• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Gruden about Jay's clock mgt

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just posting all type of shit,. not reading them.

This ^^^^ made me laugh. You may not wanna say that too many more times. That said, I can't say you or others questioning the taking of TO there are wrong. At the same time, I'm not upset with Jay for taking one there either. As it looks like he's not quite sure what he wants to do in that situation.

Not coming up with the 1st dn on CT's run I think fucked Jay up. And in that situation. I'd much rather he call a time out and compose himself. As opposed to calling something willy nilly or end up with a delay of game.

Still think calling two plays one to follow the other, isn't the worst thing one could do in that situation.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^ made me laugh. You may not wanna say that too many more times. That said, I can't say you or others questioning the taking of TO there are wrong. At the same time, I'm not upset with Jay for taking one there either. As it looks like he's not quite sure what he wants to do in that situation.

Not coming up with the 1st dn on CT's run I think fucked Jay up. And in that situation. I'd much rather he call a time out and compose himself. As opposed to calling something willy nilly or end up with a delay of game.

Still think calling two plays one to follow the other, isn't the worst thing one could do in that situation.

It left KC time to beat us. So how am I Wrong? the proof is that we lost. If he doenst call timeout the Chiefs don't have time to beat us. Of course you don't understand that

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It left KC time to beat us. So how am I Wrong? the proof is that we lost. If he doenst call timeout the Chiefs don't have time to beat us. Of course you don't understand that

Please learn to read. He specifically said you were not wrong.

You love using the result because it is a possible result as proof. Had the play worked, we would have won. Then we would have evidence and you wouldn't be wrong either.

If he doesn't call timeout and we pick up the first instead of going to the end zone, we may not have as good a shot for the end zone.

We all understand you refuse to acknowledge there are two ways to turn because you are an ambiturner.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please learn to read. He specifically said you were not wrong.

You love using the result because it is a possible result as proof. Had the play worked, we would have won. Then we would have evidence and you wouldn't be wrong either.

If he doesn't call timeout and we pick up the first instead of going to the end zone, we may not have as good a shot for the end zone.

We all understand you refuse to acknowledge there are two ways to turn because you are an ambiturner.

for the 1000 time the game wasn't over if Doctoson makes the catch. You want to give Gruden a free pass on the timeout then Gruden cant do no wrong for the rest of this season. Par for the course on this board. Regardless if it was a TD or not. It was bad call calling TO in that point in the game. You guys want to give him a free pass so be it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the 1000 time the game wasn't over if Doctoson makes the catch. You want to give Gruden a free pass on the timeout then Gruden cant do no wrong for the rest of this season. Par for the course on this board. Regardless if it was a TD or not. It was bad call calling TO in that point in the game. You guys want to give him a free pass so be it.

No - we want to move on - jeez.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week Gruden is a genius clock manager,,, next week he's an idiot. Did we win the game,, great clock manager,, did we lose,,, dumbshit at its finest. I can promise you that all coaches, even the great ones have clock management mishaps. You got the players on the field,, people talking in your ear... crowd making it impossible to think... Give the man a break and count your blessings. He could be as bad a Jason Garret.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One week Gruden is a genius clock manager,,, next week he's an idiot. Did we win the game,, great clock manager,, did we lose,,, dumbshit at its finest. I can promise you that all coaches, even the great ones have clock management mishaps. You got the players on the field,, people talking in your ear... crowd making it impossible to think... Give the man a break and count your blessings. He could be as bad a Jason Garret.

So do you admit it was bad clock mgt?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this game yes,,, but it didn't cost us the game... other factors in play did... defense being riddled with injuries, an unfortunate drop by Doctson. Not getting into the end zone to go up 14-0. Clock management at the end of the game had no bearing on the outcome.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. A little comprehension wouldn't hurt dean either.

my bad. I misread your post. I am working and doing this too. lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even like Gruden as a head coach dude.

You seem to think a difference of opinion is poor clock management. It isn't. Poor clock management is having the ball downed in the middle of the field with two timeouts and allowing 25 seconds to run off instead of using a time out with a minute to go from the 50.

Of course it wasn't over if JD catches the TD, but the likelihood of victory was going to be above 90%.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These coaches need to play madden with the 2 minute quarters during the offseason. Or something.

They so often blow the clock situation.

College kids that are high out of their minds and drinking beer at 3AM never make those mistakes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this game yes,,, but it didn't cost us the game... other factors in play did... defense being riddled with injuries, an unfortunate drop by Doctson. Not getting into the end zone to go up 14-0. Clock management at the end of the game had no bearing on the outcome.

Yep - see my reply in the other thread with Casserly's analysis of the game. Kelley not reading his blocking correctly & cost them a TD. Kerrigan trying to bull rush & not containing Smith allowed Smith to make a huge completion for a 1st down. These things all add up. Considering expectations at the beginning of the season Gruden is doing a damn good job. However some Redskins fans have to pretty much bitch about everything.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These coaches need to play madden with the 2 minute quarters during the offseason. Or something.

They so often blow the clock situation.

College kids that are high out of their minds and drinking beer at 3AM never make those mistakes.

Is that high out of their minds and drinking beer @ 3 am with the game scheduled to be played at 1 or 4 pm that same day? Or high out of their minds and drinking beer at @ 3 am, 6, 7, 8 hours after their game has ended?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that high out of their minds and drinking beer @ 3 am with the game scheduled to be played at 1 or 4 pm that same day? Or high out of their minds and drinking beer at @ 3 am, 6, 7, 8 hours after their game has ended?

High out of their minds and drinking beer and playing madden and at 3 AM and NOT fucking up the clock.