• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jones vs Cormier II

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STOP GIVING MAIA TITLE FIGHTS. He is boring as all hell, a one trick pony and has no chance vs the elites.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones KO's DC in the 3rd with a head kick that left DC dazed. Finished him seconds later. Once the champ, always the champ. Great fight overall

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones KO's DC in the 3rd with a head kick that left DC dazed. Finished him seconds later. Once the champ, always the champ. Great fight overall
Set him up with the leg kicks and backpeddeling, Cormier had no clue the head shot was coming. Thought DC took round 1 and depending on how much a judge values ring control took round 2 (but likely was 2-0 Jones either way). Good fight, Jones is a world class tool but he is the best there has ever been and maybe ever will be. He has fought the best fighters out of any current champion and dismanteled them. Has never had a true loss either.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not expect that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set him up with the leg kicks and backpeddeling, Cormier had no clue the head shot was coming. Thought DC took round 1 and depending on how much a judge values ring control took round 2 (but likely was 2-0 Jones either way). Good fight, Jones is a world class tool but he is the best there has ever been and maybe ever will be. He has fought the best fighters out of any current champion and dismanteled them. Has never had a true loss either.

He definitely rope a doped him. Came out strong and then backed off halfway thru the 1st to the point where DC might have won the round (I gave it to Jones, could go either way). Then the 2nd was nothing but backpeddling with body shots like you said. DC wasn't moving his head all fight and he never saw it. Jones just has too many weapons. DC looked way better this fight, best he's looked in any fight in some time imo, and it still wasn't enough.

As for the rest of the card, Woodley/Maia was shit. Lawler/Cerrone was the great brawl everyone hoped it would be. The Cyborg fight was predictable but entertaining. Very good show overall

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely rope a doped him. Came out strong and then backed off halfway thru the 1st to the point where DC might have won the round (I gave it to Jones, could go either way). Then the 2nd was nothing but backpeddling with body shots like you said. DC wasn't moving his head all fight and he never saw it. Jones just has too many weapons. DC looked way better this fight, best he's looked in any fight in some time imo, and it still wasn't enough.

As for the rest of the card, Woodley/Maia was shit. Lawler/Cerrone was the great brawl everyone hoped it would be. The Cyborg fight was predictable but entertaining. Very good show overall
How is any fight Cyborg fights in legal? It really is reddiculous.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not expect that.
I did. DC is no Jones. There is no one more exciting and no one that can beat you in so many ways than Jones.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did. DC is no Jones. There is no one more exciting and no one that can beat you in so many ways than Jones.

I figured with Jones having so much time off, that he would have a lot of rust. So much time off is my reason. I agree you about Jones being able to beat you in so many ways. Conor is pretty frickin exciting.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured with Jones having so much time off, that he would have a lot of rust. So much time off is my reason. I agree you about Jones being able to beat you in so many ways. Conor is pretty frickin exciting.
Too bad he is overly concerned with circus acts than actually fighting.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was the only one to take the under 4.5 rounds here on tHoop and won a little SportsHoopla cash....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesnar vs Jones is gonna be very interesting.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with both in their primes.....Anderson Silva would beat Jones.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad he is overly concerned with circus acts than actually fighting.

Anyone would do what Conor is doing when it can make you huge money "fighting" Floyd. I wont pay to see that shit.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone would do what Conor is doing when it can make you huge money "fighting" Floyd. I wont pay to see that shit.
Dana White only wants clown act. Punished Woodley for being a 'boring fight' yet what the hell was GSP? GSP was the most boring champion, all he did was play for points. Unentertaining fighter.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesnar vs Jones is gonna be very interesting.

Its only going to be interesting if Jones boxes towards the head or tries to wrestle. Brock cannot take damage to the body, everyone knows that, if he cannot pound on Jones for the first two minutes and knock him out, Jones would eventually go to the body and double Lesnar over.

My point is that Jones just got his title back from this poster boy champ in what used to be the most exciting division. You would think Dana would force Jones to concentrate on the title defense.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana White only wants clown act. Punished Woodley for being a 'boring fight' yet what the hell was GSP? GSP was the most boring champion, all he did was play for points. Unentertaining fighter.

I don't blame Woodley for not wanting to go to the ground with Maia. He stopped 21 takedowns. That takes skill. It was his best strategy. When they were standing Woodley did more damage. Dana could use some more loyalty to Champions like Woodley.

Last edited by a moderator:

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Woodley for not wanting to go to the ground with Maia. He stopped 21 takedowns. That takes skill. It was his best strategy. When they were standing Woodley did more damage. Dana could use some more loyalty to Champions like Woodley.
Im not sure what was expected from this fight. This pretty much was exactly what i expected. Woodley is genetically just incredibly far and away the superior athlete in this fight and there was no way in hell Maia was ever going to take him down my only thought was that he was going to somehow going to get a standing choke or somehow jump on his back. Woodley is just to damn strong all the way around. Woodley takes no chances and never does anything but take the Floyd Mayweather route of winning the fight. While it was overall a boring fight. My only qualm with the fight was woodley not going after Damien when he knocked him down with the straight right in what i believe was the third round and let Damien get back up. I was a bit disappointed in that. Otherwise par for the course. GSP and Woodley would be a boring ass fight most likely and i think Dana fears that in a return fight for GSP would be a disaster. That being said, it makes sense for him to fight Bisping as far as a entertaining bout goes. Though the technical warfare that would be the GSP Woodley fight would be amazing. That fight will eventually take place i would assume. Now the real disaster would be GSP losing to Bisping, but if i were to bet my bottom dollar, less Woodley is correct in assuming GSP returned for money, GSP would absolutely go after a stoppage if he were behind on the cards, and if he is as good as we all thought he was then he would be able to stop Bisping. What remains to be seen is just how good was GSP really? We will find out.