• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: jets vs skins

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of fighting and personal issues during practice
game should be interesting
i hope game pass gives me the skins announcers

i hope krush does these game threads during the regular season

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Redskins Offense Now the Biggest Issue in D.C.?

i just dont know how on one hand say smith is a better qb and on the other say the offense will struggle ? did we give up a 3rd rounder and fuller , plus 71 mil to get worse on offense ?

smith is going into this season with pretty much the same weapons KC "started " out with . you tell me he is a "good fit " but then turn around and say we will be worse ? huh ?

without guice we will be down a difference maker for sure but smith should be able to keep us a float with a good offense

hopefully we will see some good things on offense tomorrow night i think we will

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i just dont know how on one hand say smith is a better qb and on the other say the offense will struggle ? did we give up a 3rd rounder and fuller , plus 71 mil to get worse on offense ?

smith is going into this season with pretty much the same weapons KC "started " out with . you tell me he is a "good fit " but then turn around and say we will be worse ? huh ?

without guice we will be down a difference maker for sure but smith should be able to keep us a float with a good offense

hopefully we will see some good things on offense tomorrow night i think we will

Honestly, without Guice, the offense remains basically the same, correct? We replaced the previous QB with the same version, RB group remains the same, replaced Pryor with Richardson. We did not upgrade at LG like many of us assumed we would. The offense has remained relatively the same imo. Guice would have added another dimension we currently do not have in our offense at the position.

As for the defense, it also remains relatively the same with exception of Payne who will start at NG in place of Hood. The secondary replaced Breeland with Dunbar (may look to sign DRC) and at slot, apparently Moreau will get his shot there in place of Fuller. Nicholson & DJ remain. So while the DL looks to have improved (jury still out) the secondary took a bit of a hit losing Fuller but Dunbar for Breeland a wash imo.

"If" the Skins stay healthy it could be status quo (9-7 or 8-8) but if health concerns rear their ugly head again this season (already has) then Jay may have a hard time talking his way out of this one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, without Guice, the offense remains basically the same, correct? We replaced the previous QB with the same version, RB group remains the same, replaced Pryor with Richardson. We did not upgrade at LG like many of us assumed we would. The offense has remained relatively the same imo. Guice would have added another dimension we currently do not have in our offense at the position.

As for the defense, it also remains relatively the same with exception of Payne who will start at NG in place of Hood. The secondary replaced Breeland with Dunbar (may look to sign DRC) and at slot, apparently Moreau will get his shot there in place of Fuller. Nicholson & DJ remain. So while the DL looks to have improved (jury still out) the secondary took a bit of a hit losing Fuller but Dunbar for Breeland a wash imo.

"If" the Skins stay healthy it could be status quo (9-7 or 8-8) but if health concerns rear their ugly head again this season (already has) then Jay may have a hard time talking his way out of this one.

so we made a trade for smith to be the status quo? . ouch . i thought last season , before the injuries we were a 10 win team . i think the expectation is we should be this year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way I am an idiot . The game is on ESPN

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let me help a bit if I can with your Smith being better and the offense struggling question.

Let's just use the Smith is better narrative...

Is Smith the entirety of the offense or are there 10 other guys out there with him?

How do you know that the "ooffense will struggle" perspective is not aimed at a part of or all of these other guys?

Didn't this offense struggle WITH Cousins, especially on crucial third downs and in scoring?

Acceptance is not indicative of what will actually happen, thus "getting worse" or even potentially being worse has yet to be proven.

Is it possible to wait for things to play out a bit before declaring a subjective dimunition at both QB and slot corner?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help a bit if I can with your Smith being better and the offense struggling question.

Is Smith the entirety of the offense or are there 10 other guys out there with him?

How do you know that the "ooffense will struggle" perspective is not aimed at a part of or all of these other guys?

Didn't this offense struggle WITH Cousins, especially on crucial third downs and in scoring?

Acceptance is not indicative of what will actually happen, thus "getting worse" or even potentially being worse has yet to be proven.

Is it possible to wait for things to play out a bit before declaring a subjective dimunition at both QB and slot corner?

Did anyone hear the interview with JG when asked if his system was QB friendly? His answer was yes it is, in manageable down and distances we can skeem up plays to get guys open, but there comes a time in instances such as third and long or goal line situations where coverages are much more tight and your QB is going to have to abandon the process and just make a play.

Might’ve just been a shot at Kirk, but it does follow the narrative that sty has been pushing. Since Kirk has left and hearing such stories to this point in his career I’m starting to believe this was the problem with making him the highest paid at the position. Now unlike SM I think he still has plenty of room to grow and if we could’ve signed him I’d still been happy with he and fuller. Btw, not his exact words just going off of my memory which isn’t the greatest, lol

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again my question of the author was incredulous , why say we are getting worse when the trade was supposed to make us better ?

i am not going to really listen to the talking point that the qb is only 1 of 10 when for the last 3 seasons that narrative was dismissed by people on this forum

i will say this if KC played badly or made even one mistake we normally lost . now smith is supposed to make do with what KC had and he is supposed to be better then our home grown qb .

i think he will do well but after all this smith glorification i see a lot of back tracking

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we made a trade for smith to be the status quo? . ouch . i thought last season , before the injuries we were a 10 win team . i think the expectation is we should be this year
"status quo" is the analogy I used for "not much has changed" offensively. Try not reading more into what it is. If healthy, certainly 9-10 wins, if not, it could get ugly. Just saying dad...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone hear the interview with JG when asked if his system was QB friendly? His answer was yes it is, in manageable down and distances we can skeem up plays to get guys open, but there comes a time in instances such as third and long or goal line situations where coverages are much more tight and your QB is going to have to abandon the process and just make a play.

Might’ve just been a shot at Kirk, but it does follow the narrative that sty has been pushing. Since Kirk has left and hearing such stories to this point in his career I’m starting to believe this was the problem with making him the highest paid at the position. Now unlike SM I think he still has plenty of room to grow and if we could’ve signed him I’d still been happy with he and fuller. Btw, not his exact words just going off of my memory which isn’t the greatest, lol

if smith is better (which i have been told over and over again ) then why are we lowering expectations ? (not saying you say this by the way ) . why do i see prediction of 7-9 wins . we got that with the last guy and the team didnt get worse . it got better

why expect the offense to be worse ? it should be better with a healthy o/line , reed and dox and with richardson

there are at least 5 potential pro bowlers on this offense , trent , sherff , moses , reed and smith , maybe 6 with CT

dox and crowder are solid as is roullier . i dont see worse , i see better

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"status quo" is the analogy I used for "not much has changed" offensively. Try not reading more into what it is. If healthy, certainly 9-10 wins, if not, it could get ugly. Just saying dad...
with an offense of 5 potential pro bowlers (maybe 6 ) 10 wins should be the low end , trent , sherff , moses reed smith with CT possibly entering into it

our defense should be improved on the d/line and with good olbs ( 2 potential PB players ) and allen has that potential , add norman and i see almost 9 pro bowl potential guys here

we should be expecting more then the status quo (hovering around 500 or lower depending how far you go back )

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So KC was the problem and we replace him with a guy that throws far fewer TDs...makes sense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries on both sides of the ball, Redskins were 16th in the league in points scored and 27th in points against. :noidea:

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a freaking game thread?

We used to have mods that kept things in line by using posted forum guidelines.

But, I guess when it’s a mod who started a game thread…he can do whatever he want’s, since he makes and changes the rules. You remember, rule #2 dad?...” Try to keep your posts relevant to the topic of the thread you are posting in. ”

Seriously, is there any other mod on the entire hoop that TROLLS his own starting QB like @skinsdad?...i don’t think so.

Back to the game thread…I’m hoping to see our starting offense play at least a quarter. Our #2 offense dominated NE #1 defense last week. Damn I was looking forward to seeing Guice this year.

HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to be a Redskin’s fan!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a freaking game thread?

We used to have mods that kept things in line by using posted forum guidelines.

But, I guess when it’s a mod who started a game thread…he can do whatever he want’s, since he makes and changes the rules. You remember, rule #2 dad?...” Try to keep your posts relevant to the topic of the thread you are posting in. ”

Seriously, is there any other mod on the entire hoop that TROLLS his own starting QB like @skinsdad?...i don’t think so.

Back to the game thread…I’m hoping to see our starting offense play at least a quarter. Our #2 offense dominated NE #1 defense last week. Damn I was looking forward to seeing Guice this year.

HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to be a Redskin’s fan!

i am going to tell you this i dont think calling my starting qb a potential pro bowler is trolling (in fact 3 times )

saying i am "incredulous the author of my link would think we would be a lesser offense is hardly trolling

saying i dont see worse i see BETTER isnt trolling my qb mitz

i dont know where you get those things but expecting our qb to be better then the other guy is one huge reason you make the trade

anyone can start a thread mitz even you

i have given pretty darn good coverage of every snap of OTA's , mini camp and TC with every tweet , link and video i can find on my team .

now the relevance of my link to this thread . we are having a preseason game , one in which we should see the new starters participate in , our first chance to see if that link is true or not

now what would a bad moderator do ? ban you for disagreeing with me . delete your posts because you disagree with me i dont unless you insult

now you have tools if you dont like my content in threads i start . putting me on ignore is one of them

i have every right to start a game thread , anyone does , hell coach started the last one usually krush does them because he likes it and he does cool graphics but he hasnt been around

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't get crushed by injuries and smith improves the red zone 7 not 3 mentality they'll be fine. My only problem with Cousins was watching him cruise between the twenty's only to trot Hopkins out for a FG

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was ONLY one reason to make that trade, Colt McCoy was the only QB on the roster.

Let me say this one more time, I would not have made that trade at that cost, signing Smith as a free agent or attempting to get him for less than what was given, OK. My option was to go after a free agent QB then draft another with short learning curve. (a year or two) The organization thought differently, believing that Smith was at minimum comparable to the one lost. (Kirk). I agree, it was a lateral move. Now we are in wait-n-see mode.