• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Jones to be released

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Oakland Raiders to release James Jones - NFL.com

He's a great locker room presence and it's a little surprising but we drafted Amari Cooper and signed Michael Crabtree to go with Andre Holmes, Rod Streater, and Brice Butler.

They will likely start Cooper and Crabtree, using Holmes and Streater as the main backups.

Jones had a solid season with 73 receptions and 6 TD's, but averaged less than 10 yards per reception. His big play ability seems to have disappeared and he's just a possession WR. This move indicates the Raiders are going with youth.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saves the team 3.5 million.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised they did this before camp. If nothing else he can help the young guys in learning how to be a professional for a few weeks then cut him and still save the same amount of money. I mean I guess this is a move to help him out to maybe land on a roster but beyond that it just doesn't make much sense to cut him at this point.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised they did this before camp. If nothing else he can help the young guys in learning how to be a professional for a few weeks then cut him and still save the same amount of money. I mean I guess this is a move to help him out to maybe land on a roster but beyond that it just doesn't make much sense to cut him at this point.

Somebody on FB said the same thing. The WR coach can teach them how to run routes and be a professional, that's his job.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe it was out of respect so he can find a job quickly....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody on FB said the same thing. The WR coach can teach them how to run routes and be a professional, that's his job.

I understand that to a point but there is nothing quite like a veteran helping a young guy. A great example is that of the Broncos signing DeMarcus Ware with the idea that he would help Von Miller better understand how to be a professional. Ware was his hero growing up so it makes sense that he would be more willing to listen even above the coaches.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders cut Miles Burris as well.. Once a Raider always a Raider Burris.. It is what it is..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burris? Wow. Maybe, they'll bring him back on a cheaper deal.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,201.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the Oakland Raiders releasing James Jones and Miles Burris? - Oakland Raiders Blog - ESPN

"Drafting Cooper adds to the depth at the position. The Raiders like Rod Streater and Andre Holmes. If Jones was kept, those players would get less repetitions. Oakland also has youngsters Brice Butler, Kenbrell Thompkins and undrafted free-agent Josh Harper. Harper will get a long look this summer because of the chemistry he developed with second-year quarterback Derek Carr at Fresno State.

Burris, who has 109 tackles last season, was replaced by Curtis Lofton, who signed a three-year, $18 million deal in free agency to be the team's starting middle linebacker. Burris’ chances of making the roster dropped when Oakland drafted Ben Heeney out of Kansas in the fifth round."

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kasa cut.. To bad the dude could never stay healthy.. Crappy..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH at the Pats!! Real Shady Man!! This is just the begining.. Cheating catches up to people, history proves it..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is now in the same room with Barry Bonds, A-Rod, etc.. BUSTED!! Let's see which CLOWNS on TV try to SPIN IT!! Let's also see who has the balls to call the Pats out..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is now in the same room with Barry Bonds, A-Rod, etc.. BUSTED!! Let's see which CLOWNS on TV try to SPIN IT!! Let's also see who has the balls to call the Pats out..

I hope they drop the hammer on Brady and the Patriots for this one. I honestly could care less about them deflating footballs. It is against the rules but to me near the bottom of the rule breaking. What I do care about though is the fact that they deliberately were trying to break the rules to get an advantage, that Brady paid a guy off so he wouldn't tell ESPN what he was doing, and that he just flat out lied to his team, the media, and especially us fans. I mean he had his owner believing him to the point of the owner going before the media and demanding an apology for the NFL even questioning the integrity of Brady.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they drop the hammer on Brady and the Patriots for this one. I honestly could care less about them deflating footballs. It is against the rules but to me near the bottom of the rule breaking. What I do care about though is the fact that they deliberately were trying to break the rules to get an advantage, that Brady paid a guy off so he wouldn't tell ESPN what he was doing, and that he just flat out lied to his team, the media, and especially us fans. I mean he had his owner believing him to the point of the owner going before the media and demanding an apology for the NFL even questioning the integrity of Brady.
I agree with you cd.. Its crazy when you think about it though.. Tom Brady the FACE of the NFL!! Paying people off to cheat for him!! Cheaters ALWAYS fall from grace, see Tiger Woods, Barry Bonds, etc!! Brady is next..I will never see that guy as one of the all time greats again.. Its time for the hammer to drop on that team!! Its not the first time they have been busted for cheating either!! Goodell needs to show the World, that no team is above the game!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you cd.. Its crazy when you think about it though.. Tom Brady the FACE of the NFL!! Paying people off to cheat for him!! Cheaters ALWAYS fall from grace, see Tiger Woods, Barry Bonds, etc!! Brady is next..I will never see that guy as one of the all time greats again.. Its time for the hammer to drop on that team!! Its not the first time they have been busted for cheating either!! Goodell needs to show the World, that no team is above the game!!

Too bad that won't happen though. Brady and Kraft especially are Goodell's good buddies. He will try to act tough in the situation but in the end it will probably amount to a slap on the wrist. I will be very surprised if Brady gets suspended even for one game. They would hate to be missing one of the golden boys from the first official game of the year.

My hope though is that like you said they lay down the hammer. They suspended Payton for the bountygate even though he didn't head it up and then suspended some of the players pretty much the entire year. I think Brady should be suspended for the year, BB should maybe get at least 4 games, and Kraft should get a very hefty fine. I know the report says they had nothing to do with it but they are the head of the organization. If there is cheating going on especially by their best player they should know about that and put a stop to it. They should be held responsible for not having their house in order.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad that won't happen though. Brady and Kraft especially are Goodell's good buddies. He will try to act tough in the situation but in the end it will probably amount to a slap on the wrist. I will be very surprised if Brady gets suspended even for one game. They would hate to be missing one of the golden boys from the first official game of the year.

My hope though is that like you said they lay down the hammer. They suspended Payton for the bountygate even though he didn't head it up and then suspended some of the players pretty much the entire year. I think Brady should be suspended for the year, BB should maybe get at least 4 games, and Kraft should get a very hefty fine. I know the report says they had nothing to do with it but they are the head of the organization. If there is cheating going on especially by their best player they should know about that and put a stop to it. They should be held responsible for not having their house in order.
cd, Goodell also works for Mark Davis, as well as your Owner and every other one.. If those Owners have any pride?? They will demand that he be suspended for a year!! As you know, its a BIG NO NO to come on TV and LIE to the American People!! The pressure will be to GREAT for Goodell to just let it go easy..IMO.. Heck Goodell at one time was in a world of sheet himself, now is the time for him to do the RIGHT thing..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, Goodell also works for Mark Davis, as well as your Owner and every other one.. If those Owners have any pride?? They will demand that he be suspended for a year!! As you know, its a BIG NO NO to come on TV and LIE to the American People!! The pressure will be to GREAT for Goodell to just let it go easy..IMO.. Heck Goodell at one time was in a world of sheet himself, now is the time for him to do the RIGHT thing..

Oh I agree...I'm just saying if there is one organization that he has shown some favoritism towards it is the Patriots. Heck there are multiple times where Goodell is seen partying with Kraft. People joke that Kraft is the Vice-Commissioner of the NFL because of how close the two are. I really do hope that Goodell separates that relationship in this and make a decision that is fair to all teams in the league. Whether it is a small thing or not of deflating the footballs the Patriots were purposefully trying to play outside of the rules of the league to get an advantage however big or small and that to me should be punished very hard. Heck they suspend guys for smoking weed and that gives them no advantage at all in your ability to play.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree...I'm just saying if there is one organization that he has shown some favoritism towards it is the Patriots. Heck there are multiple times where Goodell is seen partying with Kraft. People joke that Kraft is the Vice-Commissioner of the NFL because of how close the two are. I really do hope that Goodell separates that relationship in this and make a decision that is fair to all teams in the league. Whether it is a small thing or not of deflating the footballs the Patriots were purposefully trying to play outside of the rules of the league to get an advantage however big or small and that to me should be punished very hard. Heck they suspend guys for smoking weed and that gives them no advantage at all in your ability to play.
Oh for sure cd, the buddy buddy system.. But there comes a time man, when you just have to do the right thing..
Could you imagine how Brady feels right now?? Knowing he has to face the Media!! And not just the sports Media either, but the Hounds of the MSM!! No game pressure is greater than what he is about to feel.. And like you said, dudes getting suspended for up to a year for smoking bud, and it has no effect on the game.. What Brady did effected the game!! What an uppercut the Golden Boy just took..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways.. Amari Cooper WINS OROY!! For sure!!