• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jay Ajayi Traded

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins trade Jay Ajayi to the Eagles. Fins doing their part in making the Eagles better.

Fins trade their sometimes slightly disgruntled starting RB - lets see if now they will be willing to use their other RBs now.

Not a bad trade in terms of return but still very unnecessary to trade one of your better, younger talents.

Again, I will wonder if this fan base will now criticized this move, by this front office/coaching staff as much as they would've the previous coaching staff and front office. They would've gotten eaten alive for this move.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move is for a 4th round pick.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it? A 4th rounder? Why bother?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? Just a 4th rounder???

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? Just a 4th rounder???
I am not sure he was ever viewed as more than a 1 contract player by the Dolphins, just a hunch. That knee scared a lot of teams off in the draft to get him all the way in the 5th round.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many writers, local and national, are reporting this as Adam Gase " sending a message' Continuing with his wannabe tough guy attitude with his approach to the team that has gotten us little results on the field regardless of injuries.

So, this move was not about trying to make the team better now or even in the future considering the return they Fins are getting - as already noted by many on here.It was just a move to boost the coaches ego.

Another move inspired by Gase and his mission to impose his will on the team/players even if it comes at the expense of the good of the team.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with taking disciplinary action on some players when its necessary and warranted - but you don't just make a move like this to make yourself better even if it hurts the team - this is my opinion on this move.

I mean if this is the philosophy and motivation as to why this move was made, the question becomes whether the Fins will have enough players to field a team on sunday night? How many other key guys get traded before the deadline.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move is surprising. Ajayi was one of the best players on the team. A 4th rounder seems low for a player with his talent & he isn't on a contract year. If the move was for a Pro bowl level Olinemen it would be easier to understand.

Sometimes it takes time to see if a team is making the right move. We'll see.

The Fins other RB's have talent plus the Fins could find another talent in the 4th round (Ajayi was a 5th round pick) or with a trade or during the offseason by signing an unrestricted free agent.

We wont know if the Fins are done with trading until 4 PM today.

Last year Gase, as a first time Head Coach, got off to a good start & seemed to know what he was doing almost right away. This year he seems to be learning on the job. Perhaps, he needed THill to run the offense even more than I thought. Also, the Oline seemed to be playing a lot better last year. When guys appear to be underperforming that isn't a good look for the coaching staff.

I don't see the defense taking a step back. If anything these guys have gotten better with having R Jones back & with the talent that they have added. I think this next draft should be used to improve the offense. Also, the coaches need to lead the team better.

Last edited by a moderator:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I said whaTTTTTT!! Then after thinking about, think it may be good move. He was under performing and just wasn't producing. gives Drake a chance and I think he will be just as good.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I said whaTTTTTT!! Then after thinking about, think it may be good move. He was under performing and just wasn't producing. gives Drake a chance and I think he will be just as good.

I think Drake is faster but needs to share carries with another RB. Williams has some power with his runs & can make some catches in the passing game. Ability to pick up blitzers should be a factor also in determining who plays.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move is surprising. Ajayi was one of the best players on the team. A 4th rounder seems low for a player with his talent & he isn't on a contract year. If the move was for a Pro bowl level Olinemen it would be easier to understand.

Sometimes it takes time to see if a team is making the right move. We'll see.

The Fins other RB's have talent plus the Fins could find another talent in the 4th round (Ajayi was a 5th round pick) or with a trade or during the offseason by signing an unrestricted free agent.

We wont know if the Fins are done with trading until 4 PM today.

Last year Gase, as a first time Head Coach, got off to a good start & seemed to know what he was doing almost right away. This year he seems to be learning on the job. Perhaps, he needed THill to run the offense even more than I thought. Also, the Oline seemed to be playing a lot better last year. When guys appear to be underperforming that isn't a good look for the coaching staff.

I don't see the defense taking a step back. If anything these guys have gotten better with having R Jones back & with the talent that they have added. I think this next draft should be used to improve the offense. Also, the coaches need to lead the team better.

True to form the Fins used a transaction period today to WEAKEN the team rather than strengthen it.

Don't get me wrong on anything I've said today regarding this move- I like both Drake and Williams, they both bring something different to the position and adds other elements to the position with their pass catching abilities and blocking. That being said, you don't gain much, so as not to say nothing, by trading away one of your best players for a draft pick. Sure, that pick can be turned into something good down the road but Ajayi is someone you should've expected more in return for. This is why I believe this move was, like I said earlier, to impose Adam Gase will on the team and the control he wants to show us he has on the team. I personally don't think thats a good team - you can't make moves to weaken your team any further than it is just to make a point.

Its still quite early in his tenure with the Fins but I think Adam Gase has officially started the clock on the coaching hot seat. A move like this makes him even more responsible for how things go for this franchise now and in the near future - if he doesn't get the job done -- he must go.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True to form the Fins used a transaction period today to WEAKEN the team rather than strengthen it.

Don't get me wrong on anything I've said today regarding this move- I like both Drake and Williams, they both bring something different to the position and adds other elements to the position with their pass catching abilities and blocking. That being said, you don't gain much, so as not to say nothing, by trading away one of your best players for a draft pick. Sure, that pick can be turned into something good down the road but Ajayi is someone you should've expected more in return for. This is why I believe this move was, like I said earlier, to impose Adam Gase will on the team and the control he wants to show us he has on the team. I personally don't think thats a good team - you can't make moves to weaken your team any further than it is just to make a point.

Its still quite early in his tenure with the Fins but I think Adam Gase has officially started the clock on the coaching hot seat. A move like this makes him even more responsible for how things go for this franchise now and in the near future - if he doesn't get the job done -- he must go.
You guys do realize that Belicheat would run over his own mother to win a game right? He will cut Brady in a second as soon as he falls off more than his liking...yet they win. For all we know Ajayi told Gase to go F himself and was missing his blocking assignments, not running the pass routes he was told, not studying the playbook, etc…so because he had a few good games we should all lose our minds? Do what you want but odds are Ajayi did something bad real bad…and if so I’m glad the coach cut ties instead of sucking him off and allowing more guys to follow suit.

On another note the Fins have the 3rd best record reg season in the NFL since they got hot last season. Gase is obviously doing something right. Of course Philbin would be on the hot seat as he didn't produce he stunk but I'll give Gase the benefit. Of course if his record falls off and he continues his methods yes he will be on the hot seat just like anyone else but not at this time. Let's see what happens before losing your minds...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase led the team to the playoffs during his first year. I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt. My guess is that he didn't think Ajayi was making the effort to become a better blocker and there is even more to the story.

What can we expect for wins when a team is down to the third QB, endured a hurricane and probably a historic amount of team travel that included a London trip? I would like to see improvement this year but I understand it's an uphill climb. I think the defense is good enough to make the games interesting and the offense can only play better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do realize that Belicheat would run over his own mother to win a game right? He will cut Brady in a second as soon as he falls off more than his liking...yet they win. For all we know Ajayi told Gase to go F himself and was missing his blocking assignments, not running the pass routes he was told, not studying the playbook, etc…so because he had a few good games we should all lose our minds? Do what you want but odds are Ajayi did something bad real bad…and if so I’m glad the coach cut ties instead of sucking him off and allowing more guys to follow suit.

On another note the Fins have the 3rd best record reg season in the NFL since they got hot last season. Gase is obviously doing something right. Of course Philbin would be on the hot seat as he didn't produce he stunk but I'll give Gase the benefit. Of course if his record falls off and he continues his methods yes he will be on the hot seat just like anyone else but not at this time. Let's see what happens before losing your minds...

First of all, this is the Fins board -- so fuck Belicheat and the Cheatriots and whatever they do with their organization.

And if Ajayi did in fact tell Gase to fuck himself, then that would be great - someone had to or should.

Last, last season is so last season at this point. Its the 2017-18 regular season now and thats what matters and it looks as those its headed in a bad direction for this team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paolo,

You are a passionate fan but you need perspective. Gase is the best coach the franchise has had in a long time. When was the last time the team made the playoffs before him? Also, winning close games is a sign of good coaching. Part of the reason that the Pats of dominated for so long is that other AFC East teams have had too much change. It's hard to win a division when you are always starting over with new coaches and a new QB and a new system. I like what the team is building on defense. On offense the team should be a lot better when THill is back and healthy next year.

Having Parker back this week could make a difference & I would not underrate Drake & Williams.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, this is the Fins board -- so fuck Belicheat and the Cheatriots and whatever they do with their organization.

And if Ajayi did in fact tell Gase to fuck himself, then that would be great - someone had to or should.

Last, last season is so last season at this point. Its the 2017-18 regular season now and thats what matters and it looks as those its headed in a bad direction for this team.
I hate those pricks too but they are the camps and have done shit like this every year. Fit in do your job or be cut...it works.

Also the team has a winning record still and that's with the third string QB in. We all need to reeeelax.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins trade Jay Ajayi to the Eagles. Fins doing their part in making the Eagles better.

Fins trade their sometimes slightly disgruntled starting RB - lets see if now they will be willing to use their other RBs now.

Not a bad trade in terms of return but still very unnecessary to trade one of your better, younger talents.

Eagles place RB Jay Ajayi on IR with torn ACL