.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only reasons I can think of

1) Not sure about Case
2) Not sure about Swag
3) Do not want to be an a situation like OAK in 2016. Playoff team starting an rookie QB cauae Case went down week 14.

I highly doubt Teddy is in the Broncos plans.

When they went out and got Keenum I thought they felt like he was the guy. Bridgewater will more than likely have a high price tag.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LGM dont scroll down the screen if you do your eyes will be burnt !

Go Fuck yourself you mother fucker!

I said he was gone. I said we should have played him from the start last year because some players need game time. this places class has gone to an all-time low I have no desire to post here anymore.

also, you are petulant child

Ya know, Crash. I never get involved in these kinds of things but isn't that a tad harsh? Please don't yell at me. I'm the reigning POTM but my skin is quite thin and I would shrivel under combative scrutiny. This is a Broncos board where opinions are freely shared and celebrated. I would hate to see it turn into something where people couldn't be honest with their opinions. Now of course, LGM does utilize humor to the point where it crosses poster's good senses!

Anyway, the love of our Denver Broncos should keep us together, IMO. We like having you post here and would be glad to see that continue!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elway wants to win now, and doesn't' want to lose games due to an inexperienced QB. This is the only reason I can think of.

IMO there are not enough NFL QBs for each team to have a legit starter, so to bring in a vet to be the backup hoping they ware gong to be better is the wrong mentality. In the unfortunate occasion that there is an injury let Kelly get some experience. It would also allow us to only carry 2 QBs and keep an extra person at one of the deeper positions.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and why yall gotta cuss on here? I read this while at work. Show some class.