• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jericho vs Omega

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun match.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you book a match like this? Omega is NJPWs big boy. Would they really have Jericho come in and beat him? Would Jericho come in for a job?

I just don’t get the politics involved in a match like this.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you book a match like this? Omega is NJPWs big boy. Would they really have Jericho come in and beat him? Would Jericho come in for a job?

I just don’t get the politics involved in a match like this.
Jericho comes back to WWE to job all the time now. He's said him putting young guys is often his idea that he pitches to Vince. At this stage of his career, Jericho's not getting anymore over than he already is and doesn't need a push. Omega who's NJPWs US champ would get a big rub by beating Jericho. Of course, they could always do a series of matches with Jericho winning the first ones and Omega winning in the end.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jericho was still in WWE.

If he does this, that is solid. I heard Taker was pissed that they broke his WM streak against a part timer. Supposedly, he wanted to lose the streak years earlier to a guy like Orton who could actually use the rub to further his brand. Losing it to Lesner made absolutely no sense.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This match will be a good indicator of Omega's potential in the WWE. Obviously the main event caliber wrestling in Japan is better but this should showcase if he can work a toned down WWE style that's safe for his opponent and still get a show stealing match out of them.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH was at an indie show over the weekend too. Wonder if its vince allowing the wrestlers or vince buying them all.

Speaking of indies, you guys see this?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jericho was still in WWE.

If he does this, that is solid. I heard Taker was pissed that they broke his WM streak against a part timer. Supposedly, he wanted to lose the streak years earlier to a guy like Orton who could actually use the rub to further his brand. Losing it to Lesner made absolutely no sense.

From what I've read, he doesn't do long-term contracts with WWE anymore so he'll have a short-term contract (ie: 3-4 months) and when that expires, he's free to do other projects until he's ready to come back for another run.

And right now he's not under contract with WWE so he's free to go wrestle for anyone.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've read, he doesn't do long-term contracts with WWE anymore so he'll have a short-term contract (ie: 3-4 months) and when that expires, he's free to do other projects until he's ready to come back for another run.

And right now he's not under contract with WWE so he's free to go wrestle for anyone.

This is from PWI today;

A lot of people have been asking how Vince McMahon felt about Chris Jericho going to work for New Japan against Kenny Omega early next year. Well, today is Jericho's birthday and Vince tweeted the following:

My take on the situation was that due to his relationship with and respect for McMahon, Jericho would have talked to Vince before taking the date. In fact, I would have been shocked if I were to find out that he didn't. The word I received was that he cleared the appearance with WWE.

As it turns out Jose Gonzales sent this item just as I was writing this story: Kenny Omega told Tokyo Sports that "Jericho is not full-time, he is still with WWE. Of course, Vince McMahon has give permission."

So Jericho still got permission from Vince to do this.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why was HHH at an indie show?

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from PWI today;

A lot of people have been asking how Vince McMahon felt about Chris Jericho going to work for New Japan against Kenny Omega early next year. Well, today is Jericho's birthday and Vince tweeted the following:

My take on the situation was that due to his relationship with and respect for McMahon, Jericho would have talked to Vince before taking the date. In fact, I would have been shocked if I were to find out that he didn't. The word I received was that he cleared the appearance with WWE.

As it turns out Jose Gonzales sent this item just as I was writing this story: Kenny Omega told Tokyo Sports that "Jericho is not full-time, he is still with WWE. Of course, Vince McMahon has give permission."

So Jericho still got permission from Vince to do this.

Well I guess that goes against what Meltzer reported...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t HHH #2 in WWE hierarchy right now, and the heir apparent? I would think he pretty much has the ability to do as he pleases. His incentives are entirely linked to the success of WWE, so that would make sense.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did use two Indy wrestlers on RAW recently. Kasey Catal and Isla Dawn both got try outs.Wrestling under different names in squash matches with Asuka.Sounds like he's recruiting for NXT again

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t HHH #2 in WWE hierarchy right now, and the heir apparent? I would think he pretty much has the ability to do as he pleases. His incentives are entirely linked to the success of WWE, so that would make sense.
He also runs developmental thats his project.Cant say I'm surprised if he's hitting Indy events when he can.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This match will be a good indicator of Omega's potential in the WWE. Obviously the main event caliber wrestling in Japan is better but this should showcase if he can work a toned down WWE style that's safe for his opponent and still get a show stealing match out of them.

I don't think his ability to slow down would at all be an indicator. He should be able to do that just fine. It's his ability on mic and character work that would determine his WWE ceiling. What he does works fine in Japan but so much of getting over there is simply based on in ring work. I'm not saying he can't do it, just saying that's what it'll be. It's like AJ Styles. Everyone knew he was a great worker but even at TNA, people weren't sure he had the promo skills to make it work if he went to WWE. Well, he's found a voice. Same with Daniel Bryan, who was pretty darn bland in ROH character wise but became an all time character for WWE

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think his ability to slow down would at all be an indicator. He should be able to do that just fine. It's his ability on mic and character work that would determine his WWE ceiling. What he does works fine in Japan but so much of getting over there is simply based on in ring work. I'm not saying he can't do it, just saying that's what it'll be. It's like AJ Styles. Everyone knew he was a great worker but even at TNA, people weren't sure he had the promo skills to make it work if he went to WWE. Well, he's found a voice. Same with Daniel Bryan, who was pretty darn bland in ROH character wise but became an all time character for WWE

Nakamura used to have 5 star matches and was generally considered one of NJPW upper echelon wrestlers and it's not fully translating to the WWE. I think it's a different skill set. The wrestlers you work with generally aren't as talented. You're wrestling 200-250 times a year and have to work much safer and limited in the ring. Jericho's 47 so Omega will have to completely scale back what he does here.
I'm really impressed with Omega on the Mic. He's worlds better than AJ there.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that Vince gave his blessing so Y2J could give him some info as to how good Omega is and if he thinks he could make it. Omega's contract with NJPW expires in January.

*Fantasy booking*

Jericho and Omega have a great match and in the end, Y2J wins by cheating. He comes back as a surprise entrant at the Royal Rumble and runs the ring like he usually does. Omega is a surprise entrant, somewhere in the 20's, and the finish the feud, allowing Omega to get used to the WWE style and grind. Then he goes after Styles, complete with a quasi Bullet Club Survivor Series match and ending with Styles v Omega for the strap at WM.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HHH was at an indie show over the weekend too. Wonder if its vince allowing the wrestlers or vince buying them all.

Speaking of indies, you guys see this?

ECW did it first and better.